If you want to think deeply about what’s happening in our world, these Huey Freeman quotes are perfect for you!
Huey Freeman is one of the main protagonists of the series, The Boondocks. His character was named after Huey P. Newton, one of the Black Panther Party’s founders. From the beginning, you’ll see how Huey Freeman is an intelligent Black revolutionary with a cynical outlook on life.
Most people misunderstand how he acts, mainly because he is rarely seen smiling and happy in the series. However, Huey is the most genuine and caring character in the series. He is just reserved when expressing his emotions, so the other characters don’t notice his kindness.
Huey Freeman’s journey will give us numerous lessons about politics, society, and philosophy. So, if you’re interested in these topics, read on!
Check the complete list below.
Best Huey Freeman Quotes
1. “What good is it for a man to gain the whole world yet lose his soul?”
2. “You can’t fight the future. Don’t waste your life trying.”
3. “Maybe there are forces in this universe we don’t understand. But I still believe we make our own miracles.”
4. “You do what you can to help people, and they make you wonder why you even bother.”
5. “Obi-Wan Kenobi once said, ‘Your eyes can deceive you, don’t trust them.’ It seems to be getting harder. Distinguishing reality from the illusions people make for us or the ones we make for ourselves. I don’t know, maybe that’s part of the plan—to make me think I’m crazy. It’s working.”
6. “Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, are you ready to see that vision?”
7. “I never prayed before. I don’t even know who I’m praying to. Maybe I’m too young to know what the world is supposed to be, but it is not supposed to be this. It can’t be this. So, please.”
Huey Freeman Quotes That’ll Inspire You
8. “The ancestors already bought and paid for our crown; all we have to do is wear it.”
9. “I want my people to be free! I will enlighten the masses! My voice will ring out across the globe and make a difference.”
10. “My knowledge of self shines boldly in the face of the Beast.”
11. “It’s time to rise. It’s time to walk the road of freedom. It’s time to throw off the yoke of oppression, break free the chains, and regain control of our destinies. It’s time for revolution.”
Short Huey Freeman Quotes for a Day Full of Wisdom
12. “He believed it was his love of hatred that kept him going.”
13. “Santa Claus is an Illuminati agent walking towards the new world order.”
14. “What is the point of talking if nobody ever learns.”
15. “It’s ain’t about luck, it’s about heart. Watch and learn how to be a real man.”
16. “I did battle with ignorance today; ignorance won.”
17. “Being the bigger man is overrated.”
More Huey Freeman Quotes to Remember
18. “What makes your God any less made than his?”
19. “I’m trying to explain to you that Ronald Reagan was the devil. Ronald Wilson Reagan? Each of his names has six letters. 6-6-6? Man, doesn’t that offend you?”
20. “Granddad, what do you do when you can’t do nothing, but there’s nothing you can do?”
Do You Think Huey Freeman Is Brave and Resolute?
We must admit that we can all relate to Huey Freeman’s journey. Like him, as we get older, we become more cynical and exposed to the world’s harsh realities. We learn that life is not as easy as we thought when we were just kids.
After all, being an adult means witnessing society’s cruelty and injustice. This is precisely what’s shown in the series, with Huey Freeman’s beliefs about politics and society contradicting others’. Yet, he never bent his principles and continued to fight for what he knew was right.
His transparency makes other people think that he is such a harsh person. But, behind his cold persona, Huey genuinely cares about the people around him and the betterment of the community.
The other characters from The Boondocks are also great, but no one will compare to the iconic Huey Freeman, who gives us a lot of insights into life. Don’t be shy if you have different beliefs because that makes you unique. Like Huey Freeman, always stand for what you believe is right!