If you’re the type of person who loves going out of their comfort zone, you’ll no doubt enjoy this list of the best Up quotes we’ve compiled.
Up is a heartwarming movie that tells the tale of an old man with an undying love for his late wife and a young boy who dreams of becoming a Senior Wilderness Explorer. Carl Fredricksen and Russell couldn’t be more different. Their ages are worlds apart, and their personalities are polar opposites.
Despite these differences, they find themselves forming a one-of-a-kind bond. Together, they traverse the world to fulfill Carl’s late wife’s dream of reaching Paradise Falls and eventually help Russell earn his last badge. Up’s plot might seem simple enough, but don’t be fooled.
Up will make your eyes well up with tears, and it will make you reflect on the many aspects of life, like true love, living life to the fullest, and unexpected friendships.
So, if you’re interested in these morals, read on! We have the best quotes just for you.
Best Up Quotes
1. “That might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.” – Russell
2. “Imagine all the wonderful things that will never happen if you do not let them.” – Ellie Fredricksen
3. “Russell, for assisting the elderly and for performing above and beyond the call of duty, I would like to award you the highest honor I can bestow—The Ellie Badge.” – Carl Fredricksen
4. “The wilderness must be explored!” – Russell
5. “Adventure is out there!” – Charles Muntz
6. “Hi, there! My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.” – Dug
7. Russell: “You came back for Kevin. Let’s go get her.”
Carl Fredricksen: “I’ll get her. You stay here.”
Russell: “But I wanna help.”
Carl Fredricksen: “I don’t want your help. I want you safe.”
8. Dug: “I was hiding under your porch because I love you. Can I stay?”
Carl Fredricksen: “Can you stay? Well, you’re my dog, aren’t you?”
9. “My master made me this collar. He is a good and smart master, and he made me this collar so that I may speak. Squirrel!” – Dug
10. “Don’t you know this is an exclusive club? Only explorers get in here. Not just any kid off the street with a helmet and a pair of goggles. Do you think you got what it takes? Well, do you?” – Ellie Fredricksen
11. “You know Carl, these people who come here, they all tell pretty good stories. A surveyor making a map, a botanist cataloging plants, an old man taking his house to Paradise Falls. And that’s the best one yet. I can’t wait to hear how it ends.” – Charles Muntz
12. Russell: “A wilderness explorer is a friend to all, be a plant or fish or tiny mole!”
Carl Fredricksen: “That doesn’t even rhyme!”
Russell: “Yeah it does.”
13. Russell: “Good afternoon. Are you in need of assistance today, sir?”
Carl Fredricksen: “No.”
Russell: “I can help you cross the street. I can help you cross your porch?”
Up Quotes to Make You Emotional
14. “You will always be my greatest adventure.” – Carl Fredricksen
15. “Go toward the light, master.” – Dug
16. “Thanks for the adventure. Now go have a new one! Love, Ellie.” – Ellie Fredricksen
17. “There it is. Ellie, it’s so beautiful.” – Carl Fredricksen
18. “True love is hard to find. When you find it, take good care of it while you still have time.” – Carl Fredricksen
19. Russell: “Sorry about your house Mr. Fredricksen.”
Carl Fredricksen: “You know, it’s just a house.”
Up Quotes That’ll Take You on an Exciting Adventure
20. Russell: “Ready?”
Carl Fredricksen: “Ready.”
21. Russell: “I’ve never been in a floating house before. Goggles. Look at this stuff. Wow! You’re going on a trip? ‘Paradise Falls, a land lost in time.’ You’re going to South America, Mr. Fredricksen?”
Carl Fredricksen: “Don’t touch that! You’ll soil it.”
Russell: “You know, most people take a plane, but you’re smart because you’ll have all your TV and clocks and stuff.”
22. “Oh! Mr. Fredricksen! If we happen to get separated, use the wilderness explorer call: Ca—ca! Rawrrr!” – Russell
23. “I am nobody’s master, got it? I don’t want you here, and I don’t want you here. I’m stuck with you. If you two don’t clear out of here when I count to three—.” – Carl Fredricksen
24. “I am going to Paradise Falls, if it kills me.” – Carl Fredricksen
25. Carl Fredricksen: “I can’t tell where we are.”
Russell: “Oh, we’re in South America, alright. It was a cinch with my Wilderness Explorer GPS.”
Carl Fredricksen: “GP—what?”
Russell: “My dad gave it to me; it shows exactly where we are on the planet! With this baby, we’ll never be lost! Oops.”
26. “Don’t worry, Kevin. We’re on our way.” – Carl Fredricksen
27. “Paradise Falls, a land lost in time. I ripped this right out of a library book. I’m gonna move my clubhouse there, and park it right next to the falls. Who knows what lives up there?” – Ellie Fredricksen
28. “I am a great tracker. My pack sent me on a special mission, all by myself. Have you seen a bird? I am going to find one, and I am on the scent. I am a great tracker; did I mention that?” – Dug
Funny Up Quotes for a Day Full of Laughter
29. “You don’t talk much. I like you!” – Ellie Fredricksen
30. Carl Fredricksen: “This is crazy. I finally meet my childhood hero, and he’s trying to kill us. What a joke.”
Dug: “Hey, I know a joke! A squirrel walks up to a tree and says, ‘I forgot to store acorns for the winter, and now I am dead.’ Ha! It is funny because the squirrel gets dead.”
31. “I do not like the cone of shame.” – Dug
32. “Hey, that one looks like a turtle! Look at that one! That one looks like a dog! Aah! It is a dog!” – Russell
33. Russell: “Can we keep him, please?”
Carl Fredricksen: “No.”
Russell: “But it’s a talking dog!”
34. “Tell your boss over there that you boys are ruining our house.” – Carl Fredricksen
35. Carl Fredricksen: “Hey, let’s play a game. It’s called, ‘See Who Can Be Quiet the Longest.’”
Russell: “Cool! My mom loves that game!”
36. Russell: “Can I tell you a secret?”
Carl Fredricksen: “No.”
Russell: “Alright, here goes.”
More Up Quotes That Will Push You to Explore the World
37. “See these? These are my Wilderness Explorer badges. You may notice one is missing. It’s my ‘Assisting the Elderly’ badge. If I get it, I will become a Senior Wilderness Explorer!” – Russell
38. “The wilderness isn’t quite what I expected” – Russell
39. “That’s it! You can take us there in a blimp! Swear you’ll take us. Cross your heart! Cross it! Cross your heart” – Ellie Fredricksen
40. “Sorry Russell. We’ve lost enough time already.” – Carl Fredricksen
Do You Aspire to Have the Same Kind of Adventure as Carl and Russell?
Life is a never-ending adventure, and we must all realize this. In Up, we see two sides of our life cycle—Carl, who’s nearing the end of his life, and Russell, who’s just started exploring the world.
Carl might seem like a bitter man on the outside, but as the movie progresses, we see how he slowly changes his perspective. He realized that there was no room for regret in his life and went on with his lifelong dream. Carl fulfilled his and his wife’s goals, slowly lifting the pain off his chest.
Of course, interacting with Russell also played a significant part in his transformation. Carl saw how much more life was ahead of Russell, and Russell’s outgoing and jolly personality slowly rubbed off on him.
Apart from this, Russell also inspires us to do what we can to help others and always remain positive despite whatever circumstances we might face. He might be young, but we can all gain wisdom from his youth and his fresh perspective on life.
With that, we hope we were able to show you how great of an adventure life is. You’ll face many ups and downs on the road, but don’t worry. That’s all part of the journey; in time, you’ll realize just how useful they are in making your life more meaningful.