Take a look at some of our favorite She’s the Man quotes that will take you back to your younger self!
She’s the Man is an entertaining movie loosely based on Shakespeare’s play, Twelfth Night. It follows the life of a teenage girl named Viola, who joined the school’s soccer team by pretending to be her brother.
Viola’s transition from a girl to a boy is a must-see, especially the brewing romance between her and her roommate, Duke. The movie also has a couple of humorous and hilarious scenes that most teens can surely relate to.
Aside from its strong relevance to teens, this movie covers an important and controversial issue in our society—gender equality. Teenager or not, if you’re a fan and looking for the best quotes from the movie, we have it all for you.
Continue reading here.
Best She’s the Man Quotes
1. “I can do this. I am a dude! I am a hunky dude! I’m a badass hunky dude!” – Viola
2. “Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.” – Duke
3. “Chew like you have a secret.” – Viola
4. “Heels are a male invention designed to make a woman’s butt look smaller. And to make it harder to run away.” – Viola
5. “Remember, inside every girl, there’s a boy.” – Paul
6. “Be a man. Suck it up and rub some dirt in it.” – Duke
She’s the Man Quotes That Will Teach Us Lessons in Life
7. “You know—it’s crazy how wrong you can be about a person—you think that they are one thing and then they turn out to be the exact opposite.” – Duke
8. “Sexual tension, male-female dynamics—all part of the high school experience.” – Principal Gold
9. “Shower shoes are to be worn at all times in the shower room except when in the actual shower. Did you not read your dorm life pamphlet?” – Malcolm
10. “I think our best chance to be great here today, is to have you play.” – Duke
11. “You don’t want to freak her out, you’ve got to have a casual conversation first, hello?” – Viola
12. “Ask me some questions and if the chemistry’s right, things will just start flowin’.” – Viola
13. “Just because you wear a wig, doesn’t mean you’re a girl.” – Duke
She’s the Man Quotes That Will Tickle Your Heart
14. “Just so you know, everything you told me when I was a guy, just made me like you so much more as a girl.” – Viola
15. “Well, you know maybe if I had known you were a girl, we wouldn’t have talked like we did, and got to know each other the same way. And that would’ve been a shame.” – Duke
16. “Well, a few days ago I kissed this girl at a kissing booth. And now, I just can’t seem to stop thinking about it.” – Duke
Relatable She’s the Man Quotes for Teenagers Worldwide
17. “I skipped a couple of grades. I’m brilliant. Shh.” – Viola
18. “I need your advice, man. I got lady troubles.” – Toby
19. “No man, if you wanna kiss her, you go right ahead and you kiss her! I mean, knock yourself out! You just take her, then kiss her. Then kiss the crap out of her!” – Viola
20. “Why, why do you always talk about girls in such graphic terms?” – Duke
21. “You don’t have to flirt with her first, okay, genius? You’re paying for it.” – Nine-year-old kid
22. “I did not cry during that game. I had something in my eye.” – Justin
23. “Quit blushing! That’s lame.” – Viola
24. “Okay, how come when I wanted to ask Eunice out everyone made fun of me, but then Sebastian likes her and suddenly she’s cool?” – Toby
25. “Dude, come on, you’re a guy. What would you do? If the hottest girl in school came to you and asked you on a date?” – Duke
26. “Look, I don’t know, I just always say the wrong—I just always say the wrong thing.” – Duke
Funny She’s the Man Quotes for a Brighter Day Ahead
27. “You stick it right in, it absorbs right up.” – Viola
28. Daphne: “He’s so handsome—and rugged—and chiseled—and great.”
Viola: “Then why don’t you date him, Mom?”
29. “Does he have your number? 1-800-BEYOTCH?” – Viola
30. “You know how it is. New school, new babe pool.” – Viola
31. “You’re an appealing guy—man—guy—guy man.” – Viola
32. Viola: “What does your heart tell you?”
Viola: “I mean—which one would you rather see naked?”
33. Toby: “She’s got a little something-something.”
Andrew: “Yeah—asthma and headgear.”
34. “Okay, why do you have tampons in your boot?” – Duke
35. “Oh my god! You’re roommate’s a freak!” – Andrew
Also read: Nacho Libre Quotes
Cheeky She’s the Man Quotes That You Will Love
36. “When I close my eyes, I see you for what you truly are—which is ugly!” – Viola
37. “Girls with asses like mine do not talk to boys with faces like yours.” – Monique
38. “What’re you gonna do? Drown me in your tears?” – Duke
39. “That’s right. Didn’t score on me last half, won’t score on this half! I’m a ninja. Ninja goalie.” – Justin
Short She’s the Man Quotes to Remember
40. “I got a lifetime of knowledge.” – Viola
41. “Why yes I do; my favorite’s gouda!” – Viola
42. “I’m allergic to the sun.” – Viola
43. “Fine. End of relationship.” – Viola
44. “Oh, for the love of Gods! It burns!” – Viola
45. “Beware of the old guy chewing gum. It’s not gum.” – Olivia
46. “So, uh, you play the beautiful game—bros—brothers—brethren?” – Viola
47. “You’re the guy—I’m the bigger guy.” – Viola
48. “I gotta go change my feet.” – Duke
49. “Beckham does it all the time.” – Viola
50. “Oh yeah, I’m growing sideburns now? No!” – Viola
Did the Quotes Take You Back to Your Teenage Years?
She’s the Man is a movie full of comedy and will surely give you a good hearty laugh. But, if you keep the humor out of it, it has a depth that can affect you on a deeper level.
The movie challenges the standard female generalizations by showing the world that women can achieve the things that society thinks only men can do. Viola did a great job at doing that since she emphasizes the fact that ladies don’t have to act feminine and weak to be categorized as real women.
No matter what gender we have, She’s the Man teaches us to be confident, brave, and to stay true to ourselves. Everyone is equal and must have an equal opportunity to pursue goals and dreams in life. It’s your job to be the master of your life!
So, be proud of yourself and be brave enough to reach for your dreams, no matter what they may be. With that, we hope that our collection was able to help you embrace both the good and the not-so-good sides of yourself.
Which of these quotes were most relevant to you? What did you learn from today’s collection? Feel free to join the discussion below.