Read these letting go quotes we’ve compiled and identify who or what you should treasure and keep in your life!
It goes without saying that there are things worth fighting for in life. Sadly, before we get them sorted out, we first have to face and encounter things not worth our time, effort, and care.
This goes for many aspects of life, especially love, relationships, and even our careers. There are many things we should not dwell on, but it’s understandable if you can’t identify them that easily.
The good news is we’ve compiled the best letting go quotes that will provide helpful advice on identifying people or things you should say goodbye to. It’s hard to accept that some things aren’t meant to be part of your life.
But, rest assured that once you’ve healed and moved on from them, you’ll discover a more beautiful side to life! So, don’t miss out on the most relevant letting go quotes below that will help you move forward!
Best Letting Go Quotes
1. “Letting go isn’t a one-time thing; it’s something you have to do every day, over and over again.” – Dawson’s Creek
2. “You will find that it is necessary to let things go, simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go; let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” – C. Joybell C.
3. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” – Herman Hesse
4. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” – Steve Maraboli
5. “By accepting the process of letting go, we make people and things that we can’t stay with forever a part of our history.” – Dr. Prem Jagyasi
6. “Let go of something old that no longer serves you to make room for something new.” – Roy T. Bennett
7. “Letting go may sound so simple, but rarely is it a one-time thing. Just keep letting go, until one day it’s gone for good.” – Eleanor Brownn
Let Go Quotes on Moving on and Healing
8. “You only struggle because you’re ready to grow but aren’t willing to let go.” – Drew Gerald
9. “Why let go of yesterday? Because yesterday has already let go of you.” – Steve Maraboli
10. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.” – Steve Maraboli
11. “The beautiful journey of today can only begin when we learn to let go of yesterday.” – Steve Maraboli
12. “Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.” – Ann Landers
13. “You must be strong enough to know that love will come to you when you are ready. You must be strong enough to know when to say goodbye, and know that letting go is not weak.” – Marisa Donnelly
14. “To let go does not mean to get rid of. To let go means to let be. When we let be with compassion, things come and go on their own.” – Jack Kornfield
Eye-Opening Quotes About Letting Go
15. “I realize there’s something incredibly honest about trees in winter—how they’re experts at letting things go.” – Jeffrey McDaniel
16. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need.” – Tao Te Ching
17. “Sometimes the only way to get a grip is by learning to let go.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
18. “The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.” – Steve Maraboli
19. “At some point, you gotta let go, and sit still, and allow contentment to come to you.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
20. “There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this.” – Terry Pratchett
21. “Life is like a river. If you cannot let go of the past, it will drag you down the stream.” – Amit Ray
22. “To let go is to release the images and emotions, the grudges and fears, the clingings and disappointments of the past that bind our spirit.” – Jack Kornfield
23. “All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on.” – Henry Havelock Ellis
24. “Sometimes letting things go is an act of far greater power than defending or hanging on.” – Eckhart Tolle
Let It Go Quotes That’ll Help You Leave the Past Behind
25. “Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness.” – Thích Nhất Hạnh
26. “Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.” – Mandy Hale
27. “You can’t possibly embrace that new relationship, that new companion, that new career, that new friendship, or that new life you want, while you’re still holding on to the baggage of the last one. Let go, and allow yourself to embrace what is waiting for you right at your feet.” – Steve Maraboli
28. “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” – Steve Maraboli
29. “If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him or her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.” – C. JoyBell C.
30. “Letting go is the willingness to change your beliefs in order to bring more peace and joy into your life instead of holding onto beliefs that bring pain and suffering.” – Hal Tipper
31. “Once you realize you deserve a bright future, letting go of your dark past is the best choice you will ever make.” – Roy T. Bennett
32. “If you want to fly in the sky, you need to leave the Earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go of the past that drags you down.” – Amit Ray
Short Letting Go Quotes for a Positive Mindset
33. “Dare to live by letting go.” – Tom Althouse
34. “Letting go is also a matter of self-worth.” – Efrat Cybulkiewicz
35. “There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.” – Jessica Hatchigan
36. “The art of letting go is art in its purest form.” – Meredith Pence
37. “Sometimes letting go is braver than holding on until you break.” – Rebekah Crane
38. “The only real battle in life is between hanging on and letting go.” – Shannon L. Alder
39. “The world belongs to those who let go.” – Tao Te Ching
40. “Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.” – Jackson Kiddard
Letting Go Quotes for Him and Her
41. “Letting go is not getting rid of memories. Memories will stay; they always do. Letting go is making sure that the pain associated with the memories goes away.” – Arti Honrao
42. “Time doesn’t heal emotional pain; you need to learn how to let go.” – Roy T. Bennett
43. “I think that you never fall out of love with somebody; you just let go and move on.” – Ashley Rickards
44. “If you didn’t love him, this never would have happened. But you did. And accepting that love and everything that followed it is part of letting it go.” – Sarah Dessen
45. “One of the simplest ways to stay happy is letting go of the things that make you sad.” – Anonymous
Letting Go Quotes for Everyone in a Relationship
46. “Sometimes love means letting go when you want to hold on tighter.” – Melissa Marr
47. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
48. “There ain’t no way you can hold onto something that wants to go, you understand? You can only love what you got while you got it.” – Kate DiCamillo
49. “It is by giving the freedom to the other, that is by letting go, we gain our own freedom back.” – Aleksandra Ninkovic
50. “When you loved someone and had to let them go, there will always be that small part of yourself that whispers, ‘What was it that you wanted, and why didn’t you fight for it?’” – Shannon L. Alder
More Letting Go Quotes to Help You Accept Reality
51. “In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” – Deepak Chopra
52. “Sometimes you hold on to what’s left; sometimes you let go to start afresh.” – Sanhita Baruah
53. “Letting go helps us to live in a more peaceful state of mind and helps restore our balance. It allows others to be responsible for themselves and for us to take our hands off situations that do not belong to us. This frees us from unnecessary stress.” – Melody Beattie
54. “Sometimes, you have to let things go. Sometimes, you have to stop caring for a minute.” – Trina Etmanskie
55. “Many of us refuse to let go, and we spend our lives fighting battles we will not win.” – Paul David Tripp
Did These Quotes Push You to Let Go and Move On From Things Detrimental to Your Well-Being?
Saying goodbye to someone we poured all our love into is hard. In the same way, it’s also challenging to turn away from things you initially thought you’d enjoy or help you achieve more.
Although this is the case, know that it’s much harder to continue living life shackled by things and people who hurt you. It’ll hurt in the beginning, but just trust the process of letting go.
Letting go of someone or something you love is a normal part of life. We all go through this, and you’ll never be alone.
As we’ve learned from the quotes above, it’s time to let go when you are starting to get insecure or uncomfortable with your relationship with others. Having your feelings be invalidated by others is also another sign that it’s time to let go and move on.
Even if you’re alone, don’t be scared. You’re given amazing resilience and strength to accomplish anything you put your heart and soul into!
Once you’ve fully healed, people who will genuinely love you for who you are will find their way to you. So, until then, remember the lessons you’ve learned from the letting go quotes above and never allow someone or something to be an obstacle to your happiness!