Read these know yourself quotes that will inspire you to uncover your authentic self!
Discovering our true identity is an essential part of living. Once we get to know our innermost self, we unite with the soul that makes us human and keeps us going in life.
Yet, not all of us know the weight that self-discovery holds in our life. It gives our existence a purpose that drives us to be passionate and alive.
Without doing this, we will be lost and never know the right direction.
So, if you want to start your journey toward self-discovery, then make sure you read these quotes.
Check out our complete collection below to help you find your authentic self.
Start reading here.
Best Know Yourself Quotes
1. “To know thyself is the beginning of wisdom.” – Socrates
2. “Knowing others is intelligence. Knowing yourself is true wisdom. Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power.” – Lao Tzu
3. “You just have to know yourself well enough to know what’s important. And when you do that, things just don’t get in your way. You don’t allow them to.” – Omarion
4. “You’ve just got to know yourself, and know what you’re worth, and know where you’re going, and know that you can always, always learn more.” – Zoë Bell
5. “Be aware of yourself and know yourself. No matter how much you have learned and how much you know, if you don’t know yourself, you don’t know anything.” – Suzuki Shōsan
6. “The better you know yourself, the better your relationship with the rest of the world.” – Toni Collette
7. “Knowledge of the self is the root of all knowledge.” – Heidi Morrison
8. “Self-discovery is the secret ingredient that fuels daring.” – Grace Lichtenstein
Famous Quotes About Knowing Yourself
9. “Know yourself to improve yourself.” – Auguste Comte
10. “The more you know yourself, the more patience you have for what you see in others.” – Erik Erikson
11. “The most difficult thing in life is to know yourself.” – Thales
12. “Once you know yourself, you won’t have to listen to others.” – Gautama Buddha
13. “Knowing yourself is life’s eternal homework.” – Felicia Day
14. “Know your enemy and know yourself, and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.” – Sun Tzu
15. “One must know oneself. If this does not serve to discover the truth, it at least serves as a rule of life, and there is nothing better.” – Blaise Pascal
Deep Know Yourself Quotes to Think About
16. “Step into the fire of self-discovery. This fire will not burn you. It will only burn what you are not.” – Mooji
17. “The greatest explorer on this earth never takes voyages as long as those of the man who descends to the depth of his heart.” – Julien Green
18. “To know yourself, you must first sacrifice the illusion that you already do.” – Vironika Tugaleva
19. “The first thing you have to know is yourself. A man who knows himself can step outside himself and watch his own reactions like an observer.” – Adam Smith
20. “When you fight yourself to discover the real you, there is only one winner.” – Stephen Richards
21. “If you know who you are, then your ego feels safe instead of fearful and is more open to exploration.” – Julia Woodman
Poetic Know Yourself Quotes That Will Have Your Mind Reeling
22. “Should we say the self, once perceived, becomes the soul?” – Theodore Roethke
23. “If a man happens to find himself, he has a mansion which he can inhabit with dignity all the days of his life.” – James A. Michener
24. “Peel yourself layer by layer. There is an absolute earth-shattering magnificent person waiting to be discovered.” – Hiral Nagda
25. “The only thing that we will ever truly know is ourselves. Our personal being is our finest creation.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
26. “It is only in adventure that some people succeed in knowing themselves, in finding themselves.” – Andre Gide
Short Know Yourself Quotes That’ll Help You Live With Authenticity
27. “Know yourself to know others.” – Conor McGregor
28. “Know thyself and all will be revealed.” – Pamela Theresa Loertscher
29. “Know, first, who you are, and then adorn yourself accordingly.” – Epictetus
30. “First, know yourself, then know others.” – Gichin Funakoshi
31. “Know yourself! Understand yourself! Correct yourself!” – Anonymous
32. “If you really want to know yourself, start by writing a book.” – Shereen El Feki
33. “The more you know yourself, the more you forgive yourself.” – Confucius
34. “The more you know yourself, the more clarity there is.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
35. “You’ve got to know yourself so you can, at last, be yourself.” – D. H. Lawrence
36. “Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves.” – Henry David Thoreau
37. “People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself.” – Thomas Szasz
38. “Know yourself, be yourself, trust yourself, love yourself.” – Anonymous
Know Yourself Quotes to Guide You on the Journey of Self-Discovery
39. “You cannot transcend what you do not know. To go beyond yourself, you must know yourself.” – Nisargadatta Maharaj
40. “A human being has so many skins inside, covering the depths of the heart. We know so many things, but we don’t know ourselves! Why, 30 or 40 skins or hides, as thick and hard as an ox’s or bear’s, cover the soul. Go into your own ground and learn to know yourself there.” – Meister Eckhart
41. “You can never satisfy other people, I learned. End of the day, it’s extremely important that you know yourself better than anybody else, and if you can do that, it doesn’t matter what anybody thinks about you, good or bad.” – Christian McCaffrey
42. “Know what you really want. Know why you want it and how you will get it. That’s the key!” – Israelmore Ayivor
Know Yourself Quotes That’ll Show You the Importance of Understanding Yourself
43. “Know yourself, who I really am, because there is nothing in this life more than self-knowledge. Human life is only for self-realization, and this is what we should strive for. Without this, a man can never be happy.” – Shiva Negi
44. “To know yourself as the Being underneath the thinker, the stillness underneath the mental noise, the love, and joy underneath the pain is freedom, salvation, enlightenment.” – Eckhart Tolle
45. “Getting to know yourself helps you separate what you really want from what others expect of you.” – Anonymous
46. “The more you know who you are and what you want, the less you let things upset you.” – Anonymous
47. “Once you really know yourself, can’t nobody tell you nothing about you.” – Megan Thee Stallion
48. “Until you know yourself, all that you know is useless because your life will lack direction.” – Geoffrey Ocaya
49. “In order to grow, we need to know ourselves. To understand what triggers certain behavior, we need to identify the root cause.” – Adiela Akoo
50. “If you want to maximize your total potential, you have to know yourself first.” – Mark McGwire
51. “When you know yourself, you are empowered. When you accept yourself, you are invincible.” – Tina Lifford
52. “Really, when you take a step back, and you really know yourself, you’re able to make better decisions.” – Omarion
53. “First, know yourself, then you will begin to understand why things are as they are, and why life is as it is.” – Anonymous
54. “In order to change unwanted habits and actions, it is important to take the time to get to know yourself.” – Darren Johnson
Know Yourself Quotes for People Who Want to Uncover Their True Self
55. “If you don’t know yourself, you may easily blow away opportunities meant for your success! Know who you are made of and save your dreams from premature death!” – Israelmore Ayivor
56. “How can you even know what you want if you don’t know who you are? Invest the time and energy into getting to know yourself. Get real with yourself.” – Anonymous
57. “If you don’t know what you want, others will want you for what they know! You must know yourself!” – Israelmore Ayivor
58. “Only as you do know yourself can your brain serve you as a sharp and efficient tool. Know your own failings, passions, and prejudices so you can separate them from what you see.” – Bernard Baruch
Know Yourself Quotes for Everyone Who Feels Lost
59. “Know yourself. Keep your circle tight. Keep your friends and your work circle tight.” – Rita Ora
60. “To know a species, look at its fears. To know yourself, look at your fears. Fear in itself is not important, but fear stands there and points you in the direction of things that are important. Don’t be afraid of your fears. They’re not there to scare you. They’re there to let you know that something is worth it.” – C. JoyBell C.
61. “I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then live with that decision.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
62. “As long as you know yourself, and you got good people around you and you passionate about what you do, that’s all that matters because, at the end of the day, you go to sleep with the people you love, you wake up with the people you love, and you spend your time with the people you love.” – Tyga
63. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” – Carl Jung
64. “Only when you do not know yourself does the opinion of other people become important.” – Sadhguru
65. “Learn to know yourself, to search realistically and regularly the processes of your own mind and feelings.” – Nelson Mandela
66. “You’re always learning about yourself if you’re honest with yourself. It’s very tough to be honest with yourself. We all are dishonest with ourselves a lot of the time. We don’t want to deal with something, so we compartmentalize it.” – Geoff Johns
67. “Never be afraid of failure. And don’t stop yourself from doing something you want to do because of what others might think. Only you know yourself best.” – Suki Waterhouse
More Know Yourself Quotes That’ll Make You Laugh
68. “Know yourself. Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.” – Ann Landers
69. “Know thyself? If I knew myself, I would run away.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
70. “Man is so constituted that he then only excels other things when he knows himself.” – Boethius
Can You Confidently Say That You Fully Know Everything About Yourself?
Finding ourselves is the most important journey we will ever have. It is getting to know our true identities and uniting with the soul that is hidden deep inside us. But, as grand as it sounds, we must understand that it is a complex process that will force us to open up our dark past, fears, and worries in life.
Self-discovery is a challenging adventure that we will spend our whole lives exploring. Because of our ever-changing self, the person we were before is not the same as the one we are now. It is a complicated process, but it is all worth it once we feel at peace with who we are.
One of the many ways to start learning more about yourself is by keeping a journal or spending time alone. Through this, you can take care of yourself and hear your innermost thoughts. It is like talking to someone and learning more about them, even with the littlest details about them.
Hopefully, these quotes were able to inspire you to continue knowing yourself. If you feel lost, don’t hesitate to reread our list of wise words!