Enjoy these Kehlani quotes that will uplift you and teach you about different aspects of life.
Kehlani Ashley Parrish is a singer, songwriter, and dancer known for being honest and outspoken in her music.
In a career where artists are constantly judged, she is an icon for those who want to stay authentic, free, and creative.
We all know what it feels like to be pressured to be someone you’re not because of people’s expectations.
That’s why seeing Kehlani in the field of music, standing up for herself and never changing her identity, is so refreshing to see.
Indeed, her attitude and beliefs encourage aspiring artists and people in general.
Moreover, there is a lot to learn from her music and stories that will definitely change your life! So, keep reading below to know more about her and her art.
Best Kehlani Quotes
1. “Everything hit me. Life can just change in a moment. You know what I’m saying? Life can be over in a moment. If you are blessed enough to come out of that, you have to take life by the reins and do this sh*t how you can design it.”
2. “Success to me is only two things: happiness and stability.”
3. “All the water in the world couldn’t sink a ship unless it got inside.”
4. “It don’t take a whole day to recognize sunshine.”
5. “You are what you choose to be. It’s not up to no one else, so be great, be kind.”
6. “I feel like I don’t really care about impressing other people. I thoroughly enjoy impressing myself.”
7. “I truly feel like wholeness can come from brokenness. We can find love in the most strange places.”
8. “Love is sight. Sight is love. Stay where you’re seen. It’s where you’re loved.”
9. “Choose yourself or lose yourself.”
10. “I used to think that love was giving up everything of yourself and giving it to the other person. Now, I’ve realized that love is when you have somebody that doesn’t make you give up half of yourself.”
11. “Stardom is a crazy thought. If that’s what my path is, then that’s where I’m excited to be headed towards.”
12. “I’ve always been a very young person with a very old soul.”
13. “Every day, it’s like a new problem arrives. Need to ground yourself, can’t afford to lose your mind.”
Meaningful Kehlani Quotes That’ll Change Your Life
14. “Yes, you are like the sun, so always shine bright.”
15. “As far as creation goes, you just really have to not overthink and just create and be confident. If you think it’s tight, then the world is going to think it’s tight.”
16. “I hang out with the right people, my friends that I’ve had since the beginning. We go to the beach, take walks, paint, see our family—just normal things that people who become famous lose sight of.”
17. “Don’t let them dim your light.”
18. “Ain’t nothin’ going to stop me from making it happen.”
19. “I deserve a love that is gonna last.”
20. “Observe, don’t absorb!”
Also read: Halsey Quotes
Kehlani Quotes That Are Packed With Wisdom
21. “Don’t speak on what you don’t know.”
22. “Everybody is on the ‘I’ll cross the bridge when it comes’ conversation. I don’t think anybody truly knows.”
23. “I’m growing in front of millions of people, openly, and it’s left for a lot of really f*cking confusing moments where I’ve questioned if I was doing something because it was how I felt or if it was what the public wanted me to do. I have a hard time separating those things. But I’m here now, and I can’t take any of it back, and there are more blessings than there are hardships.”
24. “A woman, like the sun, should always stay bright.”
25. “That hustle could kill you, yeah, you gotta be clever. It’s cool while you’re young, but you can’t do it forever.”
26. “Sex is biological, but gender is mental.”
Kehlani Quotes to Gain Insight Into Love and Relationships
27. “Give me your heart, and I hold it. Show me your soul, and I’ll mold it.”
28. “We’ve got this synergy. Your soul feels close.”
29. “I know sometimes I do a little much, I know sometimes you got a little problem with your trust, but that’s love, baby.”
30. “All that glitters isn’t gold. I was blinded. Should have never gave you my heart on consignment.”
31. “This thing we got is crazy. Only thing I know is you’re my baby. Forever down, I am your lady. Always for sure, never a maybe.”
32. “If this is the way it is, don’t even put me through it. I’m quick to cut it off. If you don’t believe, I’ll do it.”
33. “Crazy how a person you love could just change.”
34. “I’m not sayin’ that you incomplete, but just imagine what we’d be if we became one. You deserve someone that’ll take you to another level.”
35. “Maybe it’s about what we think we deserve. There are two different kinds of toxic relationships. One’s toxic, and you’re just f*cking with it because you’re still down with it. And then there’s the other kind, like, you actually have no idea until something happens, and then, you look at the whole thing like, ‘Oh, damn. This might be bad.’ Toxic sh*t can be very fun. That’s partly why it’s so toxic.”
Kehlani Quotes for Everyone Who Loves Her Music
36. “I was seeing the effects of what music can do—how it can be healing and beautiful and bring people joy, but on the flip side, there was this ugliness. I saw the greed and the he-mans that were willing to f*ck over children.”
37. “My views kind of got lost because being in love with the art itself went away. When you have to focus on putting something out that’s so intentional every time, you almost lose the pure intentions that come through when you’re just creating. I think I’ve grown in the way that I’ve let my emotional self take over as the writer. Just writing more freely. That’s the biggest growth for me.”
38. “I think, as musicians, our music should be who we are. Sometimes it’s not. It’s someone else’s. All heartfelt music and all honest music, it’s who we are. Of course, our upbringing has everything to do with it.”
39. “You start singing by singing what you hear. So everyone, when they first start singing, they naturally are singing like whatever they’re hearing, because that’s the only way you learned how to sing. So when I was growing up on Lauryn Hill, when I started singing her songs, I literally trained my voice to be able to do runs.”
40. “I used to be overly inspirational, and I don’t say that as a bad thing, but that was something I strived to do in the studio all the time, to be very purposeful in every song: message, message, message.”
41. “My biggest role model right now is Beyoncé, just ’cause she is a very, very strong, powerful woman, and that’s obviously the number one reason to be inspired by her. She is just killing every game there is to kill.”
42. “I think writing and singing go together, but I treat them as two separate careers because I write for others. If I’m writing for myself, I prefer to be with the producer. And then we can vibe out and throw ideas back and forth, and I’ll basically let the producer play me a bunch of beats until I vibe with one.”
43. “Me being so open just helps other people. People feel like they know me so much that they can talk to me all of the time about really personal things. Sometimes, it’s really nice and comforting. It depends on the person, whether they’re creepy or not.”
44. “Even though touring is such a great source of joy, I feel like there are so many more essential things that need to be brought back and fully figured out before we throw thousands of people in a room to get sweaty and stand inches away from each other.”
45. “There are girls that grew up like me and even worse, and they need to know that there is someone out there that can give them hope with my music. It’s about inspiring people and helping people.”
46. “I think most people don’t know that I really write everything myself. No help. There’s nobody in the studio except for me and the engineer. A lot of people don’t think I’m a singer. They think I’m a rapper.”
More Kehlani Quotes That Prove How Cool She Is
47. “I really hate finding out people that show love really be talking crazy behind the scenes. B*tch, buck up and hate me with your chest.”
48. “Did not want me to win, but now, they’re proud.”
49. “Unexpected, but I’m worth it.”
50. “I’m at that point where I was able to make a decision on if it was time to follow my goals that are bigger than music, which is service to the community.”
Did These Kehlani Quotes Inspire You to Be More Vulnerable and Open?
Music is one of the most effective forms of art that connects people. It helps us get in touch with our emotions and encourages us to heal and be vulnerable.
One of the reasons people like Kehlani’s songs is how raw and relatable they are. Somehow, listening to her or even just reading her lyrics helps us figure out what we really feel. In more ways than one, she shows us that it is okay to embrace ourselves and what we’re going through.
Many of us are taught that showing our emotions is a sign of weakness. But, in reality, it proves our strength because no matter how painful life is, we choose to continue.
So, we hope that these quotes were able to help you get in touch with your true self. Never be afraid to be honest. Embrace who you are and share it with the world.
Which Kehlani quote is your favorite? Are you her fan? Comment below!