Learn how to handle life’s challenges with these emotional strength quotes!
Emotional strength is the ability to control and manage our emotions. It also helps us make decisions in our lives with reason and wisdom.
This is helpful, especially when we encounter dilemmas and negative circumstances in our life.
People with good control over their emotions are more likely to respond better when facing life’s challenges. Sadly, some cannot manage their feelings well.
This leads to intense feelings of anger and frustration. And, as a result, they may overreact in a way that can hurt themselves or others.
We must all try to cultivate our emotional strength because by doing so, we can use the obstacles we face to our advantage.
No matter how hard life tries to pull us down, we can keep our heads above water! If you want to know more about this topic, continue to the list below.
Best Emotional Strength Quotes
1. “Strength lies within you; only you can help yourself.” – Anonymous
2. “You have power over your mind—not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
3. “You have to rely on whatever sparks you have inside.” – Lisa Kleypas
4. “Look well into thyself; there is a source of strength which will always spring up if thou wilt always look.” – Marcus Aurelius
5. “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Inspirational Quotes for Emotional Strength
6. “Nothing can dim the light which shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
7. “Physical strength is measured by what we carry. Inner strength is measured by what we can bear.” – Anonymous
8. “We may get knocked down on the outside, but the key to living in victory is to learn how to get up on the inside.” – Joel Osteen
9. “One day, you will tell your story of how you overcame what you went through, and it will be someone else’s survival guide.” – Brene Brown
10. “I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.” – Anonymous
11. “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can, and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” – Buddha
12. “As we advance in life, it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties, the inmost strength of the heart is developed.” – Vincent van Gogh
13. “Someday, your pain will become the source of your strength. Face it. Brave it. You will make it.” – Dodinsky
14. “We gain strength and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face. We must do that which we think we cannot.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Emotional Strength Quotes to Help You When You’re Feeling Down
15. “You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice.” – Bob Marley
16. “Whatever is in me is stronger than what is out there to defeat me.” – Caroline Myss
17. “Everything is within your power, and your power is within you.” – Janice Trachtman
18. “My dark days made me strong. Or maybe I already was strong, and they made me prove it.” – Emery Lord
19. “We don’t even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward.” – Isabel Allende
20. “‘You’re gonna be happy,’ said life. ‘But first I’ll make you strong.’” – Anonymous
21. “You have to be at your strongest when you’re feeling at your weakest.” – Anonymous
22. “The harder you fall, the heavier your heart; the heavier your heart, the stronger you climb; the stronger you climb, the higher your pedestal.” – Criss Jami
23. “We all have an unsuspected reserve of strength inside that emerges when life puts us to the test.” – Isabel Allende
24. “Anyone can give up. It’s the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that’s true strength.” – Anonymous
Also read: Positive Quotes
Deep Emotional Strength Quotes to Ponder On
25. “The sun shines not on us but in us.” – John Muir
26. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong in the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
27. “What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality.” – Plutarch
28. “You are your master. Only you have the master keys to open the inner locks.” – Amit Ray
29. “If an ant carries an object a hundred times its weight, you can carry burdens many times your size.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
30. “Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out.” – Katherine Dunham
31. “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time.” – Anna Freud
32. “The sun shall always rise upon a new day, and there shall always be a rose garden within me. Yes, there is a part of me that is broken, but my broken soil gives way to my wild roses.” – C. Joybell C.
Emotional Strength Quotes That’ll Remind You to Value Yourself
33. “Prayer is the sign of your weakness. Rely on your inner strength. You will be the winner.” – Amit Ray
34. “You really have to look inside yourself and find your own inner strength, and say, ‘I’m proud of what I am and who I am, and I’m just going to be myself.’” – Mariah Carey
35. “Everything you need is within you, the strength, courage, and confidence to change your life. You just need to look within yourself and find it.” – Amanda Ray
36. “Beautify your inner dialogue. Beautify your inner world with love, light, and compassion. Life will be beautiful.” – Amit Ray
37. “For what it’s worth: it’s never too late to be whoever you want to be. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you find you’re not, I hope you have the strength to start over again.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
More Emotional Strength Quotes to Overcome Life’s Challenges
38. “When we meet real tragedy in life, we can react in two ways; either by losing hope and falling into self-destructive habits or by using the challenge to find our inner strength.” – Dalai Lama
39. “I do believe that when we face challenges in life that are far beyond our own power, it’s an opportunity to build on our faith, inner strength, and courage. I’ve learned that how we face challenges plays a big role in the outcome of them.” – Sasha Azevedo
40. “No matter what kind of challenges or difficulties or painful situations you go through in your life, we all have something deep within us that we can reach down and find the inner strength to get through them.” – Alana Stewart
How Do You Plan On Improving Your Emotional Strength?
With emotional strength, we’re able to keep our thoughts and feelings in good shape. We are also held in a positive headspace that promotes emotional stability. Without it, we would be unable to deal with our moods and likely isolate ourselves.
Also, having our emotions in good condition will allow us to pursue our goals and values that bring out our best. Despite hardships and struggles, emotional strength is what enables us to survive. Also, it keeps us going even when life puts us on our knees.
To improve your emotional strength, you need to face adverse situations and try to learn from them. But, simply facing them is not enough; you also have to have a positive mindset. Through it, you will have the determination and mental toughness you need to succeed.
With that, we hope these emotional strength quotes were able to help you go through struggles in life. Remember that you can succeed if you can handle your emotions well!