These SZA quotes will inspire you to spread good vibes and compassion, wherever you may be!
SZA, also known as Solána Imani Rowe, is a singer and songwriter famous for her neo soul style.
She released music that topped charts and received Grammy nominations because of her unraveling lyrics.
Despite her great success and popularity, SZA remained to express her authentic self.
The pressure of pleasing people did not get to her, and instead, it only encouraged her to expose her real self and feelings.
Through her works, she teaches and inspires us to never compromise our identities in achieving our dreams and goals.
Indeed, SZA is an inspiration in the field of music and life in general. So, don’t miss out on the meaningful quotes we’ve compiled for you!
Read the entire collection below to learn more about SZA.
Let’s get started.
And don’t forget to check out these Summer Walker quotes and Kehlani quotes.
Best SZA Quotes
1. “It starts with trusting yourself, even if people are telling you you’re too young to trust yourself.”
2. “I don’t have any control over what actually happens except for that I have full control over my will for myself, my intention, and why I’m there. That’s all that matters.”
3. “I want to excel at something, to follow through, to not be afraid.”
4. “Don’t get discouraged with your skin when it doesn’t do what you want it to do. Give it some time. That’s the only way to get to know yourself.”
5. “Control is not real, and I’m really understanding that every day. It’s about the acceptance of relinquishing control that makes it powerful for you.”
6. “I think we all do. I think we wonder if we’re supposed to be here. If we’re doing the right thing, if we even want to be here. At least, I do all the time.”
7. “As long as you’re being honest and there’s intention in what you’re doing, then I think that energy permeates your field and becomes like a homing signal for other people with like energies.”
8. “Keep your intentions pure, don’t be scared, don’t mince words.”
9. “I don’t want to speak negativity into existence.”
10. “Love me even if it rains. Love me even if it pains you.”
11. “Searching for peace be like fishing for water.”
12. “Maybe I should kill my inhibition, maybe I’ll perfect in a new dimension.”
Wise SZA Quotes to Live By
13. “All that’s for real is forever.”
14. “I learned everything the hard way. Like, literally, everything. I know that God does that to people that He has lessons for. I just wish that I had learned less extreme lessons.”
15. “Take me to reality and drag me to the truth.”
16. “In the real world, I kind of, like, thrived a little bit. The things that were awkward about me at school, like being hyper passionate. I realized, ‘Oh, I’m my own person, and I have my own idiosyncrasies and nuances that I don’t mind.'”
17. “You can take care of your body, and it will lowkey show you respect in turn.”
18. “New love is simple and old love is fragile.”
19. “Forgive as much as you hate.”
20. “Keep your feet firmly planted in the sky.”
21. “To be real is to be real.”
22. “Promise to get a little better as I get older.”
23. “I feel like when you say ‘activist,’ you have to have so much clarity, and I don’t always necessarily have so much clarity on how I want to help others. I just have this weird, deep urge to help other people. I’m trying to let God guide my body and use it as whatever kind of vehicle or vessel it needs to be.”
Also read: Jhene Aiko Quotes, Megan Thee Stallion Quotes
Short SZA Quotes That Are Full of Positivity
24. “Good day in my mind, safe to take a step out, get some air now, let your edge out.”
25. “In one way, I want to heal people.”
26. “I have an abundant amount of love in my life, and I’m grateful for that.”
27. “I just make music however I feel and pray that it connects, and if it does, I’m super thankful. I think genres are more for other people, not for yourself.”
28. “I feel good being a Black woman. I’ve always felt good.”
29. “Only loving energy, please, don’t surround me if you covet.”
30. “I’m onto new things, new sounds, new feels, new times, and you old news.”
31. “I make bad decisions frequently. They’re fun.”
Also read: Doja Cat Quotes, Saweetie Quotes
SZA Quotes That Will Have Your Mind Reeling
32. “Why I can’t stay alone just by myself? Wish I was comfortable just with myself.”
33. “I’m never going back, never going back. You can’t make me.”
34. “All the while, I’ll await my armored fate with a smile.”
35. “It made me feel good for temporary love. You was a temporary lover.”
36. “Let me cover your shit in glitter. I can make it gold.”
37. “But memories keep coming back, all the nights that we used to laugh.”
38. “Why is it so hard to accept the party is over?”
39. “Why you bother me when you know you don’t want me?”
40. “Bring the gin, got the juice, bring the sin, got that too.”
41. “Gotta get right, trying to free my mind before the end of the world.”
SZA Quotes That Will Teach You About Her Life
42. “It’s so hard for me to focus on things for a long time that I’m not incredibly passionate about.”
43. “How many thick Black women are there singing whatever I’m singing, surrounded by rappers, but also from the suburbs? I can’t really judge someone else for judging me!”
44. “Wearing a hijab never made me feel any more conservative. It made me feel safe. Then, after 9/11, I became the butt of a joke on the playground, so I stopped wearing it. Kids can be really cruel when you’re the only Black girl in your Girl Scout troop.”
45. “I don’t think I’m inherently feminist. I think the universe wants me to be a feminist, and I think I resonate with that. I think it just chose me to be this female energy thing. And I’m very drawn to female energy, but I don’t really have any prerequisites in feminism. I just roll with it.”
46. “I’m a Scorpio with a Pisces moon. I am very critical of myself. I’m actually way less critical of others than I am of myself. I’m in my own head a lot. It’s hard and really discouraging.”
47. “We’re changing little girls’ lives across the world, and we didn’t even know what we were doing when we started.”
48. “I used to be very revenge-motivated, but that’s just because I’m a Scorpio. Now I’m more so, like, practice honesty just because it makes you feel better.”
49. “My anxiety stems from my lack of control no matter what.”
50. “I love empowering women. I think it’s crazy. If you ever try to belittle women, you’re playing yourself. I ride with whoever rides with me.”
SZA Quotes to Understand Her Music Better
51. “Music is my form of cleansing and introspection, so I have to grow in order to accomplish it.”
52. “I think music is honest and will make you do honest things.”
53. “My music is touching people in whatever spaces they need to be touched in.”
More SZA Quotes for All Her Fans
54. “Honesty hurts when you’re gettin’ older.”
55. “Living as a unicorn gets so lonely.”
56. “Promise I won’t cry over spilled milk. Gimme a paper towel, gimme another Valium. Gimme another hour or two, an hour with you.”
57. “I worry that I wasted the best of me on you, babe.”
58. “Desperately yearning to accept it’s all as it should be.”
59. “I live in my imagination, so sometimes, movies help me get lost. I feel like I’m in it.”
60. “Out of my way, you out of pocket, need clear vision.”
Did These SZA Quotes Change the Way You Perceive Life?
SZA’s popularity came from her soulful voice and catchy lyrics. However, what really draws people’s attention to her music is how incredibly wise and positive it is.
Most people can relate to the fear of losing control when dealing with hardships. Because of these thoughts, we struggle every day to maintain our peace and enjoy life’s simplest things. SZA teaches us to let go of the things we don’t have any control over and let positivity naturally flow in our lives.
We’re sure these SZA quotes were able to inspire you to shift your perspective about the things in your life. Remember to be yourself and keep living life fully through these quotes.
What did you learn from these SZA quotes? Are you a fan of hers? Comment below!