If you love animated fantasy movies released by Disney, these Coco quotes are perfect for you!
We all grow up watching cartoons, and Disney never disappoints when it comes to giving us good movies. One of the most phenomenal is Coco because it imparts wisdom that is perfect for every age.
Coco tells the tale of a shoemaking family that forbids music permanently. Miguel, part of the family’s younger generation, finds it unfortunate because he aspires to become a well-known musician. Because of their odd family rule, he encounters fierce opposition from his family in achieving his goal.
In his effort to show his talents, he ends up in the Land of the Dead and encounters a man named Héctor. Together, the two embark on an adventure that unlocks the truth about the history of Miguel’s family and the musical ban.
Miguel’s journey to the Land of the Dead and Living makes him realize the significance of family, following dreams, and forgiveness. If you also want to learn these lessons, keep reading!
Best Coco Quotes
1. “Only a song has the power to change a heart. Never underestimate the power of music. No one was going to hand me my future; it was up to me to reach for my dream, grab it tight and make it come true.” – Ernesto de la Cruz
2. “We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family.” – Miguel
3. Miguel: “Wait, what happened?”
Héctor: “He’s been forgotten. When there’s no one left in the living world who remembers you, you disappear from this world. We call it the final death.”
Miguel: “Where did he go?”
Héctor: “No one knows.”
Miguel: “But I’ve met him! I could remember him when I go back.”
Héctor: “No. It doesn’t work like that, chamaco. Our memories, they have to be passed down by those who knew us in life—in the stories they tell about us. But there’s no one left alive to pass down Cheech’s stories. Hey, it happens to everyone eventually.”
4. “I am not like the rest of my family. There’s something that makes me different.” – Miguel
5. “I have to sing, I have to play. The music, it’s not just in me; it is me. When life gets me down, I play my guitar. The rest of the world may follow the rules, but I must follow my heart. You know that feeling like there’s a song in the air and it’s playing just for you? I hope you like it.” – Ernesto de la Cruz
6. “Día de Muertos has begun! It’s the one night of the year our ancestors can come visit us.” – Abuelita
7. “I’m done asking for permission. When you see your moment, you mustn’t let it pass you by. You must seize it.” – Ernesto de la Cruz
8. “I know, I’m not supposed to love music. But my great-grandma Coco’s father was the greatest musician of all time, Ernesto de la Cruz. One day, he left with his guitar and never returned. Now, my family thinks music is a curse.” – Miguel
9. “One cannot deny who one is meant to be.” – Ernesto de la Cruz
10. Ernesto de la Cruz: “Don’t I know you?”
Mamá Imelda: “That’s for murdering the love of my life!”
Ernesto de la Cruz: “Who the—?”
Héctor: “She’s talking about me! I am the love of your life?”
Mamá Imelda: “I don’t know, I am still angry at you!”
Coco Quotes That’ll Motivate You to Love Your Family
11. “Miguel, I give you my blessing. To go home, to put up our photos, and to never forget how much your family loves you.” – Mamá Imelda
12. “Never name a street dog. They will follow you forever. Now, go get my shoe.” – Abuelita
13. “Music tore her family apart. Shoes brought them together.” – Miguel
14. “That is what families are supposed to do, support you. But you never will.” – Miguel
15. “Being a part of this family means you are here for this family.” – Abuelita
Coco Quotes That Are Packed With Insights
16. “Success doesn’t come for free. You have to do whatever it takes to seize your moment.” – Ernesto de la Cruz
17. “You don’t have to forgive him, but we shouldn’t forget him.” – Miguel
18. “The feeling, so close, you can reach out and touch it. I never knew I could want something so much, but it’s true.” – Ernesto de la Cruz
19. “But when we had Coco, there was something that mattered more than music. I wanted to put down roots. He wanted to play for the world. We each made a sacrifice to get what we wanted. Now, you must make a choice.” – Mamá Imelda
More Coco Quotes to Better Understand the Movie’s Plot
20. “You, my boy, are meant to be a musician.” – Ernesto de la Cruz
21. Clerk: “I am terribly allergic.”
Miguel: “But Dante doesn’t have any hair.”
Clerk: “And I don’t have a nose, and yet, here we are.”
22. “It has been an honor. I hope you die real soon.” – Héctor
23. “Oh, it’s you. You’re going to get me into trouble, Dante. Someone could hear me! I wish someone wanted to hear me, other than you.” – Miguel
24. “Héctor should be on our ofrenda. He’s part of our family.” – Miguel
25. “Remember me, though I have to say goodbye. Remember me, don’t let it make you cry. For even if I’m far away, I hold you in my heart. I sing a secret song to you each night.” – Héctor
Did This Collection Inspire You to Love, Dream, and Forgive?
We can’t deny that Coco is one of the most iconic movies of all time. The dialogue, plot, and scenes are perfect for any age. But, besides making us laugh, it teaches important life lessons.
In Miguel’s journey, we learn that family is everything. It’s a must to cherish each member while they are still alive, and we should also never forget them and their teachings when they pass away. It’ll never be too late if you keep an open mind and heart!
Another insight from Coco is how important it is to follow our dreams. Miguel’s dream went against his family’s beliefs, but that challenge did not hinder him from pursuing it. Instead, he tries to turn the situation around and show his family how important music is to him.
Lastly, the movie reminds us that forgiveness is the key to living life happily. Like Mamá Imelda, we won’t be able to love and accept our family fully if our hearts are filled with anger and hatred. We also can’t move forward toward our dreams if we keep holding on to past grudges.
These are just a few of the many lessons that are embedded in Coco! Remember, always love your family, pursue your dreams, and be willing to forgive! The next time you watch the movie, you better be prepared to find more meaningful morals to live by!