Choosing between right and wrong is not always easy, so read through this collection of do the right thing quotes to guide you!
In today’s world, doing the right thing is difficult because it doesn’t only rely on what we want or need. This is because to do the right thing means to consider the best—the common good—for other people, too.
Nonetheless, we must not allow this to confuse and prevent us from doing what is morally correct.
The path to doing the right thing will never be easy, but at least we are free from guilt and consequences. If we live by this rule, we’ll be confident that we’ll live a happy and peaceful life.
So, check our list of do the right thing quotes below!
These wise words will remind you that you need to aim for a life filled with compassion, honesty, and the bravery to make the right choices.
Check out the complete list below!
Best Do the Right Thing Quotes
1. “Sometimes it is better to lose and do the right thing than to win and do the wrong thing.” – Tony Blair
2. “I believe that in life, you have to give things your best shot, do your best. You have to focus on what needs to be done, do the right thing, not the popular thing.” – David Cameron
3. “You do the right thing even if it makes you feel bad. The purpose of life is not to be happy but to be worthy of happiness.” – Tracy Kidder
4. “Doing more things faster is no substitute for doing the right things.” – Stephen Covey
5. “We have to learn that not everyone deserves our tears. You have to do the right thing even if someone mocks you.” – Thiago Silva
6. “Taking a shortcut isn’t always profitable. Doing the right thing may take longer, but just trust the process; your reward is sure!” – Hopal Green
7. “Doing the right thing isn’t always easy. In fact, sometimes it’s real hard. But just remember that doing the right thing is always right.” – David Cottrell
8. “Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it. Right is right, even if no one is doing it.” – Anonymous
9. “When you do the right things in the right way, you have nothing to lose because you have nothing to fear.” – Zig Ziglar
Inspirational Quotes About Doing the Right Thing
10. “I follow three rules—do the right thing, do the best you can, and always show people you care.” – Lou Holtz
11. “I may have hurt some people along the way, but I would like to be seen as somebody who has done his best to do the right thing for any situation and not compromised.” – Ratan Tata
12. “Better to fail at doing the right thing than to succeed at doing the wrong thing.” – Guy Kawasaki
13. “Happiness and personal fulfillment are the natural consequences of doing the right thing.” – Epictetus
14. “It takes less time to do a thing right than to explain why you did it wrong.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Do the Right Thing Quotes to Encourage You to Stand For What’s Right
15. “It’s not always easy to do the right thing. But, doing the right thing makes you strong; it builds character.” – Queen Latifah
16. “I am always prepared to do the right thing regardless of what other people think.” – Bill Ackman
17. “I try to do the right thing at the right time. They may just be little things, but usually, they make the difference between winning and losing.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
18. “The right thing may be thrilling at times, but always peaceful in its consequences.” – Anonymous
19. “Whenever you know what is right, you must also know the courage that it demands.” – Anonymous
20. “You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.” – Pearl S. Buck
21. “Sometimes you face difficulties not because you’re doing something wrong, but because you’re doing something right.” – Anonymous
Do the Right Thing Quotes to Boost Your Integrity
22. “Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.” – C.S. Lewis
23. “Have the courage to say no. Have the courage to face the truth. Do the right thing because it is right. These are the magic keys to living your life with integrity.” – W. Clement Stone
24. “Your personal integrity, once established and earned, people don’t have to think about it. They know. They know you. They know you’ll do the right thing every time.” – Rex Tillerson
25. “With integrity, you have nothing to fear, since you have nothing to hide. With integrity, you will do the right thing, so you will have no guilt.” – Zig Ziglar
26. “My basic principle is that you don’t make decisions because they are easy. You don’t make them because they are cheap. You don’t make them because they’re popular. You make them because they’re right.” – Theodore Hesburgh
Short Do the Right Thing Quotes That’ll Pique Your Interest
27. “It’s never too late to do the right thing.” – Nicholas Sparks
28. “Doing the right thing has power.” – Laura Linney
29. “The ‘right thing to do’ is always the ‘best thing to do.’” – Anonymous
30. “We’re not perfect, but we want to do the right thing.” – Charlie Bell
31. “If I lose the ball, I lose it trying to do the right thing. That’s the way it is.” – Frank Lampard
32. “Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what’s right.” – Isaac Asimov
33. “Do what is right, not what is easy.” – Anonymous
34. “It is never wrong to do the right thing.” – Mark Twain
35. “In the end, you should always do the right thing even if it’s hard.” – Nicholas Sparks
36. “In any walk of life, you can choose to do the right thing.” – Katharine Gun
Do the Right Thing Quotes That You Can Learn From
37. “Stay focused on your mission, remain steadfast in your pursuit of excellence, and always do the right thing.” – Mark Esper
38. “It doesn’t make sense to have to do the wrong thing in order to do the right thing.” – Jim DeMint
39. “The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.” – Robert H. Schuller
40. “Life is too short to try and please everyone. Take charge and do what’s right—not what’s popular.” – Farshad Asl
41. “The difference between being ordinary and extraordinary is doing the right thing while nobody is watching.” – Jim Rohn
42. “In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
43. “Next time you’re faced with a choice, do the right thing. It hurts everyone less in the long run.” – Anonymous
Do the Right Thing Quotes for Everyone Who Wants to Succeed
44. “There are no accidents—success is the result of doing the right thing, in the right way, over and over.” – Brian Tracy
45. “Doing the right things for the right reason in the right way is the key to quality life!” – Stephen Covey
46. “The successful person places more attention on doing the right thing rather than doing things right.” – Peter Drucker
47. “If you start today to do the right thing, you are already a success even if it doesn’t show yet.” – John C Maxwell
48. “Doing the right thing doesn’t always bring success. But compromising ethics almost always leads to failure.” – Vivek Wadhwa
49. “If you are making smart decisions and doing the right things in the correct order and dedicating yourself to something, success is inevitable.” – Matt Snell
Do the Right Thing Quotes That’ll Push You to Do Good Deeds
50. “The extraordinary thing about having the absolute conviction that you’re doing the right thing is that you’ll do it—whatever that may be, no matter how difficult, dangerous, or improbable.” – John Golembiewski
51. “Don’t do what’s right to get something. Do the right thing because it’s the right thing.” – Joyce Meyer
52. “Honestly, if you don’t fit in, then you’re probably doing the right thing.” – Lights Poxleitner
53. “Doing the right thing daily compounds over time.” – John C. Maxwell
54. “Always do the right thing, always be exciting, always be encouraging, and always be learning something new.” – Zig Ziglar
55. “Doing the right thing is fun. If nothing else, it surprises people.” – Thomas Sowell
56. “Early in life, I learned, just through observation, that right always wins out over wrong. If a person has good intentions in his heart and wants to do the right thing, then there are certain ways that any obstacle can be overcome.” – Monte Irvin
57. “We need to have a purpose in this life. I’m pleading with you, I’m begging with you to do the right thing. And do it not for the sake of how it will impact your own lives, but only for the sake of doing the right thing.” – James McGreevey
58. “The man who is wise enough to know the right thing to do, who is good enough to wish to do only the right thing, and who is able and strong enough to do the right thing is a truly great man.” – Wallace D Wattles
Do the Right Thing Quotes That’ll Get You Closer to God
59. “I think a big test we all face in life on a regular basis is the discouragement test. Life’s not always fair, but I believe if you keep doing the right thing, God will get you to where you are.” – Joel Osteen
60. “When you do the right thing, you’re going to reap blessings. Not just eternal life, but abundant life here on this earth.” – Joel Osteen
61. “Doing the right thing even when no one is looking is easy if I remember that I am not in this life alone and that my task is to please God—not people.” – Sandra C. Bibb
62. “Allah’s the Arabic term for God. Stand up for God, fight for God, work for God and do the right thing, and go the right way, things will end up in your corner.” – Muhammad Ali
63. “Every day, I get closer to God. Every day, my will to do the right thing gets stronger.” – DMC
64. “Keep a good attitude and do the right thing even when it’s hard. When you do that, you are passing the test. And God promises you your marked moments are on their way.” – Joel Osteen
65. “You always gotta do the right thing—you never know who’s watching.” – John Wall
More Do the Right Thing Quotes for a Better World
66. “Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” – Mark Twain
67. “Civilization rests on the fact that most people do the right thing most of the time.” – Dean Koontz
68. “Next to doing the right thing, the most important thing is to let people know you are doing the right thing.” – John D. Rockefeller
69. “The power of one man or one woman doing the right thing for the right reason, and at the right time, is the greatest influence in our society.” – Jack Kemp
70. “If everyone thinks you’re doing the right thing, then everyone would be doing it. Have a controversial strategy.” – Scott McNealy
Do You Also Believe That Living a Good Life Will Come From Doing the Right Thing?
When facing adversity, we may automatically think that the easiest way out is to think of ourselves first. But, you must remember that life isn’t just about you. You also need to consider the feelings of the other parties involved.
Doing the right thing all the time can be challenging, especially when the proper thing to do contradicts our desires. But, remember that by making the correct choices, you might motivate others to follow your lead.
When you live your life morally, you will open yourself up to all the positive things the world offers. You will reach success and attain all the good you deserve in return. More than that, you can act as other people’s inspiration so they’ll have the courage to stand for what is correct—eventually leading to a better world for all in the end.
Remember, when you do what’s right, you can improve yourself, those around you, and the entire world. You are the spark to positive change! So, take this challenge and do what’s right, no matter your circumstances.
Use the quotes we’ve compiled above as a reference whenever you’re unsure of what to do. Remember that life becomes more significant if you know that you’re doing the right thing and have no guilt in your heart!