Start your day full of love by reading through this list of the best and most inspiring sister quotes.
There’s no doubt that you were annoyed at your sister when you were younger—maybe that happens till today.
You might have even wished that you were an only child at some point!
But, as you grow older, you start to realize just how precious sisters are and just how lucky you are to have them.
After all, a sister is someone who will stand by you and help you weather any storm that life may throw your way.
Whenever you feel down in the dumps and think that there’s no one you can turn to, don’t fret; you’ll find that your sister will be there with you every step of the way.
Indeed, our sisters have a way of making everything seem a little brighter.
So, if you need some help realizing that fact or just miss your sister, this collection will surely fit the bill.
Make sure you read through to the end to feel the unique and unbreakable bond you can only find with your sister.
And don’t forget to check out these family quotes and brother quotes.
Best Sister Quotes
1. “A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life.” – Isadora James
2. “A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves—a special kind of double.” – Toni Morrison
3. “Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.” – Amy Li
4. “Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other.” – Carol Saline
5. “A sister is a special type of angel on earth who brings out your best qualities.” – Anonymous
6. “A sister is both your mirror—and your opposite.” – Elizabeth Fishel
7. “Sisters help make the hard times easier and the easy times more fun.” – Anonymous
8. “Sisters are best friends, they are advisors, they are teachers, and best of all, they are people with whom you can talk with about anything—someone you have a special bond with!” – Catherine Pulsifer
Meaningful Sister Quotes
9. “Sisters are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.” – Anonymous
10. “Your sister knows everything to say to piss you off. But sisters tend to be each other’s biggest champion and also their hardest critics.” – Erin Foster
11. “A sister is like yourself in a different movie—a movie that stars you in a different life.” – Deborah Tannen
12. “During life’s highs and lows, hurts and happiness, a sister is always there.” – Catherine Pulsifer
13. “Sisters teach us about cooperation, fairness, caring, and kindness. Oftentimes, they teach us these lessons the hard way.” – Anonymous
14. “Sisters don’t need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks—expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs that can undermine any tale you’re telling.” – Pam Brown
15. “Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child.” – Barbara Alpert
Also read: Cousin Quotes
Sister Quotes About Love
16. “But the love of sisters needs no words. It does not depend on memories, or mementos, or proof. It runs as deep as a heartbeat. It is as ever-present as a pulse.” – Lisa Wingate
17. “We’re sisters. You’re my family, what is you is me. There’s nothing that you could ever say to make me let go. I love you.” – Anonymous
18. “A sister is more than a forever friend. She is a joy to the heart, and love without end.” – Anonymous
19. “A sister is someone who loves you from the heart. No matter how much you argue you cannot be drawn apart. She is a joy that cannot be taken away. Once she enters your life, she is there to stay.” – Anonymous
20. “I love you, sister. Our hearts have grown closer with the passing of time. Through the ups and downs of life, we’ve come to understand what it means to have each other. Sometimes we talk often, sometimes not. It doesn’t seem to matter—the feelings of closeness remain with me because I know you are always there. I love you, sister. What a blessing it is to call you mine!” – Anonymous
Also read: True Love Quotes
Short Sister Quotes
21. “Sisters make the best friends in the world.” – Marilyn Monroe
22. “Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister?” – Alice Walker
23. “Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.” – Benjamin Disraeli
24. “Sisters aren’t best friends—they’re even better.” – Anonymous
25. “There is no place for secrets in sisterhood.” – Erin Forbes
26. “In the cookies of life, sisters are the chocolate chips.” – Anonymous
27. “Sisters are different flowers from the same garden.” – Anonymous
Sister Quotes That’ll Make You Miss Her
28. “A sister travels with you always. She is only a whisper or a thought or a prayer away. She moves through our lives with us.” – Roxie Kelley
29. “A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost.” – Anonymous
30. “A sister is God’s way of proving He doesn’t want us to walk alone.” – Anonymous
31. “A conversation with my sister will always bring me comfort—no matter what life throws at me.” – Anonymous
32. “Being without your sister is like being without your heart and soul.” – Anonymous
Great Sister Quotes to Strengthen Your Bond
33. “We’ll always fight, but we’ll always make up as well. That’s what sisters do—we argue, we point out each other’s frailties, mistakes, and bad judgment, we flash the insecurities we’ve had since childhood, and then we come back together. Until the next time.” – Lisa See
34. “When we stand shoulder to shoulder, sister, no one can ever come between us.” – Anonymous
35. “I do not see as well without her. I do not hear as well without her. I do not feel as well without her. I would be better off without a hand or a leg than without my sister.” – Erin Morgenstern
36. “Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.” – Margaret Mead
Funny Sister Quotes
37. “If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she’s wearing your best sweater.” – Pam Brown
38. “You’re my sister and my best friend. If you think otherwise, just remember I know all your secrets.” – Anonymous
39. “I’m smiling because we’re sisters. I’m laughing because there’s nothing you can do about it.” – Anonymous
40. “If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.” – Linda Sunshine
41. “Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five.” – Pam Brown
42. “Never let an angry sister brush your hair.” – Anonymous
43. “What I love most about us being sisters is we can have totally inappropriate conversations no sane person should ever have. Ever.” – Anonymous
44. “You and I are sisters. Always remember that if you fall, I will pick you up—after I finish laughing.” – Anonymous
45. “Sister to sister we will always be, a couple of nuts off the family tree.” – Anonymous
46. “Sisters are the ones you can get mad at only for a short period because you have important stuff to tell them.” – Anonymous
47. “When I say I won’t tell anyone, my sister doesn’t count.” – Anonymous
48. “More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good.” – Linda Sunshine
Sister Quotes and Captions for Instagram
49. “Our roots say we’re sisters, our hearts say we’re friends.” – Anonymous
50. “Sister is our first friend and second mother.” – Sunny Gupta
51. “Sisters are for sharing laughter and wiping tears.” – Anonymous
52. “A perfect sister I am not, but thankful for the one I’ve got.” – Anonymous
53. “Friends change, lovers leave, sisters are eternal.” – Anonymous
Sister Quotes That Will Move You
54. “You know full well as I do the value of sisters’ affections; there is nothing like it in this world.” – Charlotte Brontë
55. “For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.” – Christina Rossetti
56. “That’s the best thing about little sisters—they spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that, in the end, they’re far wiser than the elder ones could ever be.” – Gemma Burgess
57. “Sisters may drive you crazy, get into your stuff, and irritate you. However, if anyone else dares say so, a sister will defend you to the death.” – Anonymous
More Sister Quotes That Everyone Can Relate To
58. “What are sisters for if not to point out the things the rest of the world is too polite to mention.” – Claire Cook
59. “Sisters, as you know, also have a unique relationship. This is the person who has known you your entire life, who should love you and stand by you no matter what, and yet it’s your sister who knows exactly where to drive the knife to hurt you the most.” – Lisa See
60. “My sister was the one person who told me not to change—that my skin was beautiful. She really helped me feel good about myself.” – Khoudia Diop
Do You Have a Sister Who Will Love and Support You Unconditionally?
There’s no denying that siblings quarrel, bicker, and fight. But, at the end of the day, they’re still the ones who will be there for you, come what may.
Some of us are lucky enough to have sisters. With them by your side, you know you’ll always have someone to look after you and guide you through life. It doesn’t matter whether they’re younger or older—sisters will always have some valuable words of advice we can all learn from.
If you’re blessed to have a sister or two to stand by you, then make sure you appreciate and love them with all your heart. Showing your appreciation doesn’t have to be done through grand gestures. Just a small hug, a short message, or maybe even cooking a hearty meal would more than suffice.
Life is more colorful, fun, and safe with our sisters by our sides. With that, we hope this list of sister quotes was able to help you understand just how precious they are. So, after you’re done with today’s list, show them your love and appreciation!
How many sisters do you have? What do you love most about them? Share your thoughts below!