These Casino quotes will take you back to one of Scorsese’s best works!
Casino is a movie based on Nicholas Pileggi’s book and stars Robert De Niro, Joe Pesci, and more. Just being one of Scorsese’s works is enough to shoot it to fame, but coupled with these actors, Casino became one of the most celebrated movies to this day.
It’s of your typical crime genre, but it gives us a whole new perspective on mobs and gambling. Most characters, especially Ace, say profound lines that make you rethink your views on loyalty and trust.
In gambling and mobs, these are hard to come by. So, if you’re curious about how these topics were embedded in the movie, read on. We have the best Casino quotes lined up for you.
Best Casino Quotes
1. “Running a casino is like robbing a bank with no cops around. For guys like me, Las Vegas washes away your sins. It’s like a morality car wash.” – Ace Rothstein
2. “In Vegas, everybody’s gotta watch everybody else. Since the players are looking to beat the casino, the dealers are watching the players. The box men are watching the dealers. The floor men are watching the box men. The pit bosses are watching the floor men. The shift bosses are watching the pit bosses. The casino manager is watching the shift bosses. I’m watching the casino manager. And the eye-in-the-sky is watching us all.” – Ace Rothstein
3. “When you love someone, you’ve gotta trust them. There’s no other way. You’ve got to give them the key to everything that’s yours. Otherwise, what’s the point? And for a while, I believed that was the kind of love I had.” – Ace Rothstein
4. “Today, it looks like Disneyland. And, while the kids play cardboard pirates, Mommy and Daddy drop the house payments and junior’s college money on the poker slots.” – Ace Rothstein
5. “That’s the truth about Las Vegas. We’re the only winners. The players don’t stand a chance.” – Ace Rothstein
6. “She knew how to take care of people, and that’s what Vegas is all about. It’s kickback city.” – Ace Rothstein
7. “Listen to me very carefully. There are three ways of doing things around here: the right way, the wrong way, and the way that I do it. You understand?” – Ace Rothstein
8. “At night, you couldn’t see the desert that surrounds Las Vegas. But it’s in the desert where lots of the town’s problems are solved.” – Ace Rothstein
9. “This is the end result of all the bright lights and the comp trips, of all the champagne and free hotel suites and all the broads and all the booze. It’s all been arranged just for us to get your money.” – Ace Rothstein
10. “Back home, they would have put me in jail for what I’m doing, but out here, they’re giving me awards.” – Ace Rothstein
Thrilling Casino Quotes to Revisit
11. “In the casino, the cardinal rule is to keep them playing and to keep them coming back. The longer they play, the more they lose, and in the end, we get it all.” – Ace Rothstein
12. “Downstairs he takes us for two million dollars, and upstairs he takes free soap, shampoo, and towels.” – Ace Rothstein
13. “I’m not only legitimate but running a casino, and that’s like selling people dreams for cash.” – Ace Rothstein
14. “While I was trying to figure out why the guy was saying what he was saying, Nicky just hit him.” – Ace Rothstein
15. “Now, notice how, in the count room, nobody ever seems to see anything. Somehow, somebody’s always lookin’ the other way. Now, look at these guys. They look busy, right? They’re countin’ money. Who wants to bother them? I mean, God forbid they should make a mistake and forget to steal.” – Nicky Santoro
16. “In the old days, dealers knew your name, what you drank, what you played. Today, it’s like checking into an airport and, if you order room service, you’re lucky if you get it by Thursday.” – Ace Rothstein
17. “It just didn’t sink into his head what the Black Book was and what it meant. Being banned from every casino is just one thing but being in this book gets you into the brains of every cop and FBI agent in the state. I mean, you’re listed in there with Al Capone, but Nicky didn’t care.” – Ace Rothstein
18. “No matter how big a guy might be, Nicky would take him on. You beat Nicky with fists, he comes back with a bat. You beat him with a knife, he comes back with a gun. And if you beat him with a gun, you better kill him, because he’ll keep comin’ back and back until one of you is dead.” – Ace Rothstein
19. Ace Rothstein: “I tried to do everything I could for you, even though I knew, deep down inside, you would bury me.”
Nicky Santoro: “I bury you? You buried yourself.”
Casino Quotes That Will Blow Your Mind
20. “It should have been perfect. I mean he had me, Nicky Santoro, his best friend watching his *ss. And he had Ginger, the woman he loved, on his arm. But in the end, we f*cked it all up. It should have been so sweet, too. But it turned out to be the last time that street guys like us were ever given anything that f*ckin’ valuable again.” – Nicky Santoro
21. “A lot of holes in the desert, and a lot of problems are buried in those holes. But you gotta do it right. I mean, you gotta have the hole already dug before you show up with a package in the trunk. Otherwise, you’re talking about a half-hour to 45 minutes worth of digging. And who knows who’s gonna come along in that time? Pretty soon, you gotta dig a few more holes. You could be there all f*ckin’ night.” – Nicky Santoro
22. Nicky Santoro: “Where the f*ck do you get off talking to people about me behind my back, going over my head?”
Ace Rothstein: “What people?”
Nicky Santoro: “What people, d’ya think I wasn’t gonna find out?”
Ace Rothstein: “I don’t even know what you’re talking about, Nick.”
Nicky Santoro: “No? You said I’m bringing the heat on you? I gotta listen to people because of your f*ckin sh*t? You’re ordering me out? You better get your own f*ckin army, pal!”
Ace Rothstein: “I didn’t do anything. I mean, I didn’t order you or anybody. I only told Andy Stone that you had a lot of heat on you, and that was a problem.”
Nicky Santoro: “You want me to get out of my own f*cking town?”
Ace Rothstein: “Yeah, I said l—let the bullshit blow over for a while, so I can run the casino. Anything goes wrong with the casino, it’s my *ss, it’s not yours, it’s my *ss!”
Nicky Santoro: “Oh, I don’t know whether you know this or not, but you only have your f*cking casino because I made that possible. I’m what counts out here, not your f*cking country clubs or your f*cking TV shows! And what the f*ck are you doing on TV anyhow? You know I get calls from back home every f*ckin day; they think you went bat sh*t.”
23. Ace Rothstein: “So you’re a righty?”
Ace Rothstein: “Now you’re gonna have to learn with your left hand.”
24. “I’m looking at you right now. I’m seeing you for the very first time right this minute. I’m seeing you, and I can feel my heart click. I see you, 14 years old. I see the first second I ever saw you. I see you, long-legged little colt, stupid braces on your teeth. Every time I ever see you, that’s what I see.” – Lester Diamond
25. “The little guy. He wouldn’t be f*cking the Jew’s wife, would he?” – Remo Gaggi
What’s the First Thing That Comes to Mind When You Think of Casinos?
Whenever someone says anything about gambling or casinos, we’d bet one of the top things that come to mind is Las Vegas. It’s the city of sin and the setting of Scorsese’s Casino. Las Vegas is all about the glitz, glam, and everything extravagant.
However, everyone who has watched Casino knows that behind all the gold are deceit and disloyalty. Step into Ace’s shoes; you’ll never know who’s approaching you for their benefit. Most of your interactions with someone would feel like you’re blindfolded and never really know what you’re jumping into.
This is something we can all see in real life, too. Often, we don’t know who will support us through thick and thin; sometimes, even our best friends leave when the going gets rough. Yet, no matter how painful it is to get deceived, we continue trusting that the people we surround ourselves with will still be there.
There’s only one explanation for this: life will have no purpose if we just live for ourselves. Life, after all, is all about the adventures and misadventures we’ll have with others. Moreover, every person we encounter—good or bad—is there to teach us something.
This doesn’t mean we should accept the pain others inflict on us. Instead, we should remain steadfast and strong and mold ourselves to discern the kind of person we can trust. Learn from Ace and the movie, and revisit this list whenever you need advice!