Let this list of work hard, play hard quotes make you realize that finding balance is key to achieving ultimate success!
Many believe overexertion is the only way to achieve their desired life. They work, work, and keep working because they think promotions and higher salaries are the only things that would make them feel content.
But, when they overwork themselves, they burn themselves out and forget to find time for their hobbies and passions.
Your world and life shouldn’t revolve just around work; you also need to enjoy every moment by playing hard! When you work hard and play hard, you will fuel your drive to achieve more in life.
The concept of working hard and playing hard is vital to living life with balance. If we live by this concept, we’ll be sure that we’ll never bun ourselves out.
Read these quotes we’ve gathered and be inspired to live a more balanced life!
Start reading here.
Best Work Hard, Play Hard Quotes
1. “Remember the motto—‘Work hard, play hard.’ Regard your personal time as just as important as your work time and give as much attention to planning it as you do to planning your work. What are you working for if you don’t have a personal life?” – Mark Forster
2. “The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.” – Simon Sinek
3. “Work hard. Have fun. Be nice. Play fair. Dream big. We only get one chance at this life. If you’re going to play this game, play it to win.” – Robert Herjavec
4. “When I work, I work with discipline. But when I play, I play hard and rough!” – Avijeet Das
5. “Study hard. Work hard. Play harder. Don’t be bound by rules. Don’t hurt anybody and never ever live somebody else’s dream.” – Shah Rukh Khan
6. “Work hard, play hard, dream big, love loads, laugh as much as you can, and give back.” – Deirdre O’Kane
7. “Many people know how to work hard. Many others know how to play well. But the rarest talent in the world is the ability to introduce elements of playfulness into work and to put some constructive labor into our leisure.” – Sydney J. Harris
8. “Together, they unlocked potential in one another. They worked hard and played harder until the work felt like play.” – Walidah Imarisha
9. “Everybody wants to be famous, but nobody wants to do the work. I live by that. You grind hard so you can play hard. At the end of the day, you put all the work in, and eventually, it’ll pay off. It could be in a year, it could be in 30 years. Eventually, your hard work will pay off.” – Kevin Hart
Work Hard, Play Hard Quotes for Your Motivation
10. “By working hard, you get to play hard guilt-free.” – Jim Rohn
11. “Work hard, play hard, enjoy every moment you’ve got, and remember that waking up every morning is a gift worth celebrating, so embrace the day with gratitude.” – Anonymous
12. “Play hard, work hard, love hard. The bottom line for me is to live life to the fullest in the here-and-now instead of a hoped-for hereafter. And make every day count in some meaningful way and do something, no matter how small it is, to make the world a better place.” – Michael Shermer
Work Hard, Play Hard Quotes That’ll Lead You to Success
13. “The world’s most successful entrepreneurs play hard, but they work even harder.” – Ben Parr
14. “I never do anything half-heartedly. I will continue to work hard and play hard and do everything I can to be successful, whatever I do.” – David Beckham
15. “Every job is good if you do your best and work hard. A man who works hard stinks only to the ones that have nothing to do but smell.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
16. “If you work hard every day and bust your tail on every play, eventually people will notice, and word will get around.” – Tommy John
Also read: Success Quotes
Work Hard, Play Hard Quotes That You Can Learn From
17. “Somebody said the key to life is to work hard, play hard, rest hard, and I’ve pretty much adopted that.” – James Patterson
18. “Life balance is a myth. It’s an illusion, and the very pursuit of it is driving us crazy. For me, it’s about proportion. It’s really a work hard, play hard equation.” – Danielle LaPorte
19. “As far back as I can remember, I am one of those guys that works hard and plays harder. I have to have both.” – Bret Michaels
20. “Surround yourself with people who take their work seriously, but not themselves, those who work hard and play hard.” – Colin Powell
21. “The old saying of work hard, play hard really works for me. For me, it’s all about focus.” – Danielle LaPorte
Bite-Size Work Hard, Play Hard Quotes That Can Impact Your Perspective
22. “Work hard now. Play harder later.” – Anonymous
23. “Think fast, move faster. Work hard, play harder.” – Anonymous
24. “All work and no play will make you sad and gray!” – Habeeb Akande
25. “It’s hard to play well, but it’s easy to work hard.” – Kevin Durant
26. “I work hard so I can play harder.” – Dean Winters
27. “Work hard, have fun, make history.” – Jeff Bezos
28. “Work like a captain. Play like a pirate.” – Anonymous
Work Hard, Play Hard Quotes That You Can Relate To
29. “I just show up to the yard, work hard, and play as hard as I can.” – Dustin Pedroia
30. “I wish I were brave, although I try. I work too hard and don’t play enough. Too much work ethic, not enough ‘fun.’” – Danielle Steel
31. “This wasn’t a man for frivolity. He was made for hard work, hard play, and heartache.” – Inez Kelley
32. “Men play harder than they work. Women work harder than they play.” – Mary Roberts Rinehart
33. “I work hard, and I play hard, too. There is nothing wrong with that.” – Vijay Mallya
34. “I work very hard, and I play very hard. I’m grateful for life. And I live it. I believe life loves the liver of it. I live it.” – Maya Angelou
More Quotes on Working Hard and Playing Hard
35. “I’ve always had a ‘work hard, play hard’ attitude to life. I still do. But sometimes you can get involved in something that needs a calm, methodical approach.” – Damian Lewis
36. “If a guy doesn’t work hard and doesn’t play well, he can’t lead anything. All he is, is a talker.” – John Madden
37. “I cannot face with comfort the idea of life without work. Work and the free play of the imagination are, for me, the same thing. I take no pleasure in anything else.” – Sigmund Freud
38. “Hard work brings prosperity. Playing around brings poverty.” – Proverbs 28:19
39. “I work hard, and I tend to play hard. I very seldom rest hard.” – Jacqueline Bisset
40. “I think that since I’ve had the baby, who’s almost two, it’s a work-hard-play-hard. I make a lot of lists. I’m very scheduled, which is hard sometimes, but it keeps me organized. I know, now I can play, or now I’ve got to work.” – Molly Sims
Did This Collection Lead You to Live a Balanced Life?
Working and playing hard are two different things. But, together, they make life more meaningful. If you only work hard without saving time for play and enjoyment, you’ll just be exhausted and lose the zest for life.
Stop thinking that work-life balance is a waste of time since you already have too much on your plate. Remember, when you give yourself a moment to feel happy and relaxed, you’ll be more productive and efficient in doing excellent work.
Of course, working hard is also necessary to achieve success. Although that’s the case, don’t fall into the mindset that life should only be focused on work. Give yourself time to achieve your personal goals, spend time with family and friends, and live your life to the fullest!
If you find it hard to establish balance and harmony between work and play, read this collection of quotes again. It’s all a matter of trial and error, but everything will be worth it in the end!