Check out this list of missing you quotes if you’re longing to see and hold the person you love!
In any relationship—romantic, familial, between friends, or otherwise—we can’t avoid being separated because of different circumstances.
It might be because of our busy lives or even the distance.
But, in one way or another, we’re left with no choice but to separate or lose touch.
However, we shouldn’t let time or distance break the bonds we’ve built with people.
They’ll know you’ve kept them in your heart if you send them a simple “I miss you” text or message. Through this, we keep the love and bond alive.
Some people may be vocal about their feelings, but others are not.
Thankfully, we have a list of missing you quotes that will give you the boost you need to send a quick note of love to your sweetheart, family, or friends.
Scroll through to the end and find your favorites!
Continue to the list below.
Best Missing You Quotes
1. “I miss you in ways that not even words can understand.” – Gemma Troy
2. “Love is missing someone whenever you’re apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you’re close in heart.” – Kay Knudsen
3. “You know someone is very special to you when days just don’t seem right without them.” – John Cena
4. “Thinking of you every second, minute, hour, day, is medication to my illness of missing you.” – Zawad Karim
5. “Whenever I miss you, I look at my heart. Because it’s the only place I can find you.” – Kaushal Singh
6. “If I could plant a flower for every time I miss you, I could walk through my garden forever.” – Anonymous
7. “Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.” – Lamartine
8. “I miss your voice because it is a symphony; your scent because it is a treasure; your smile because it is a jewel; your hug because it is a masterpiece; and your kiss because it is a miracle.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
9. “You can love someone so much, but you can never love people as much as you can miss them.” – John Green
10. “They say that time heals all wounds but all it’s done so far is give me more time to think about how much I miss you.” – Anonymous
Famous Quotes About Missing Someone
11. “Missing someone and not being able to see them is the worst feeling ever.” – Anonymous
12. “You know you really miss someone when you crave something so simple such as the sound of their voice.” – Anonymous
13. “It’s strange how many ways there are to miss someone. You miss the things they did and who they were, but you also miss who you were to them. The way everything you said and did was beautiful or entertaining or important. How much you mattered.” – Robin Roe
14. “Missing someone enlightens how the person means to you and broadens the feelings shared.” – Unarine Ramaru
15. “Missing someone is a part of loving them. If you’re never apart, you’ll never really know how strong your love is.” – Helen Fielding
16. “When we miss someone, often, what we really miss is the part of us that with this someone awakens.” – Luigina Sgarro
17. “Missing someone is your heart’s way of reminding you that you love them.” – Anonymous
18. “When you miss someone, it’s weird. Your body doesn’t function normally as it should. Because I miss you, and my heart—it’s not steady. My soul—it sings numb. Fingers are cold—like you, your soul.” – Coco J. Ginger
19. “How you can already miss someone when you are in the same room with them, I have no idea. But I do.” – Karen Harrington
20. “Missing someone isn’t about how long since you’ve seen them or the amount of time you’ve talked to them. It’s about that very moment when you’re doing something and wishing they were right there with you.” – Anonymous
Missing You Quotes for Your Sweetheart
21. “I miss you every second of every minute, every minute of every hour, every hour of every day.” – Shanece
22. “Time goes by a lot slower when you miss the one you love.” – Anonymous
23. “I miss you more than the sun misses the sky at night.” – Taylor Swift
24. “Poets use countless words to describe their pain, but I only need three: I miss you.” – Caroline George
25. “Words can’t describe the ache that runs through my body when I’m missing you.” – Anonymous
26. “Hearing the words, ‘I miss you,’ from the right person is an amazing feeling.” – Anonymous
27. “Someone asked me if I missed you. I didn’t answer. I just closed my eyes and walked away and whispered, ‘So much.’” – Anonymous
28. “I heard someone whisper your name. When I turned around to see who it was, I found myself alone. Then I knew, it was my heart missing you.” – Anonymous
29. “I miss you like the sun misses the flowers, like the sun misses the flowers in the depths of winter, instead of beauty to direct its light to, the heart hardens like the frozen world which your absence has banished me to.” – A Knight’s Tale
30. “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.” – Edna St Vincent Millay
Missing You Quotes for Him
31. “If I miss you any harder, my heart might come looking for you.” – Gemma Troy
32. “A hug for you means I need you. A kiss for you means I love you. A call for you means I’m missing you.” – Beth Obedoza
33. “I’ve missed you every single day we weren’t together since the moment I met you.” – Colleen Hoover
34. “I miss everything about him. I miss the talks that we used to have. I miss his friendship, his smile, and his kindness. But most of all, I miss his love.” – Annette Evans
Missing You Quotes for Her
35. “I miss you a little. A little too much, a little too often, and a little bit more every day.” – John Michael Montgomery
36. “I miss you and I want to be with you. It’s as simple and as complicated as that.” – Charles Bukowski
37. “I miss you deeply, unfathomably, senselessly, terribly.” – Franz Kafka
38. “The pain of missing you is a beautiful reminder of the joy of loving you.” – Dean Jackson
39. “Yes, the nights are the worst part of missing you. Too much time and not enough to keep me occupied. So my thoughts travel to you, to missing you.” – Donald D. Grasham
40. “He kisses me like he misses me, even before I have to go.” – C.J. Carlyon
41. “Missing you comes in waves, and tonight I’m drowning.” – Chris Young
42. “There’s solace in the thought that I will never finish missing her.” – Jim Crace
43. “For when the cold winds blow, I will close my eyes calmly knowing I am anchored to you.” – Tyler Knott Gregson
44. “But I must admit, I miss you quite terribly. The world is too quiet without you nearby.” – Lemony Snicket
Short Quotes About Missing Your Partner
45. “I only miss you when I’m breathing.” – Jason Derulo
46. “I love you past the moon and miss you beyond the stars.” – JmStorm
47. “But nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.” – Calla Quinn
48. “I started missing you the moment you said goodbye.” – Anonymous
49. “Have you ever missed someone so much you feel physically sick?” – Anonymous
50. “I did three things today—miss you, miss you, and miss you.” – Anonymous
51. “I pretend to ignore you, but I really just miss you.” – Anonymous
52. “His eyes missed her as much as the rest of him.” – Rainbow Rowell
53. “I would prefer to be kissing you rather than missing you.” – Anonymous
Sweet Missing You Quotes to Express What You Truly Feel
54. “Missing you is my hobby, caring for you is my job, making you happy is my duty, and loving you is my life.” – Anonymous
55. “My world is thinning and it’s all because of one person I’m missing.” – Sanober Khan
56. “I miss you when something really good happens because you are the one I want to share it with.” – Anonymous
57. “And they can’t understand what hurts more—missing the other person, or pretending not to.” – Khadija Rupa
58. “I think of you with every waking moment of my life and dream of you with every dream that I have; I miss you.” – Kong Moua
59. “After all the time that has passed, I still find myself missing you every minute of each hour, each hour in a day, every single day of each week, every week of the month, and every month of the year.” – Anonymous
60. “My heart never knew loneliness until you went away. I’m missing you.” – Anonymous
61. “I miss those kisses and the way I used to sleep in your warm hug. I miss the way you made me eat breakfast and I miss the way you made me laugh. I miss you.” – Himmilicious
Missing You Quotes That Everyone Can Relate To
62. “The scary thing about distance is you don’t know whether they’ll miss you or forget you.” – Nicholas Sparks
63. “They say that time heals all wounds but all it’s done so far is give me more time to think about how much I miss you.” – Elizabeth Wilder
64. “I miss our conversations. I miss how we used to talk every minute of every day and How I was able to tell you everything that was on my mind.” – Anonymous
65. “You realize how much you truly miss someone when something happens, good or bad, and the only person you want to tell is the one person who isn’t there.” – Anonymous
66. “You never really stop missing someone—you just learn to live around the huge gaping hole of their absence.” – Alyson Noel
Missing Quotes for Friends
67. “There are friendships imprinted in our hearts that will never be diminished by time and distance.” – Dodinsky
68. “I miss you. Not in some cheesy, ‘Let’s hold hands and be together forever kind of way.’ I just miss you, plain and simple. I miss your presence in my life. I miss you always being there for me. I miss you best friend.” – Anonymous
69. “No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” – Robert Southey
70. “I am proud to call you my best friend and it doesn’t matter what happens in life, I can always count on you. I am feeling blessed thanks to you. I miss my best friend very much.” – Anonymous
71. “True friends are never apart. Maybe in distance, but never in heart.” – Helen Keller
72. “There should be a little gap between you and your friends, though you’ll miss their companionship and you’ll also miss their disrespect.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
Quotes About Missing Your Family
73. “I miss my family. It hurts not having them close, but it would hurt even more if I didn’t have them at all.” – Anonymous
74. “Remembering our loved ones is breathing life into their fading images, that we might once more see their faces and pass along a tearful, ‘I miss you.’” – Richelle E. Goodrich
75. “It’s hard when you miss people. But you know if you miss them, that means you’re lucky. It means you had someone special in your life, someone worth missing.” – Nikki Schiefelbein
76. “Even though I miss you so much, it comforts me to know that we are at least both under the same sky.” – Anonymous
More Missing Quotes That You Will Love
77. “I dropped a tear in the ocean. The day you find it is the day I will stop missing you.” – Anonymous
78. “When you are missing someone, time seems to move slower, and when I’m falling in love with someone, time seems to be moving faster.” – Taylor Swift
79. “To miss is not to suffer, but is to end suffering. Missing is the essence of need. It’s good to miss and be missed. That means you exist. Now you just have to also live.” – Codrin Tapu
80. “I miss you. I might not always show it, might not always tell people, but on the inside, I miss you like crazy.” – Anonymous
Do You Ever Miss Someone So Much That You Find It Hard to Breathe?
Loving someone gives us all great pleasure and happiness. On the flip side, it may also cause extreme despair and sorrow. When we’re separated from the ones we love, we feel incomplete and sometimes even think we’ve lost who we’re living life for.
The good thing is, with all the technological advancements we’re presented with now, it’s so easy to reach out and get in touch with the people who give us purpose. Everyone’s just a quick chat, e-mail, or call away. We might be busy with our own lives, and they might be too, but at least the tools are there for us to use whenever we want to reconnect with the people we miss.
So, what are you waiting for? We’re sure you were able to gather a couple of quotes that you can send your partner, parents, or friends! Send them a quick note of appreciation and love after you’re done with this collection.
Which quotes will you send your loved ones? Did these quotes unravel some pretty intense emotions? Comment below.