These Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs quotes are perfect for everyone who loves anything related to science, inventions, and more!
If you’re looking for a family-friendly movie to watch every weekend, you better make Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs part of your family tradition. It’s a 2009 animated movie about Flint Lockwood, an aspiring inventor.
Flint constantly invents all sorts of stuff, and after many failures, one of his products finally works! He develops a machine that converts water to food. However, everything goes awry when his invention starts to create food storms!
A novel by Judi and Ron Barrett inspired this one-of-a-kind storyline. Indeed, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs is something you shouldn’t miss because, aside from teaching you not to give up, it also allows for self-acceptance.
Check the list to learn more about the movie!
And make sure to read these Chicken Run quotes and Ice Age quotes.
Best Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Quotes
1. “I wanted to run away that day, but you can’t run away from your own feet.” – Flint Lockwood
2. “Have you ever felt like you were a little bit different? Like you had something unique to offer the world if you could just get people to see it? Then you know exactly how it felt to be me.” – Flint Lockwood
3. “Come on, Steve. We’ve got a diem to carpe!” – Flint Lockwood
4. Tim Lockwood: “Not every sardine was meant to swim, son.”
Flint Lockwood: “I don’t understand fishing metaphors!”
5. Sam Sparks: “That’s peanut brittle. If either of us touches it, we’ll go into anaphylactic shock.”
Flint Lockwood: “Actually, I’m not allergic to peanuts. I might have said that to get you to like me.”
Sam Sparks: “And you thought having a food allergy would make you more attractive?”
6. Earl Devereaux: “You see this contact lens?”
Flint Lockwood: “Yeah?”
Earl Devereaux: “This contact lens represents you! And my eye represents my eye! I’ve got my eye on you!”
7. “It’s a solid, it’s a liquid, it’s a viscoelastic polymer made out of polypeptide chains, but you eat it! I mean, it tastes good!” – Sam Sparks
8. “You may have seen a meteor shower, but I bet you’ve never seen a shower ‘meatier’ than this.” – Sam Sparks
9. Flint Lockwood: “So, where were we?”
Sam Sparks: “You were about to kiss me.”
Flint Lockwood: “Were you going to kiss me back?”
Sam Sparks: “Why don’t you find out?”
Flint Lockwood: “I don’t know, because I don’t want to get shot down again, you know—.”
Sam Sparks: “Just kiss me!”
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Quotes That’ll Transport You to Swallow Falls
10. Manny: “You are going to need a co-pilot.”
Sam Sparks: “You are a pilot, too?”
Manny: “Yes. I am also a particle physicist.”
Sam Sparks: “Really?”
Manny: “No, that was a joke. I am also a comedian.”
11. Sam Sparks: “Come with us, Flint. We’ll live underground, and use bacon for clothes.”
Flint Lockwood: “That’s not a very good plan, Sam.”
12. Flint Lockwood: “I’ve never actually been in a snowball fight.”
Sam Sparks: “Really?”
Flint Lockwood: “I don’t even know the rules. Is there like a point system, or is it to the death?”
13. “The world needs your originality, Flint. You just have to grow into it. And I know that you’re gonna do big things someday.” – Fran Lockwood
14. Flint Lockwood: “Steve, my best friend, and trusted colleague!”
Flint Lockwood: “Can I count on your help?”
Flint Lockwood: “I knew I could.”
15. “My dream was to help my hometown, a small island hidden under the A in the Atlantic, called Swallow Falls. We were one of the leading exporters of sardines, until the day Baby Brent Sardine cannery closed when everyone realized that sardines are super gross. So everyone was stuck eating all the sardines that nobody wanted. Frozen, boiled, dried, fried, candied, and juiced. Life was gray and flavorless, but when things seemed hopeless, I stared down at defeat and found hope.” – Flint Lockwood
Iconic Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Quotes to Save in Your Memory
16. “It’s okay, it’s just pain.” – Flint Lockwood
17. “You get one chance at the show, and if you don’t make it, it’s back to cleaning the barometers.” – Sam Sparks
18. “Well, those cheeseburgers were only the beginning because a breakfast system is on its way to Swallow Falls. My forecast? Sunny side up!” – Sam Sparks
19. “When it rains, you put on a coat.” – Tim Lockwood
20. Tim Lockwood: “I’m proud of you, Flint. I’m amazed that someone as ordinary as me could be the father of someone as extraordinary as you. You’re talented, you’re a total original, and your lab is breathtaking. Your mom, she, uh, always knew you were going to be special. And if she were alive today, she’d tell us both, ‘I told you so.’ Now, uh, look, when I take this thing off, and you hear me make a fishing metaphor, just know that fishing metaphor means I love my son.”
Flint Lockwood: “I love you too, Dad.”
21. Tim Lockwood: “Can you look me in the eye and tell me you’ve got this under control and it’s not gonna end up in a disaster?”
Flint Lockwood: “Yes. I’ve got this under control, and it’s not gonna end up in a disaster!”
22. “I’m as mad at Flint as you are. In fact, the minute he steps out of that car, I’m gonna slap him in the face! I know he made the food, but that food was made to order, and now it’s time for all of us to pay the bill.” – Earl Devereaux
23. “My chest hairs are tingling! Something’s wrong.” – Earl Devereaux
24. “For the first time in my life, everybody loves something that I’ve done. Why can’t you just be happy for me and go say the weather or something? Jeez.” – Flint Lockwood
25. Flint Lockwood: “What do you guys want for breakfast?”
Steve: “Gummy bears!”
Flint Lockwood: “Whoa, Steve, no. We both know how you get around gummy bears.”
Sam Sparks: “How about, eggs?”
Flint Lockwood: “And toast?”
Sam Sparks: “Orange toast?”
Flint Lockwood and Sam Sparks: “And bacon!”
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs Quotes for a Peek Into the Novel
26. “Whatever the weather served, that was what they ate.” – Judi Barrett, Author
27. “The only thing different about Chewandswallow was its weather. It came three times a day, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Everything that everyone ate came from the sky.” – Judi Barrett, Author
28. “The sky supplied all the food they could possibly want.” – Judi Barrett, Author
29. “By the time they woke up in the morning, breakfast was coming down. After a brief shower of orange juice, low clouds of sunny-side eggs moved in, followed by pieces of toast. Butter and jelly sprinkled down for the toast. And most of the time, it rained milk afterward.” – Judi Barrett, Author
30. “The people could watch the weather report on television in the morning, and they would even hear a prediction for the next day’s food.” – Judi Barrett, Author
Did Flint Lockwood’s Failures and Successes Encourage You to Keep Going?
In Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, we see how determined Flint is to succeed and create an incredible and life-changing invention. However, no matter how much he worked, his life seemed full of failed attempts. Though that’s the case, he never gave up; Flint just worked harder than ever.
His life before the success of the machine is something we can all relate to. The process of reaching our goals, after all, is tedious and complicated, and it will test your patience. But, no matter how many detours you take, if you keep on going, rest assured that you’ll meet your goal.
At the end of all our hardships, something incredible awaits us. So, like Flint, never stop. Keep moving forward, take one more step, and never allow anyone to dictate what you should and shouldn’t do.
Accept all of who you are because that will bring you closer to your dreams. If Flint didn’t persevere, and if he didn’t have confidence in himself, then nothing would work out for him. Although it will feel like there’s no way to succeed, just believe in yourself.
Like Flint, someday, all your dreams will come true! Pursue your goals, love who you are, and acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses.