These Halsey quotes will give you a deeper glimpse into the life of one of the most diverse and talented artists of the century!
Halsey is most known for rising to fame through her self-released music on various social media platforms.
She was confident in her work and talent and had a passion for music—things that eventually got her signed into a label.
But, what most people don’t know about her is that she had a troubled past.
Her youth was chaotic, and she felt trapped by her environment and state of mind. She wrote and sang about these things, making her seem more human and relatable.
So, if you want to know more about her, her experiences, and the lessons she learned, check out this list of Halsey quotes.
Read through to the end and find quotes that’ll change your life!
Best Halsey Quotes
1. “People are so afraid of talking about real things, but they are experiences that everyone goes through.”
2. “Stop comparing yourself to others. You can be the most beautiful rose, and some jerk will still say they prefer daisies.”
3. “There’s power in the words you’re thinking.”
4. “I have to remember, for every kid saying something awful, there’s a kid saying something great.”
5. “The environment around you shapes who you are. How you handle an emergency or how you react when someone is rude to you, that’s you.”
6. “I’m a human, and I’m multidimensional. If I was the perfect form of anything, I’d be boring. If I was a free spirit all the time, I would be boring; I would lack depth. If I was dark and enigmatic all the time, then I would lack relatability.”
7. “At the end of the day, every decision I make about my music is about creating a collective.”
8. “People that I have brought in where I am now, they haven’t worked the way that we have, they haven’t lost the sleep, and you know, the blood, sweat, and tears.”
9. “Many people say, ‘Wow! This world is—it’s around me.’ And that’s definitely not the case. It’s the exact opposite. These people don’t exist for you, you do exist for them.”
10. “I wake up every day wild-eyed and spongy, trying to do things better than the last time.”
Famous Halsey Quotes
11. “I’m not something to butter up and taste when you get bored.”
12. “If there’s a light at the end, it’s just the sun in your eyes.”
13. “It doesn’t matter how many private jets you take, how much money you make, how famous you get, keep putting in the hours.”
14. “Being bisexual, being bipolar, being biracial—it’s been used to define me, but I am desperate to be indefinable.”
15. “You can expect nothing in being a musician, and you have to be just very thankful every time it goes positively for you.”
Halsey Quotes About Love
16. “Sometimes, the heart is deceiving.”
17. “I’m bad at love, but you can’t blame me for tryin’.”
18. “My love is yours if you’re willing to take it.”
19. “Am I in love with you? Or am I in love with the feeling?”
20. “Sorry that I can’t believe that anybody ever really starts to fall in love with me.”
21. “I miss the memories replaying in my head; I miss the thought of a forever, you and me.”
22. “‘Cause I can sometimes treat the people that I love like jewelry.”
23. “I almost gave you everything. And now the whole thing’s finished.”
Also read: True Love Quotes
Halsey Quotes That Are Filled With Lessons
24. “So many people are concerned with being the perfect ‘something.’”
25. “And it was on my first day on Earth that I realized I didn’t measure up, and I never would.”
26. “We need a feminism that is not negligent of women of color, trans women, queer women. We need a feminism that protects all women. Globally.”
27. “Be a voice for all those who have prisoner tongues.”
28. “You can be accessible without catering to an audience.”
29. “A beautiful woman is a car crash. Shiny asphalt and smoking rubber. Melted plastic and metal edges. Glimmering glass shrapnel iridescence scattered across the road. Haphazard beauty. Dignified and slightly terrifying.”
30. “We can do anything if we put our minds to it. Take your whole life, then you put a line through it.”
Meaningful Halsey Quotes to Think About
31. “I don’t need anyone. I just need everyone and then some.”
32. “What happened to the soul that you used to be?”
33. “I’m half of everything I hate and half of everything I create.”
34. “I am familiar with the villains that live in my head.”
35. “They can break our hearts. They won’t take our souls.”
Short Halsey Quotes That Live in Our Heads Rent-Free
36. “The truth hurts, but secrets kill.”
37. “You’ve got a fire inside, but your heart’s so cold.”
38. “My demons are begging me to open up my mouth.”
39. “The warning signs can feel like they’re butterflies.”
40. “I’m searching for something that I can’t reach.”
41. “You’re ripped at every edge, but you’re a masterpiece.”
Halsey Quotes to Know More About Her
42. “I’m standing in the ashes of who I used to be.”
43. “I’m tired and angry, but somebody should be.”
44. “I can’t help this awful energy. God damn right, you should be scared of me.”
45. “I’m no sweet dream, but I’m a hell of a night.”
46. “How strange to write about ‘having’ when for so long I’ve drawn inspiration only from longing?”
47. “There’s a booming, rotating, never sleeping city in the center of my brain, and nobody can come in, and I can’t escape. I have a strange sense of pride that my brain works that way, but I’m also terrified of what would happen if I ever tried to think in another way.”
48. “Sick of all these people talking, sick of all this noise. Tired of all these cameras flashing, sick of being poised.”
49. “I can’t remember what it’s like to face a mirror And not hate the person staring back at me.”
50. “It can be difficult going through a period of time where you feel depressed because it can become your identifier. In the sense that you wake up, you’re depressed; you talk to your friends, you’re complaining that you’re depressed; you talk to your parents, and you’re unmotivated. You know what you could do to try to overcome it—although obviously there’s no cure—but you start to feel like, ‘What will happen to me if I feel better? Who am I when I’m happy? I’m so used to feeling like this.'”
Halsey Quotes That Talk About Her Career
51. “The 20 minutes of joy I get out of writing a song doesn’t compare to the 2 months of joy I get engaging with the people who like my music.”
52. “Everything that I hate about myself goes away when I was onstage.”
53. “As a songwriter, pop music really is a love and a joy and a science.”
54. “When you’re an artist, you’re expected to describe yourself in interviews every day in five words.”
55. “In a city, there’s more room to be; where in a small town, you have to squish yourself down a little bit. And it’s exciting for me to be pursuing a career where I don’t have to be small.”
More Halsey Quotes for All Her Fans
56. “Even if you can’t relate to what I’m singing, I hope you can believe in it and see it as something that is real.”
57. “All we do is drive. All we do is think about the feelings that we hide.”
58. “I wear my personality on my sleeve, for sure, and my look is constantly changing because so am I.”
59. “That’s one thing the musicians don’t remember: you don’t choose your demographic—they choose you.”
60. “If I am who I am—I’m provocative, candid, and androgynous; there’s nothing I can do that will make any fan think, ‘I didn’t expect that from her.’”
Can You Relate to Halsey and Her Past Experiences?
There are times when we feel like we’re drowning in pain and struggle. Though not ideal, this is perfectly normal to experience and go through. In fact, even some of the most famous and successful people go through the same thing—just like Halsey.
She might have made some wrong decisions and taken the wrong steps, but the only important thing is that she learned from her mistakes. She acknowledged that ending her life wasn’t a solution to anything. Instead, she had to work hard to find a breakthrough for herself.
With this newfound mindset, she rose to the top and achieved happiness. Through each step of her journey, she was open and shared with people her real experiences—all the pain, sadness, despair, and happy parts, too!
Through Halsey, we learn that life is not linear, nor would it be easy to tackle. What you think is what you will become, so always strive to focus on the positive.
With that, we hope we were able to improve your mindset when it comes to authenticity, acceptance, and self-worth. Remember to love yourself and your passions, as these are the things that will bring you contentment in the long run!