If you love fairy tales with happy endings, then you’ll enjoy this list of A Cinderella Story quotes!
A Cinderella Story takes a more modern approach to our favorite Disney animated movie, Cinderella. Though it’s not made up of castles, princes, and talking animals, this movie is certainly more relatable.
Sam, an orphaned girl, lives with her stepmother, Fiona, and two stepsisters. Together, they manage her late dad’s diner. However, she’s enslaved by Fiona and poorly treated by her two stepsisters; she’s also become an outcast in her school.
However, she meets Austin, falls in love, and learns more about herself and her rights. At the end of the movie, like in Cinderella, she lived happily ever after! She also learned not to depend on others; instead, she took everything into her own hands and fought for her happiness herself!
Read through the collection to gain meaningful wisdom from Sam’s experiences. Also, if you’re a fan, we’re sure you’ll enjoy every line we’ve included in the list!
Travel back to this hit movie and read through the quotes below.
And don’t forget to check out these Love Don’t Cost a Thing quotes and Never Been Kissed quotes.
Best A Cinderella Story Quotes
1. “I know that guy that sent those emails is somewhere inside of you, but I can’t wait for him because waiting for you is like waiting for rain in this drought. Useless and disappointing.” – Sam Montgomery
2. “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” – Hal Montgomery
3. Austin Ames: “I’m outta here.”
Andy Ames: “What! You’re throwing away your dream!”
Austin Ames: “No, Dad. I’m throwing away yours.”
4. “I live in a world full of people pretending to be something they’re not. But when I talk to you, I’m the guy I wanna be.” – Austin Ames
5. “Anything is possible if you just believe.” – Carter Farrell
6. “There’s something I’ve always wanted to tell you, and I think you’re ready to hear it. You’re not very pretty, and you’re not very bright. Oh, I’m so glad we had that talk.” – Fiona
7. Fiona: “No, honey, leave those on! The lawn’s looking a little brown.”
Sam Montgomery: “You know we’re supposed to be conserving water! We’re in the middle of a drought!”
Fiona: “Droughts are for poor people. You think J-Lo has a brown lawn? People who use extra water have extra class.”
A Cinderella Story Quotes That Are Simply Hilarious
8. Fiona: “Where are your skates? They’re part of the uniform.”
Rhonda: “Fiona, if I wanted to look like a clown, I’d join the circus.”
Fiona: “If you were part of my circus, I’d have you wiping the elephant butts with a wet one.”
9. “A devastating blow! A worthy opponent.” – Terry
10. Sam Montgomery: “Carter, what are you wearing?”
Carter Farrell: “This is my Snoop Dizzle look!”
11. “You stop that right now. You’re a bad boy, and that is a terrible shirt!” – Mrs. Wells
12. Austin Ames: “Ladies, ladies, I can settle this, alright? The girl that I met at the dance, she dropped something on her way out. What was it?”
Gabriella: “Oh that’s easy! A wallet!”
Austin Ames: “No.”
Gabriella: “I mean a wallet-purse.”
Austin Ames: “No.”
Brianna: “Oh, a fish!”
A Cinderella Story Quotes That’ll Take You Back to the Movie
13. “Oh, Sam, I’m heartbroken. Life can be so unfair. Well, just look at the bright side: you have a job at the diner for the rest of your life. You want a cookie?” – Fiona
14. “People go to school to get smarter so that they can get a job. You already have a job, so it’s like skipping a step.” – Fiona
15. “Oh, come on, no. Not my face. It’s much newer than the girls. Go for the girls!” – Fiona
16. “Alright. Well, I’m going off to get some more lipo. Come on, girls.” – Fiona
17. Austin Ames: “You need a wax.”
Sam Montgomery: “Excuse me?”
Austin Ames: “I meant the car.”
A Cinderella Story Quotes to Make You Reflect on Love and Relationships
18. Austin Ames: “Sam! Okay, I know you think that I’m just some—.”
Sam Montgomery: “Coward? Phony?”
Austin Ames: “Okay, just listen.”
Sam Montgomery: “No, you listen. You turned out to be exactly who I thought you were. I never pretended to be somebody else. It’s been me all along. And it was me who was hurt in front of everybody. Look, I didn’t come here to yell at you, okay? I came to tell you that I know what it feels like to be afraid to show who you are. I was, but I’m not anymore. And the thing is, I really don’t care what people think about me because I believe in myself. And I know that things are gonna be okay. But even though I have no family, no job, and no money for college. It’s you that I feel sorry for.”
19. “Sometimes, fantasies are better than reality.” – Sam Montgomery
20. “Maybe this whole relationship is just better off in cyberspace.” – Sam Montgomery
21. “I can be surrounded by a sea of people and still feel all alone. Then I think of you.” – Austin Ames
22. Austin Ames: “Do you believe in love at first sight?”
Sam Montgomery: “I’ll let you know.”
23. Sam Montgomery: “Don’t you know who I am?”
Austin Ames: “Of course I do. You’re Princeton Girl. You’re the girl I’ve been waiting to meet. I know exactly who you are! What’s your name?”
24. Sam Montgomery: “Austin? What are you doing?”
Austin Ames: “Something I should have done a long time ago. Sorry I waited for the rain.”
Sam Montgomery: “It’s okay.”
25. Sam Montgomery: “I’m late.”
Austin Ames: “For what?”
Sam Montgomery: “Reality.”
More A Cinderella Story Quotes for Those Who Love Happy Endings
26. “You heard me. I quit. I quit this job, I quit your family, and I’m moving out!” – Sam Montgomery
27. “Once upon a time, in a faraway kingdom, lived a beautiful little girl and her widowed father.” – Sam Montgomery
28. “And lived happily ever after. At least for now. Hey, I’m only a freshman!” – Sam Montgomery
29. Fiona: “You can’t just walk out on me.”
Sam Montgomery: “You know what, Fiona? You can mess with your hair and your nose and your face, and can even mess with my dad’s diner, but you’re through messing with me!”
30. “My dad’s diner has been restored to its former glory. And my stepmom made a deal with the DA. She’s working off her debt to society, at Hal’s, under the watchful eye of my new partner. And my stepsisters? They finally put their teamwork to good use.” – Sam Montgomery
Do You Believe You’ll Have Your Fairy Tale Ending Someday?
This world presents us with so many challenges that we can’t help but feel defeated. It’s even worse in Sam’s case, as she already has no one left to turn to; her stepmother and stepsisters don’t treat her well, and her mom and dad have already passed away. If you’re in the same situation, we feel your pain.
We understand that you might feel like there’s no way out and there’s no hope. However, keep holding on. In time, you’ll realize that all the strength you need to fight lies within you.
Just remain kind, hopeful, and determined. Regardless of how many more challenges life throws, remember that you can conquer them. Your happiness doesn’t lie in others’ hands, not even your special someone; it lies in you.
Let Sam’s experiences in A Cinderella Story guide you in life. It won’t be easy to navigate life’s winding roads, but remain hopeful! You’ll find your happy ending; we’re sure of that!