We’ve gathered the top 50 Scooby-Doo quotes that will teach you about teamwork, adventure, and being your true self!
Scooby-Doo is an American animated series that debuted in 1969. Because it’s been such a great hit, many movies have also been released under the same franchise.
It’s a story of four friends and their trusted dog bounding across town in their van, solving mysteries of all kinds. Each mystery they encounter is exciting, unique, and fun. But, most importantly, it makes them work together to prevent villains from wreaking havoc on the world.
If you grew up in the ‘90s, we’re sure you’re familiar with Scooby-Doo and his gang of teen detectives. So, here are some of the most memorable quotes from the animated series to the live-action movies that we’ve collected just for you!
Start reading here.
Best Scooby-Doo Quotes
1. “Looks like we’ve got another mystery on our hands.” – Fred Jones
2. “No, Scoob. Friends don’t quit.” – Shaggy Rogers
3. “Fear doesn’t make you a wimp—it makes you human.” – Fred Jones
4. “There’s a very logical explanation for all this.” – Velma Dinkley
5. “Jeez, Scrappy, no need to freak out and try killing all of humanity.” – Shaggy Rogers
Famous Scooby-Doo Quotes
6. “Okay, but I need a moment to warm up. Now, I must be absolutely quiet while I work.” – Shaggy Rogers
7. “We discovered the mastermind is Scrappy, who sadly was taken by evil.” – Velma Dinkley
8. “In a case like this, Shag and Scoob did exactly the right thing. Let’s scream!” – Fred Jones
9. “Zoinks! It’s the creepy coin collector again!” – Shaggy Rogers
10. “Yeah, but, how do we know the phantom will ever chase Scooby-Doo? He’s a dog.” – Shaggy Rogers
Scooby-Doo Quotes From Shaggy
11. “Hey, you guys, look, I know I’m just the dude that carries the bags. But it seems to me we all play an important part in this group. I mean, we’re just like a big, delicious banana split. Fred, you’re the big banana. Daphne, you’re the pastrami and bubble gum flavored ice cream, and Velma, you’re the sweet and sour mustard sauce that goes on top.” – Shaggy Rogers
12. “Hey yeah, ghosts like chains, and what else? Oh yeah, some ashes from the stove, you know this could be really good? What else do pirates like?” – Shaggy Rogers
13. “I’m whipped? Oh, yeah? Why don’t you say that to my face, man!” – Shaggy Rogers
14. “I can already taste those chocolate-covered hot dogs.” – Shaggy Rogers
15. “Well, whaddya know? A ham sandwich. Wouldn’t you know, it needs some mustard.” – Shaggy Rogers
16. “Some fishing trip this turned out to be. Like not even a nibble.” – Shaggy Rogers
17. “This day is tied for the most terrifying day of my life—with every other freaking day of my life.” – Shaggy Rogers
18. “Great, but next time please don’t do me any favors.” – Shaggy Rogers
19. “Like, Scoob and I don’t do castles. Because castles have paintings with eyes that watch you, Suits of Armor you think’s a statue, but there’s a guy inside who follows you every time you turn around.” – Shaggy Rogers
20. “Scooby, like wow! Too late! He’s gone to that great boneyard in the sky!” – Shaggy Rogers
Scooby-Doo Quotes From Velma
21. “It’s very simple. When the barometric pressure dropped and the warm offshore air came in contact with an inland cold front we ran into some unnavigable nucleation.” – Velma Dinkley
22. “But don’t worry, I got a hot idea!” – Velma Dinkley
23. “Mystery is my mistress. I must heed her sweet call.” – Velma Dinkley
24. “That’s one fish story no one will believe.” – Velma Dinkley
25. “Which part, the rampant commercialism or the pressure to identify oneself in the context of a socially acceptable couple?” – Velma Dinkley
Scooby-Doo Quotes From Daphne
26. “Would you do it for a Scooby Snack?” – Daphne Blake
27. “I am so over this damsel in distress nonsense.” – Daphne Blake
28. “Ooh, wow! They sure picked a creepy enough place to read a will.” – Daphne Blake
29. “Negativity is mind pollution!” – Daphne Blake
30. “Wow, he could still scare me, Professor.” – Daphne Blake
Scooby-Doo Quotes From Fred
31. “Come on, let’s get out of here while we still can!” – Fred Jones
32. “Hey, I am a man of substance. Dorky chicks like you turn me on, too.” – Fred Jones
33. “Four missing heirs, a haunted house, and a Phantom Shadow.” – Fred Jones
34. “I have to laugh at myself. Those two chickens tricked us!” – Fred Jones
35. “Well, we saw a very strange character running around out there.” – Fred Jones
Funny Scooby-Doo Quotes
36. Scooby-Doo: “Okay, I will. Your mother eats cat poop!”
Shaggy Rogers: “No, Scooby-Doo, your mom eats cat poop!”
37. “Shaggy, sometimes I think you’d rather eat pizza pie than solve a mystery.” – Daphne Blake
38. “Well, that’s the first wind I ever heard with a sense of humor.” – Shaggy Rogers
39. “Danger-prone Daphne did it again.” – Fred Jones
40. “Here, double ugly, go buy yourself a new face.” – Shaggy Rogers
41. “Huh? Scooby, I always knew you were a little batty!” – Shaggy Rogers
42. “I’m so scared! I wish I had a ham sandwich to calm my nerves!” – Shaggy Rogers
43. “That’s funny. He doesn’t look a day over 2000 to me.” – Shaggy Rogers
44. Shaggy Rogers: “What do you care? You drink out of the toilet.”
Scooby-Doo: “So do you.”
More Scooby-Doo Quotes That You’ll Love
45. Shaggy Rogers: “That’s right. And who’s my best buddy in the whole wide world?”
Scooby-Doo: “Rooby Doo.”
46. “All you care about are swimsuit models.” – Velma Dinkley
47. “Watch the pretty coin of gold, and you will do as you are told. You are brave, and that’s a fact. You will do the high wire act.” – Ghost Clown
48. “Creeps and Crawls! They sure picked the right lawyers for this job.” – Shaggy Rogers
49. “How do you like that? Outfoxed by a mouse!” – Shaggy Rogers
50. “And I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren’t for you meddling kids!” – Various Villains
How Did Scooby-Doo and His Friends Influence Your Worldview Growing Up?
If you’re a ’90s kid, then we’re sure you’ve watched at least a couple of episodes and movies of Scooby-Doo. Each character is unique, so we’re sure you’ll find at least one you can relate to!
Scooby-Doo never failed to entertain and intrigue us. But, aside from that, it also taught us many positive values kids and adults can learn from. From the very beginning, it set the tone and themes that revolved around friendship, cooperation, mutual trust, and more.
Through Scooby-Doo, we learn that we can always rely on our friends. Even when you’re faced with difficult situations, stay strong and solid. With your friends, we’re sure your problems will get resolved soon!
Do you have any additional quotes to share? Leave them in the comments section down below.