If you need help to love and accept yourself, then let these be true to yourself quotes guide you!
Being true to yourself might be the hardest thing to do as humans, especially because we are shaped by society to be uniform and ordinary so everyone can fit in.
However, if we keep pretending and lying to ourselves, we are inflicting harm on who we really are.
We can never live a meaningful life if we’re not true to ourselves. It will rob us of our uniqueness and freedom to be an individual. In turn, it will only make us live like machines that only have names as differences.
So, learn how to be true to yourself by adding this to your must-read list now.
Set yourself free and shine your brightest light by checking out our entire collection below.
Start reading here.
And don’t miss out these be yourself quotes and authenticity quotes.
Best Be True to Yourself Quotes
1. “Being true to yourself is the greatest force to uncover the soul.” – Shiva Negi
2. “Be true to yourself. Listen to your inner call and live life to the fullest. The flower focuses on the sunlight instead of the thorns that lie around it. Our life too is made beautiful by what we choose to focus upon.” – Sanchita Pandey
3. “Stay true to yourself. Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” – Mahatma Gandhi
4. “Be true to yourself, stay focused and stay you, take advice from other folks, use what you can, but never mind what is not for you. For the most part, trust yourself and believe in what you are doing.” – Musiq Soulchild
5. “Be true to your heart, put your whole heart and soul into it, and then whatever you do, it will shine through.” – Jamie Brewer
6. “Whatever the consequences of staying true to yourself, they’re much less than the consequences of selling your soul.” – Carly Fiorina
7. “Always remember to be true to yourself as life is just too beautiful by what we choose to live with.” – Anonymous
8. “What’s important is that you stay true to yourself. Because when you enter the real world, the most valuable thing you can bring is all your you-ness.” – Bo Burnham
9. “Being true to yourself really means being true to all the complexities of the human spirit.” – Rita Dove
10. “Being true to yourself in a constantly changing world trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment in life.” – Anonymous
Inspirational Quotes on Being True to Yourself
11. “Be brave and clear. Follow your heart, and don’t be overly influenced by outside factors. Be true to yourself.” – Shirley Temple
12. “Life is funny. Things change, people change, but you will always be you, so stay true to yourself and never sacrifice who you are for anyone.” – Zayn Malik
13. “When you do something you love, you have a passion for it. It comes naturally. Staying true to yourself and doing what you love keeps you going. Everything else falls into place.” – Christian Louboutin
14. “Establish who you are, and don’t let anybody dress you up or change the way you are, and stay true to yourself.” – Lynn Anderson
15. “Be true to yourself, help others, make each day your masterpiece, make friendship a fine art, drink deeply from good books.” – John Wooden
16. “Always remember that your ideal life is the reality. Therefore, be true to yourself and honor your preferences.” – Anonymous
17. “By being true to yourself, you give something beautiful and rare to the world that never existed before.” – Anonymous
18. “Just keep being true to yourself. If you’re passionate about something, go for it. Don’t sacrifice anything, just have fun.” – Blake Lewis
19. “Being true to yourself means living in truth with each person in your life. It means refusing to say or do something that you don’t believe is right. Living in truth with other people means that you refuse to stay in any situation where you are unhappy with the behavior of another person. You refuse to tolerate it. You refuse to compromise.” – Brian Tracy
20. “One of the lessons that I grew up with was to always stay true to yourself and never let what somebody else says distract you from your goals.” – Michelle Obama
Also read: Know Yourself Quotes, Invest in Yourself Quotes
Always Be True to Yourself Quotes
21. “Always stay true to yourself as you are the only one who matters the most.” – Anonymous
22. “Always stay true to yourself because there are very few people who will always be true to you.” – Anonymous
23. “Always stay true to yourself. Some people will like it. Some people won’t. Life goes on.” – Carmelo Anthony
24. “Overall, I think that the most important thing is to have true friends, and always to stay true to yourself.” – Diego Boneta
25. “Be passionate about yourself, do not sacrifice anything, and have fun. Always remember to remain true and real to yourself.” – Anonymous
26. “Always keep your dignity and be true to yourself.” – Marjane Satrapi
27. “Always be true to you. But learn how to adapt too. That’s something I wish I did when I was younger.” – Denzel Curry
Also read: Forgive Yourself Quotes, Compare Yourself to Others Quotes
Short Be True to Yourself Quotes That You Should Keep In Mind
28. “Just stay true to yourself and true to what you believe.” – Joel Madden
29. “Stay true to yourself, and the answer will become clear.” – Kentaro Yabuki
30. “If you stay true to yourself, you’ll never have regrets.” – Anonymous
31. “The secret to success is to be true to yourself.” – S. Sreesanth
32. “Stay true to yourself and never let anyone rob you of yourself.” – Anonymous
33. “The ultimate goal of human life is to realize your true self.” – Shiva Negi
34. “Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself.” – Richard Bach
35. “To be your true self is to be true to yourself.” – Shiva Negi
36. “This above all, to thine own self, be true.” – William Shakespeare
37. “If you want to be happy, you must be true to who you are.” – Anonymous
38. “You just have to be true to yourself and do what you love to do.” – Mickie James
39. “Have the guts to be true to yourself. Nothing more.” – Robin Sharma
40. “Everything will fall in place when we remain true to ourselves.” – Anonymous
Also read: Short Quotes, Self-Love Quotes
Be True to Yourself Quotes for Everyone Who Needs Advice
41. “Everyone wants to belong, or be a part of something bigger than themselves, but it’s important to follow your heart and be true to yourself in the process.” – Emily Giffin
42. “Stay true to yourself because it goes a long way. If you don’t know who you are, who are you really?” – Brandy Norwood
43. “You have to be true to yourself and remain humble. Whether you win or lose, you’ve got to treat everyone the same, and be who you are.” – Randy Couture
44. “You might not have a car or a big gold chain. Stay true to yourself, and things will change.” – Snoop Dogg
45. “Regardless of others’ reactions, do your best to stay true to yourself. Make the choices that allow you to look in the mirror and feel good about the person gazing back at you.” – Steve Pavlina
46. “You have to stay true to yourself and don’t be afraid even though people may say what you’re doing isn’t cool or isn’t right.” – Emma Stone
47. “Sometimes, being true to yourself means changing your mind. Self changes, and you follow.” – Vera Nazarian
48. “I think if you stay true to yourself and keep moving forward, things come around.” – Demi Moore
49. “It’s important to stay true to yourself. You have to know your weaknesses and recruit support when and where you need it.” – Jillian Michaels
50. “Never give up. And most importantly, be true to yourself. Write from your heart, in your own voice, and about what you believe in.” – Louise Brown
51. “Be true enough to reveal your unique feelings, beauty, and perceptions about yourself.” – Anonymous
Wise Be True to Yourself Quotes That’ll Give You Life-Changing Lessons
52. “Stay true to yourself. An original is worth more than a copy.” – Suzy Kassem
53. “It takes tremendous courage to be honest and true to yourself.” – Debasish Mridha
54. “Stay true to yourself because, at the end of the day, you can’t lie to yourself.” – Patrick Grant
55. “A lot of the conflict you have in your life exists simply because you’re not living in alignment. You’re not being true to yourself.” – Steve Maraboli
56. “Your perceptions are derived from your feelings and your ability to be yourself, to own and trust yourself, and to say what you feel, even when it may be diametrically opposed to everyone else’s opinion. You may be called the devil incarnate. You may feel like cow pies are being thrown at you. Sometimes, that is part of being true to yourself.” – Barbara Marciniak
Be True to Yourself Quotes to Help You Practice Self-Love
57. “Self-love can only be achieved by living an authentic life. It’s not possible to truly love and accept yourself when you are not being true to yourself.” – Anthon St. Maarten
58. “It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” – André Gide
59. “Don’t let anyone make you be who you aren’t. Stay true to yourself at all times. Even when it’s not trendy.” – Anonymous
60. “Stay true to yourself. Don’t worry about what people think of you or about the way they try to make you feel. If people want to see you as a good person, they will. If they want to see you as a bad person, absolutely nothing you do will stop them. Ironically, the more you try to show them your good intentions, the more reason you give them to knock you down if they are committed to misunderstanding you. Keep your head up high and be confident in what you do. Be confident in your intentions and keep your eyes ahead instead of wasting your time on those who want to drag you back. Because you can’t change people’s views, you have to believe that true change for yourself comes from within you, not from anyone else.” – Najwa Zebian
More Quotes on Being True to Yourself
61. “The hardest thing to do is to be true to yourself, especially when everybody is watching.” – Dave Chappelle
62. “Be true to yourself and surround yourself with positive, supportive people.” – Anonymous
63. “Be true to yourself and to your feelings. Those are the only things in your life that will never lie to you.” – Anonymous
64. “The greatest talent you should have is learning how to be your true self.” – Shiva Negi
65. “No life is perfect. We all have our problems and issues, and I believe that it’s good to be true to who you are.” – Liberty Ross
66. “Real beauty is to be true to oneself. That’s what makes me feel good.” – Laetitia Casta
67. “Above all, be true to yourself, and if you cannot put your heart in it, take yourself out of it.” – Anonymous
68. “Well, if you’re true to yourself, you’re going to be true to everyone else.” – John Wooden
69. “Courage is being true to yourself, true to a sense of integrity.” – Cornel West
70. “You have to stay true to yourself and where you’re coming from, and sometimes. people see you in a different light, but you have to take it in and try to be positive about anything.” – McKayla Maroney
Did These Quotes Inspire You to Be True to Yourself?
All of us know the feeling of hiding who we really are because we share the fear of not being accepted and loved.
But, if we continue wearing masks, we will only breed hate inside us instead of loving and accepting ourselves. We must start the journey of unlearning this behavior before it gets too harmful for us.
One of the things we can do to learn about self-love and self-acceptance is by being true to ourselves. If we do this, we get to explore the parts of us that we are unwilling to accept. It is a necessary way to be authentic and reclaim the freedom that was robbed from us.
Practice being true to yourself by eliminating the thoughts of what other people think. In this way, we block the external factors that will affect how we decide and act as a person. Most of all, we can prioritize our wants and needs before considering the judgment of others.
Being true to yourself is a long and tiring journey. But, hopefully, these quotes were able to inspire you to be who you really are. Remember that life loses meaning if we never let our true selves live!