Read this list of the best Dumb and Dumber quotes you can recite daily!
In Dumb and Dumber, we join two friends, Harry and Lloyd, as they journey to Aspen to return the briefcase Mary Swanson lost. When Lloyd found the lost briefcase, he just wanted to return it to its rightful owner; he didn’t know that it contained loads of cash. Plus, he also wasn’t aware of the kidnapping issue surrounding Mary.
So, while the two friends were traveling, they encountered many dangerous situations that tested their friendship. You might also get annoyed by how much these two characters lack common sense. However, their sense of humor and sheer dumb luck will surely make up for it!
Read through to the end to better understand this duo’s ups and downs. Aside from getting a better understanding of the plot, we’re sure it’ll raise your spirits, too!
And don’t forget to check out these Ace Ventura quotes and Interstellar quotes.
Best Dumb and Dumber Quotes
1. “Just when I think you couldn’t possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this, and totally redeem yourself!” – Harry Dunne
2. “I’m going to hang by the bar. Put out the vibe.” – Lloyd Christmas
3. “According to the map, we’ve only gone four inches!” – Harry Dunne
4. Lloyd Christmas: “That’s a lovely accent you have. New Jersey?”
Bus Stop Beauty: “Austria.”
Lloyd Christmas: “Austria! Well, then. G’day, mate! Let’s put another shrimp on the barbie!”
Bus Stop Beauty: “Let’s not.”
5. Lloyd Christmas: “Why are you going to the airport? Flying somewhere?”
Mary Swanson: “How’d you guess?”
Lloyd Christmas: “I saw your luggage. Then when I noticed the airline ticket, I put two and two together.”
6. Lloyd Christmas: “I want to ask you a question, straight out, flat out, and I want you to give me the honest answer. What do you think the chances are of a guy like you and a girl like me ending up together?”
Mary Swanson: “Well, Lloyd, that’s difficult to say. We really don’t—.”
Lloyd Christmas: “Hit me with it! Just give it to me straight! I came a long way just to see you, Mary. Just—the least you can do is level with me. What are my chances?”
Mary Swanson: “Not good.”
Lloyd Christmas: “You mean, not good like one out of a hundred?”
Mary Swanson: “I’d say more like one out of a million.”
Lloyd Christmas: “So you’re telling me there’s a chance. Yeah!”
7. “We got no food! We got no jobs! Our pet’s heads are fallin’ off!!” – Lloyd Christmas
8. “If I know Mary as well as I think I do, she’ll invite us right in for tea and strumpets.” – Lloyd Christmas
9. “Life is a fragile thing, Har. One minute you’re chewin’ on a burger, the next minute you’re dead meat.” – Lloyd Christmas
Dumb and Dumber Quotes That’ll Blow Your Mind
10. “No way! We landed on the moon!” – Lloyd Christmas
11. “Hey, you wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?” – Lloyd Christmas
12. “Nice set of hooters you got there!” – Harry Dunne
13. Harry Dunne: “I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.”
Lloyd Christmas: “I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver’s full of shit, man.”
14. “You sold my dead bird to a blind kid?” – Harry Dunne
15. “That’s as good as money, sir. Those are I.O.U.s.” – Lloyd Christmas
Funny Dumb and Dumber Quotes to Make Your Day Brighter
16. “Oh yeah. They always freak out when you leave the scene of an accident, you know?” – Lloyd Christmas
17. “She gave me a bunch of crap about me not listening to her or something. I don’t know, I wasn’t really paying attention.” – Harry Dunne
18. Lloyd Christmas: “I’ll bet you 20 bucks I can get you gambling before the end of the day!”
Harry Dunne: “No way!”
Lloyd Christmas: “I’ll give you three-to-one odds.”
Harry Dunne: “No.”
Lloyd Christmas: “Five to one.”
Harry Dunne: “No.”
Lloyd Christmas: “Ten to one?”
Harry Dunne: “You’re on!”
19. Harry Dunne: “I don’t get it, Lloyd. She told me 10 o’clock, sharp! Are you sure you went to the right bar?”
Lloyd Christmas: “Yep. I’m pretty sure. Lobby bar right by the lobby. Maybe she just had a change of heart.”
Harry Dunne: “Oh, that pisses me off! That pisses me right off! I hate when women do that. She wanted to see you again! And now, no? Now—wait a minute! Wait! She must have meant 10 o’clock at night!”
Lloyd Christmas: “Do you think—?”
Harry Dunne: “Why would she have you meet her in a bar at 10 in the morning?”
Lloyd Christmas: “I just figured she was a raging alcoholic.”
20. “You’ll have to excuse my friend. He’s a little slow. The town is back that way.” – Lloyd Christmas
More Dumb and Dumber Quotes for You to Reflect On
21. State Trooper: “Pull over!”
Harry Dunne: “No, it’s a cardigan, but thanks for noticing.”
22. Harry Dunne: “One time, we successfully mated a bulldog with a Shih Tzu.”
Mary Swanson: “Really? That’s weird.”
Harry Dunne: “Yeah, we called it a Bullshit.”
23. Harry Dunne: “I can’t believe we drove around all day, and there’s not a single job in this town. There is nothing, nada, zip!”
Lloyd Christmas: “Yeah! Unless you wanna work 40 hours a week.”
24. Harry Dunne: “Hi, Lloyd.”
Lloyd Christmas: “Hi, Harry.”
Harry Dunne: “How was your day?”
Lloyd Christmas: “Not bad. Fell off the jetway again.”
25. “Yesterday was one of the greatest days of my life. Mary and I went skiing, we made a snowman, she touched my leg—.” – Harry Dunne
Which Aspect of Dumb and Dumber Do You Love and Appreciate the Most?
Because humor is so subjective, it’s hard to find comedy movies that everybody will love. However, for Dumb and Dumber, everything was a success from the very beginning. It’s even regarded as one of the best of the 1990s.
Years later, it remains a cult classic that we watch over and over. With Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels as the main protagonists, you’d be a fool to miss out on it!
Dumb and Dumber is also loved because of its quotable lines. Till now, everybody’s still spouting the movie’s lines just because they’re so golden and will never get old!
Another thing that makes it so well-received is its relatability. There’s a slim chance we’ll find a briefcase with millions of dollars, and if we’re lucky enough, we’ll never get caught up in the kind of conspiracy the duo was in. However, like Lloyd, we usually turn to our best friend for whatever we need.
Our best friend is our partner in crime, whether it be when we’re pursuing the person of our dreams or going on an adventure of a lifetime. Dumb and Dumber is undoubtedly a masterpiece you won’t get enough of, so keep this list of its best quotes in your bookmarks!