Revisit history and ancient Greece through these Percy Jackson quotes!
The world of the gods is something we can never fully understand. However, through Rick Riordan’s books and their movie adaptations, we get to open our eyes to a mystical world that’ll make us reflect on everything around us.
Percy Jackson, the titular character of the franchise, is a young boy who thought he had ADHD and dyslexia. Soon, he finds out that his traits and perceived conditions were only there because he was a half-blood—the son of Poseidon and a human.
Since this discovery, Percy comes face to face with many dangers. But, aside from the negatives, he also meets lifelong friends who help him complete his quests.
So, check this collection of the best Percy Jackson from the whole franchise. Through this list, you’ll better understand Percy, Annabeth, Grover, and their adventures!
And don’t forget to check out these Harry Potter quotes and The Lord of the Rings quotes.
Best Percy Jackson Quotes
1. “The gods have their reasons, Percy. Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.” – Chiron
2. “There is always a way out for those clever enough to find it.” – Athena
3. “Life is only precious because it ends, kid. Take it from a god. You mortals don’t know how lucky you are.” – Mars
4. “Where’s the glory in repeating what others have done? All the gods know is how to do is replay their past.” – Luke Castellan
5. “I think you know, Percy. I think you’re enough like me to understand. If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself. I can’t let a god take care of me—or my son. I have to find the courage on my own. Your quest has reminded me of that.” – Sally Jackson
6. “Be careful of love. It’ll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down, and right is wrong.” – Hephaestus
7. “Best kind of war. Always the bloodiest. Nothing like watching your relatives fight, I always say.” – Ares
8. “That’s another thing about ADHD. Deadlines just aren’t real to me until I’m staring one in the face.” – Percy Jackson
9. “People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a person, he can’t be fixed.” – Hephaestus
10. “The real world is where the monsters are. That’s where you learn whether you’re any good or not.” – Percy Jackson
11. “Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we’re related for better or for worse—and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum.” – Hermes
12. “Come now, Percy. What you call ‘Western civilization.’ Do you think it’s just an abstract concept? No, it’s a living force. A collective consciousness that has burned bright for thousands of years. The gods are part of it. You might even say they are the source of it, or at least, they are tied so tightly to it that they couldn’t possibly fade, not unless all of Western civilization were obliterated. The fire started in Greece. Then, as you well know—or as I hope you know since you passed my course—the heart of the fire moved to Rome, and so did the gods. Oh, different names, perhaps: Jupiter for Zeus, Venus for Aphrodite, and so on. But the same forces, the same gods.” – Chiron
Percy Jackson Quotes to Inspire You
13. “But remember: what belongs to the sea will always return to the sea. Go with what your heart tells you, or you will lose all.” – The Nereid
14. “You must forge your own path for it to mean anything.” – Hera
15. “But remember, boy, that a kind act can sometimes be as powerful as a sword. As a mortal, I was never a great fighter, or athlete, or poet. I only made wine. The people in my village laughed at me. They said I would never amount to anything. Look at me now. Sometimes small things can become very large indeed.” – Dionysus
16. “Maybe it’s a problem that requires brains. Ares has strength. That’s all he has. Even strength has to bow to wisdom sometimes.” – Annabeth Chase
17. “It takes strength and courage to admit the truth.” – Percy Jackson
18. “Getting something and having the wits to use it—those are two different things.” – Hera
19. “Yes. Read The Iliad. It’s full of references to the stuff. Whenever divine or monstrous elements mix with the mortal world, they generate Mist, which obscures the vision of humans. You will see things just as they are, being a half-blood, but humans will interpret things quite differently. Remarkable, really, the lengths to which humans will go to fit things into their version of reality.” – Chiron
Percy Jackson Quotes for Everyone Who Loves Greek Mythology
20. “The sea does not like to be restrained.” – Poseidon
21. “Suspecting and knowing are not the same.” – Chiron
22. “In a way, it’s nice to know there are Greek gods out there because you have somebody to blame when things go wrong. For instance, when you’re walking away from a bus that’s just been attacked by monster hags and blown up by lightning, and it’s raining on top of everything else, most people might think that’s just really bad luck; when you’re a half-blood, you understand that some divine force really is trying to mess up your day.” – Percy Jackson
23. “They’re myths to explain lightning and the seasons and stuff. They’re what people believed before there was science.” – Percy Jackson
24. “It’s hard to enjoy practical jokes when your whole life feels like one.” – Percy Jackson
25. “What if it lines up like it did in the Trojan War—Athena versus Poseidon?” – Percy Jackson
Awesome Percy Jackson Quotes That’ll Take You Back to Your Favorite Chapters
26. “Who says he’s seeing this place the way we’re seeing it? Humans see what they want to see. You’re very stubborn—er, persistent, that way?” – Grover
27. “Don’t feel bad. I’m usually about to die.” – Percy Jackson
28. “Don’t you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on Earth for kids like us.” – Annabeth Chase
29. “I am never, ever, going to make things easy for you, Seaweed Brain. Get used to it.” – Annabeth Chase
30. “What I did next was so impulsive and dangerous I should’ve been named ADHD poster child of the year.” – Percy Jackson
More Percy Jackson Quotes You Must Read Today
31. “Because I know you. You wouldn’t be here if you weren’t one of us.” – Annabeth Chase
32. “The moral? Goodness, you act like it’s a fable. It’s a true story. Does truth have a moral?” – Hermes
33. “If you’re reading this because you think you might be one, my advice is: close this book right now. Believe whatever lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to lead a normal life. Being a half-blood is dangerous. It’s scary. Most of the time, it gets you killed in painful, nasty ways.” – Percy Jackson
34. “What was so great about me? A dyslexic, hyperactive boy with a D+ report card, kicked out of school for the sixth time in six years.” – Percy Jackson
35. “I’d love to tell you I had some deep revelation on my way down, that I came to terms with my own mortality, laughed in the face of death, et cetera. The truth? My only thought was, ‘Aaaagggghhhh!’” – Percy Jackson
Which Character From the Franchise Can You Relate to the Most?
In the Percy Jackson franchise, you’ll find an array of characters ranging from humans, half-bloods, gods, and many more out-of-this-world creatures. They are all unique and special and have powers and abilities that are specific to them, too.
Even if we only look at Percy and his closest friends, we can derive many meaningful life lessons like trusting one another, being loyal, and having confidence in ourselves. They all teach us never to give up, no matter how high a wall is in front of us.
Just imagine fighting evil gods and fearsome creatures like hellhounds; do you think mere humans like us can succeed? However, through Percy Jackson, Rick Riordan allows us to put more faith in ourselves and our abilities.
As long as we keep pushing forward and we know when to lean on our friends, we can succeed and conquer whatever challenges are ahead. Hold on to hope and fight for good!
We hope we were able to help you revisit your favorite scenes and chapters through this list of Percy Jackson quotes. Keep this collection in your bookmarks so you can quickly look back on inspiring words that’ll help you triumph over your troubles!