Read these Face/Off quotes we’ve gathered and ready yourself to get transported to this movie’s most intense and suspenseful scenes!
When action and sci-fi get mixed, you’re sure to be up for a fantastic movie that’ll keep you on your toes! All fans of Face/Off will know this feeling. In this movie, an FBI agent, Sean Archer, gets a face transplant to gain the identity of the criminal mastermind who killed his son.
Castor Troy was the homicidal sociopath who attempted to assassinate Archer. Sadly, Archer’s son was the one who lost his life. Sean Archer’s anger and hatred led him to try to assume Troy’s identity to end his vengeance once and for all.
By some unexpected surprise, Castor Troy wakes up to discover that his face is missing. He eventually gets Archer’s face and voice transplanted to him, and their chase continues! However, this time, it’s more confusing; we constantly ask: who’s who?
To know more about this unique plot, read the complete list below!
Best Face/Off Quotes
1. Sean Archer: “This is between us. Leave them out of it.”
Castor Troy: “No. You should have left them out of it. Your son was an accident. I wanted to kill you. But, you took it too personally. Why couldn’t you just kill yourself or let it go?”
Sean Archer: “No father could.”
Castor Troy: “No brother could either.”
Sasha Hassler: “Neither could a sister.”
2. “Lies, deceit, mixed messages—this is turning into a real marriage.” – Castor Troy
3. Castor Troy: “Sean, that hurts. You’re not having any fun, are you, Sean? Why don’t you join us? Try terrorism-for-hire, we can blow shit up, it’s more fun!”
Sean Archer: “Shut the fuck up!”
4. Castor Troy: “It’s like looking in a mirror, only not.”
Sean Archer: “Troy?”
Castor Troy: “Now that is between us. Okay?”
5. Castor Troy: “I don’t know what I hate wearing worse: your face or your body. I mean, I enjoy boning your wife, but let’s face it, we both like it better the other way, yes? So why don’t we trade back?”
Sean Archer: “You can’t give back what you’ve taken from me.”
Castor Troy: “Okay, then. Plan B, why don’t we just kill each other?”
Face/Off Quotes That’ll Add Some Thrill to Your Day
6. Dr. Malcolm Walsh: “What the hell is this?”
Castor Troy: “Doctor Walsh! I’m just enjoying some of your greatest hits here. I hope you don’t mind: I partook of a few of your groovy painkillers. Oh, bravo. Bra-fucking-vo. Oh god, this is excellent. Bravo!”
Dr. Malcolm Walsh: “What do you want?”
Castor Troy: “Take one goddamn guess!”
7. “Isn’t this religious? Ah, yes. The eternal battle between good and evil, saint and sinners. But you’re still not having any fun!” – Castor Troy
8. “No more drugs for that man.” – Dietrich Hassler
9. “Y’know, I could eat a peach for hours.” – Castor Troy
10. “Looks like you’re going to be in here for the next hundred years.” – Castor Troy
Suspenseful Face/Off Quotes to Read Today
11. “I hate to see you go, but I love to watch you leave.” – Castor Troy
12. “If you dress like Halloween, ghouls will try to get in your pants.” – Castor Troy
13. Castor Troy: “You’re not the only one in the family with the brains.”
Pollux Troy: “No, although now I am the only one with the looks.”
Castor Troy: “Touché.”
14. Castor Troy: “Sean Archer here; who’s calling?”
Sean Archer: “Well, if you’re Sean Archer, I guess I’m Castor Troy.”
Castor Troy: “Ah, yes.”
15. Castor Troy: “Wow. We have something in common. We both know our guns.”
Sean Archer: “What we don’t have in common, is that I don’t care if I live, and you do.”
16. Sean Archer: “Any word from the LAPD intelligence? If there is such a thing?”
Loomis: “Not yet, sir.”
Sean Archer: “Of course not, because we’re a covert anti-terrorist team that is so secret, that when we snap our fingers nothing happens!”
17. “You are right, Sean. I misbehaved. I have to be punished. But remember, every time when you look in the mirror, you’ll see my face.” – Castor Troy
18. “When all else fails, fresh tactics!” – Castor Troy
19. Castor Troy: “I’m coming in, Janie.”
Jamie Archer: “Janie?”
Castor Troy: “I don’t think you heard me, Jamie. You got something I crave.”
Jamie Archer: “Danielle left those here.”
Castor Troy: “I won’t tell mom if you don’t.”
Jamie Archer: “When did you start smoking?”
Castor Troy: “You’ll be seeing a lot of changes around here. Papa’s got a brand new bag.”
More Face/Off Quotes for Fans of Action and Sci-Fi Movies
20. “No daughter of mine would shoot so wide.” – Castor Troy
21. “I want to take his face off. Eyes, nose, skin, teeth. It’s coming off.” – Sean Archer
22. Sean Archer: “I’ve said and done some things that made your life hard; I know.”
Sasha Hassler: “How would you? When you left, you never looked back.”
Sean Archer: “I just know. Sasha, I’m not the same person you remember, and for what it’s worth, I’m sorry.”
23. Sean Archer: “Eve, listen to me. The man you think is your husband isn’t.”
Eve Archer: “Who is this?”
Sean Archer: “Listen. Take Jamie. Go to your mother’s. Don’t tell him where you’re going; just go!”
Eve Archer: “Whoever you are, don’t call again!”
24. Castor Troy: “It’s a capital crime to try to kill the next big boss of the FBI, yes?”
Sean Archer: “Yes. The penalty—the penalty is death!”
25. Eve Archer: “Well, Sean, I knew it was only a matter of time before you forgot where we lived.”
Castor Troy: “Come on, gimme a break; every house on this block looks the same.”
Do You Think Something Like a Complete Transplant Is Possible in Real Life?
Revenge is a scary thing. It can push us to paths we didn’t know we could ever try walking down on. Yet, like revenge, love is also something to fear, as it is the driving force of vengeance.
In the movie, if Sean Archer didn’t lose a person he loved, he wouldn’t go to extreme lengths, such as assuming the identity of his son’s killer. But, he loved his son with all he was and was willing to become the homicidal sociopath that is Castor Troy to get into his mind.
Face/Off is indeed anchored on action and sci-fi, but it is not without profound and relatable lessons on love, sacrifice, and vengeance. Imagine yourself in Sean Archer’s shoes. How far would you go, and what would you sacrifice to keep your loved ones close and happy?
With that, we hope we were able to help you gain new insights into what Face/Off truly is about. The next time you want some words packed with action, revisit this list! However, remember that this collection can also offer relatable words of wisdom regarding love and revenge.