Start your journey of growth and self-confidence by reading these compare yourself to others quotes.
Comparing ourselves to others is a normal part of being human. It is a natural cognitive process for us to evaluate ourselves and work toward what we need to improve.
However, we must know that making comparisons can lead to harm. It can especially have adverse effects on individuals with low self-esteem.
Instead of being inspired by the success of others, they only think about their flaws and shortcomings.
So, if you want to break the habit of comparing yourself to others, let these quotes help you!
Improve your mindset and widen your perspective by reading our complete collection below.
Let’s get started.
And make sure to check out these be true to yourself quotes and authenticity quotes.
Best Compare Yourself to Others Quotes
1. “Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world. If you do so, you are insulting yourself.” – Bill Gates
2. “Always be a first-rate version of yourself and not a second-rate version of someone else.” – Judy Garland
3. “A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it. It just blooms.” – Zen Shin
4. “Other people’s lives seem better than yours because you’re comparing their director’s cuts with your behind the scenes.” – Evan Rauch
5. “Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” – Oscar Wilde
6. “To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight, and never stop fighting.” – E. E. Cummings
7. “Comparison with myself brings improvement, comparison with others brings discontent.” – Betty Jamie Chung
8. “Dear you, don’t compare yourself to anyone. Your unique self is empowered, powerful, and unstoppable! Your uniqueness is what makes you incomparable! Don’t underestimate the beauty of just being you.” – Stephanie Lahart
9. “Don’t compare your life with others. There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time.” – Anonymous
10. “Don’t compare your beginning to someone else’s middle, or your middle to someone else’s end. Don’t compare the start of your second quarter of life to someone else’s third quarter.” – Tim Hiller
11. “Comparison is a waste of energy. Every individual is unique with unique talents. Find your passion and live your best life.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
12. “Whatever your passion is, keep doing it. Don’t waste time chasing after success or comparing yourself to others. Every flower blooms at a different pace.” – Suzy Kassem
13. “If you pay attention to your ranking and comparison to others, you are competing with others. If you ignore them, you can aim for the stars.” – Khang Kijarro Nguyen
14. “Stop thinking you’re doing it all wrong. Your path doesn’t look like anybody else’s because it can’t, it shouldn’t, and it won’t.” – Eleanor Brown
Compare Yourself to Others Quotes to Live By
15. “Learn not to compare yourself to other people because comparison will clip your wings and shoot you down.” – Eugenia Herlihy
16. “Don’t compare yourself to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.” – Regina Brett
17. “Try not to get lost in comparing yourself to others. Discover your gifts and let them shine!” – Jennie Finch
18. “Don’t compare yourself with other people. Compare yourself with who you were yesterday.” – Jordan Peterson
19. “Be confident. Too many days are wasted comparing ourselves to others and wishing to be something we aren’t. Everybody has their own strengths and weaknesses, and it is only when you accept everything you are and aren’t that you will truly succeed.” – Anonymous
20. “I cannot say this too strongly, do not compare yourselves to others. Be true to who you are, and continue to learn with all your might.” – Daisaku Ikeda
21. “Make certain that your goals are not measured in comparison with others.” – Denis Waitley
22. “Our time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
23. “Don’t let others box you into their idea of what they think you should be. A confined identity is a miserable way to exist. Be you and live free. Trust that in living true to yourself, you will attract people that support and love you, just as you are.” – Jaeda DeWalt
24. “There is no need for comparison. Be happy with yourself and find satisfaction in your work.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
25. “Forget about trying to compete with someone else. Create your own pathway. Create your own new vision.” – Herbie Hancock
26. “Do not compete with anyone. Seek to exceed your own expectations.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
Also read: Forgive Yourself Quotes, Know Yourself Quotes
Never Compare Yourself to Others Quotes
27. “Do yourself a favor. Never compare yourself to others because comparison swallows your God-given gift.” – Euginia Herlihy
28. “Never compare your journey with someone else’s. Your journey is your journey, not a competition.” – Anonymous
29. “Never stretch your neck to see who is not doing it big. Look into your bosom, and realize that you can do it bigger! Go, create a brighter picture!” – Israelmore Ayivor
Wise Compare Yourself to Others Quotes for Everyone Who Needs Support
30. “Why compare yourself to others? No one in the entire world can do a better job of being you than you.” – Anonymous
31. “You don’t have to live up to anyone else’s standards, you don’t have to look like anyone else, you don’t have to compare yourself to anyone else.” – Lizzie Velasquez
32. “Two humans are completely different from each other. Comparing them is like insulting nature.” – Nitin Namdeo
33. “When you compare someone’s highlight reel to your blooper outtakes, and it makes you feel worse, you’re on the wrong path. Stop comparing. No one compares to you.” – Richie Norton
Compare Yourself to Others Quotes to Help You Build Your Self-Worth
34. “Don’t value your self-worth by others or external things but by appreciating who you are within. And if you must measure your success, do it not by what you have gained personally but what you have contributed to a wider benefit.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
35. “Don’t dilute yourself for any person or any reason. You are enough! Be unapologetically you.” – Steve Maraboli
36. “When you feel insecure or like you don’t measure up, remind yourself of how far you’ve come. And at that moment, you’ll realize you’ve climbed mountains and can overcome anything.” – Brittany Burgunder
37. “No more excuses. No more self-sabotage. No more self-pity. No more comparing yourself to others. Time to step up. Take action right now and start living your life with purpose.” – Anthon St. Maarten
Also read: Invest in Yourself Quotes, Self-Love Quotes
Short Compare Yourself to Others Quotes That You Should Always Remember
38. “Look in the mirror rather than at your neighbor.” – Frank Sonnenberg
39. “Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another.” – Marquis de Condorcet
40. “Don’t compare your weaknesses to someone else’s strengths.” – Anonymous
41. “Uniqueness lies in not comparing oneself to others.” – Raheel Farooq
42. “Trying to be someone else is a waste of the person you are.” – Marilyn Monroe
43. “Don’t compare yourself to others. That’s a battle you can never win.” – Michelle Parsons
44. “Comparison takes away your delight and brings suffering in return.” – Nitin Namdeo
45. “The tip of the neighbor’s iceberg often looks very nice.” – Roy A. Ngansop
46. “Compare yourself to others for inspiration, not competition.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
47. “Comparing your bad with their good doesn’t make any sense.” – Nitin Namdeo
Compare Yourself to Others Quotes to Learn About the Disadvantages of Envy
48. “Comparing yourself with others is one of the highest forms of self-destruction, and people who love themselves don’t destroy themselves.” – Sarvesh Jain
49. “Comparing yourself does more damage than any other self-destructive habit.” – Sarvesh Jain
50. “Comparison is the root of all feelings of inferiority. The moment you begin examining other people’s strengths against your most obvious weaknesses, your self-esteem starts to crumble!” – James Dobson
51. “I generally find that comparison is the fast track to unhappiness. No one ever compares themselves to someone else and comes out even. Nine times out of ten, we compare ourselves to people who are somehow better than us and end up feeling more inadequate.” – Jack Canfield
52. “The problem with comparison is that you always feel either better than someone else or worthless compared to someone else.” – Dillon Burroughs
53. “If you try to follow everyone else and be like everyone else before you know it, you’re gone. You’re not going to find yourself again. You’ll just be a version of what you might have hoped to have been.” – Dolly Parton
More Quotes About Comparing Yourself to Others
54. “When you are content to be simply yourself and don’t compare or compete, everyone will respect you.” – Lao Tzu
55. “If you know what the purpose of your life is, you will never compare yourself to anyone.” – Nitin Namdeo
56. “You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
57. “You are not required to perform like them. You are required to perform like you.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
58. “After so many years struggling to keep up with you, I finally realized we’re not even running the same race.” – Scott Stabile
59. “Personality begins where comparison leaves off. Be unique. Be memorable. Be confident. Be proud.” – Shannon L. Alder
60. “Some people say you are going the wrong way when it’s simply a way of your own.” – Angelina Jolie
Did These Quotes Inspire You to Use Comparison for Self-Improvement?
It is true that, as social beings, we get most of our information from others. We discover who we are, what we want, and our dreams in life by looking at the life of another person.
But, we must also know that each of us has unique talents, personalities, and skills. No two people can be exactly the same because we are all different in our own way. We can use other people as a guide, but we should also understand that we have our own journeys in life.
Maybe instead of looking at others’ lives, it will be better if we compare ourselves based on our past performances. This way, we can constantly grow and improve without our insecurities attacking us.
Remember, you are your own person, and you should not let others dictate who you should be. If you feel like you have low self-esteem, make sure to reread our list. Use the wise words that our collection has to help you become a better person in life!