This collection of the best Yogi Berra quotes is a great way to start your day on a happy and positive note.
Many of us know Yogi Berra as one of the most famous baseball players who ever lived. Because of his many recognitions in the sport, he earned a spot in the Baseball Hall of Fame.
However, Yogi was not only famous for his contributions as one of the key players of the New York Yankees.
He was also loved and respected by family, friends, and the rest of the world because of what they call his “Yogi-isms.” These were a collection of his witty remarks on life, baseball, and everything in between.
So, if you’re curious about him, his career, and his thoughts on the world, then this collection is perfect for you.
Take note of your favorite sayings by one of America’s most celebrated baseball players!
Begin reading here.
Best Yogi Berra Quotes
1. “Nobody can be all smiley all the time, but having a good, positive attitude isn’t something to shrug off.”
2. “You can observe a lot by just watching.”
3. “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
4. “Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical.”
5. “It ain’t over till it’s over.”
6. “It gets late early out here.”
Famous Yogi Berra Quotes
7. “A nickel ain’t worth a dime anymore.”
8. “It’s like déjà vu all over again.”
9. “We made too many wrong mistakes.”
10. “The future ain’t what it used to be.”
11. “No one goes there nowadays, it’s too crowded.”
12. “That’s how I kept myself positive—by not getting all negative.”
Yogi Berra Quotes to Live By
13. “Always go to other people’s funerals. Otherwise, they won’t come to yours.”
14. “Never answer an anonymous letter.”
15. “Take it with a grin of salt.”
16. “Swing at the strikes.”
17. “If you can’t imitate him, don’t copy him.”
Yogi Berra Quotes About Life and Leadership
18. “You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going because you might not get there.”
19. “There are a lot of things in life you can’t control, but how you respond to things—that you can control.”
20. “Baseball is a game of confidence and overcoming failures and fears. That’s what life’s about too.”
21. “We’re lost, but we’re making good time.”
22. “It’s tough to make predictions, especially about the future.”
23. “If the world were perfect, it wouldn’t be.”
24. “No matter where you go, there you are.”
25. “I tell the kids, somebody’s gotta win, somebody’s gotta lose. Just don’t fight about it. Just try to get better.”
26. “If you ask me anything I don’t know, I’m not going to answer.”
Also read: Satchel Paige Quotes
Yogi Berra Quotes That Zoom in on Baseball
27. “The game is supposed to be fun. If you have a bad day, don’t worry about it. You can’t expect to get a hit every game.”
28. “In baseball, you don’t know nothing.”
29. “You don’t have to swing hard to hit a home run. If you got the timing, it’ll go.”
30. “What difference does a uniform make? You don’t hit with it.”
31. “If I didn’t make it in baseball, I won’t have made it workin’. I didn’t like to work.”
32. “I never blame myself when I’m not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn’t my fault that I’m not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?”
33. “I’m a lucky guy and I’m happy to be with the Yankees. And I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary.”
34. “Baseball’s different today, but it isn’t.”
35. “If the people don’t want to come out to the ballpark, nobody’s going to stop them.”
36. “But it don’t bother me. I never yet saw anybody hit the baseball with their face. Besides, I like to get kidded; that means they like me. When they stop kidding me, I’m in trouble.”
Short Yogi Berra Quotes to Keep In Mind
37. “Slump? I ain’t in no slump. I just ain’t hitting.”
38. “It ain’t the heat, it’s the humility.”
39. “The game is simple, but it’s never easy.”
40. “Why be jealous over things you don’t have?”
41. “Why buy good luggage? You only use it when you travel.”
42. “How can you think and hit at the same time?”
43. “All pitchers are liars or crybabies.”
44. “I never said most of the things I said.”
45. “We have a good time together, even when we’re not together.”
46. “Pitching always beats batting—and vice versa.”
Witty Yogi Berra Quotes for His Fans
47. “Congratulations. I knew the record would stand until it was broken.”
48. “It was impossible to get a conversation going—everybody was talking too much.”
49. “He hits from both sides of the plate. He’s amphibious.”
50. “You wouldn’t have won if we’d beaten you.”
51. “You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I’m not hungry enough to eat six.”
52. “My ambition is to hit .400 and talk 1.000.”
Yogi Berra Quotes That’ll Improve Your Mindset
53. “You have to give 100% in the first half of the game. If that isn’t enough, in the second half, you have to give what’s left.”
54. “I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early.”
55. “In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice, there is.”
56. “There are some people who, if they don’t already know, you can’t tell ’em.”
57. “I’m not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did.”
58. “To say that I don’t have any worries or nerves is the opposite of the truth. I worry about not being able to get around on the fastball anymore, I worry about getting hurt and having to quit playing before my time.”
59. “A lot of guys go, ‘Hey, Yog, say a Yogi-ism.’ I tell ’em, ‘I don’t know any.’ They want me to make one up. I don’t make ’em up. I don’t even know when I say it. They’re the truth. And it is the truth. I don’t know.”
60. “I wish everybody had the drive he had. He never did anything wrong on the field. I’d never seen him dive for a ball, everything was a chest-high catch, and he never walked off the field.”
Did These Yogi Berra Quotes Make You View Life From a Lighter Perspective?
The ugly and dark sides of society make it hard for us to view life positively. Having people around us who try to bring us down doesn’t make it any easier for us to be carefree and happy in life. But, Yogi Berra remained positive, hopeful, and cheerful through all of that.
In a way, his demeanor helped inspire people across the globe to do the same. Though it all seemed natural to him, his witty lines and funny quips about life and baseball played a significant role in making other peoples’ days brighter and more bearable.
Through his “Yogi-isms” and baseball, he gave the world entertainment and a rope of hope to hold on to. So, read this list of Yogi Berra quotes whenever you need a boost. We’re sure it’ll help you take on whatever life throws at you!
What’s your favorite Yogi Berra quote? What other lessons did you learn from this collection? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.