When the things that usually bring you happiness don’t anymore, read this list of pleasure quotes and brighten your mood!
We live for pleasure. Eating, drinking, touching, and hearing give us a little rush of happiness. These activities are considered the most basic forms of pleasure.
But, as time passes, people seek pleasure in more profound aspects of life. They start looking for it in their jobs, relationships, hobbies, and even within themselves.
People begin to desire adventure in their lives, and because of that, more people are looking for ways to escape their routines.
Pleasure is life’s elixir that carries people through the day. It also keeps them from straying too far from the path of happiness.
But, sometimes, pursuing pleasure leads to dark places such as drugs, alcohol, and unhealthy relationships.
To prevent these circumstances from happening and to learn more about the concept of pleasure, read the entire collection below!
We’re sure you’ll find a quote that will resonate with your heart’s desires.
Best Pleasure Quotes
1. “Simply enjoy life and the great pleasures that come with it.” – Karolina Kurkova
2. “Give them pleasure. The same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare.” – Alfred Hitchcock
3. “Pleasure is the only thing one should live for, nothing ages like happiness.” – Oscar Wilde
4. “A great pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do.” – Walter Bagehot
5. “Every moment has its pleasures and its hope.” – Jane Austen
6. “Many of us pursue pleasure with such breathless haste that we hurry past it.” – Søren Kierkegaard
7. “I can think of nothing less pleasurable than a life devoted to pleasure.” – John D. Rockefeller Jr.
8. “Pleasure can impact your happiness for better or worse, but it is not happiness.” – James Randall Robison
9. “Pleasures take to themselves wings and fly away; true knowledge remains forever.” – Dorothea Dix
10. “As far as pleasures, you’ve got to have limits. You shouldn’t have too much of good things, so you’ll always have a desire for more, and you won’t get bored.” – Compay Segundo
Famous Quotes About Pleasure
11. “The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.” – Leonardo da Vinci
12. “Pleasure is the physical manifestation of joy.” – Cherie Carter-Scott
13. “The sweetest pleasures are those which are hardest to be won.” – Casanova
14. “There is no such thing as a guilty pleasure.” – Douglas Wilson
15. “The finest of pleasures are always the unexpected ones.” – Erin Morgenstern
16. “Innocent pleasures are got by virtue and well-earned wealth.” – Dayananda Saraswati
17. “Worldly pleasures, such as flow from greatness, riches, honors, and sensual gratifications, are infinitely worse than none.” – David Brainerd
18. “Simple pleasures were all the pleasures that I knew as a child.” – Willie Stargell
19. “Real pleasure comes from overcoming challenges, feeling confidence in your abilities, and experiencing the power this brings.” – Robert Greene
20. “If pleasure is what you want, do not suppress the desire. Seek it intelligently.” – Huston Smith
Deep Pleasure Quotes to Ponder On
21. “I adore simple pleasures. They are the last refuge of the complex.” – Oscar Wilde
22. “Pleasure is very seldom found where it is sought; our brightest blazes of gladness are commonly kindled by unexpected sparks.” – Samuel Johnson
23. “Pleasures are like poppies spread: you seize the flower, its bloom is shed.” – Robert Burns
24. “Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit; to become delightful, happiness must be tainted with poison.” – Georges Bataille
25. “Pleasures don’t last like the snow falls in the river, a moment white—then melts forever.” – Minette Walters
26. “Pleasure is the first good. It is the beginning of every choice and every aversion. It is the absence of pain in the body and of troubles in the soul.” – Epicurus
27. “Pleasure’s a moth, that sleeps by day and dances by false glare at night; but joy’s a butterfly, that loves to spread its wings in nature’s light.” – William Henry Davies
28. “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” – H. P. Lovecraft
Pleasure Quotes for Those Who Seek Contentment in Love
29. “The greatest pleasure of life is love.” – Euripides
30. “The pleasures of love are always in proportion to our fears.” – Stendhal
31. “If we seek the pleasures of love, passion should be occasional, and common sense continual.” – Robertson Davies
Also read: True Love Quotes
Short Pleasure Quotes That Will Give You Life-Changing Advice
32. “We enjoy thoroughly only the pleasure that we give.” – Alexandre Dumas
33. “What we learn with pleasure we never forget.” – Louis Mercier
34. “Enjoy present pleasures in such a way as not to injure future ones.” – Seneca
35. “We tire of those pleasures we take, but never of those we give.” – John Petit-Senn
36. “To make pleasures pleasant shortens them.” – Charles Buxton
37. ”We go on in our pleasures thinking they’re going to last forever.” – Billy Graham
38. “Think big thoughts but relish small pleasures.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr
39. “The greatest pleasures are only narrowly separated from disgust.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
40. “A pleasure is full grown only when it is remembered.” – C. S. Lewis
Pleasure Quotes for People With Regrets
41. “The only pain pleasure is the pleasure of the pain.” – Anne Rice
42. “Pleasure is nothing else but the intermission of pain.” – John Selden
43. “Throw moderation to the winds, and the greatest pleasures bring the greatest pains.” – Democritus
44. “The pleasure is there; between your expectations and regrets.” – Bryant McGill
Pleasure Quotes That Tackle One’s Fulfillment in Life
45. “There’s no point in living without the pleasure of living.” – B.S. Murthy
46. “The more worldly pleasure we enjoy, the less satisfied and contented we are with life.” – Billy Graham
47. “The choicest pleasures of life lie within the ring of moderation.” – Benjamin Disraeli
48. “The important question is not, what will yield to man a few scattered pleasures, but what will render his life happy on the whole amount.” – Joseph Addison
49. “Life is made up of small pleasures. Happiness is made up of those tiny successes. The big ones come too infrequently. And if you don’t collect all these tiny successes, the big ones don’t really mean anything.” – Norman Lear
50. “Pleasure is an affectivity with pretensions to break the forms of being without recognizing its unending need for being.” – Elisabeth Louise Thomas
Pleasure Quotes for Work
51. “Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” – Aristotle
52. “When work is a pleasure, life is a joy! When work is a duty, life is slavery.” – Maxim Gorky
53. “Work without pleasure will cause pressure that cannot be measured.” – Adedayo Olabamiji
54. “The true way to render ourselves happy is to love our work and find in it our pleasure.” – Francoise Bertaut de Motteville
More Quotes About Pleasure
55. “Man’s pleasure is a short time growing, and it falls to the ground as quickly.” – Anonymous
56. “The pleasures arising from thinking and learning will make us think and learn all the more.” – Aristotle
57. “Tranquil pleasures last the longest; we are not fitted to bear the burden of great joys.” – Christian Nestell Bovee
58. “There are no pleasures in a fight, but some of my fights have been a pleasure to win.” – Muhammad Ali
59. “I deserved to find pleasure that surpassed my imagination, better than any I had experienced.” – Eric Jerome Dickey
60. “There is a pleasure when a sore is scratched, but to be without sores is more pleasurable still. Just so, there are pleasures in worldly desires, but to be without desires is more pleasurable still.” – Nagarjuna
Did This Collection Make You Think About the Most Pleasurable Aspects of Your Life?
Pleasure is a part of our every day. Without it, we wouldn’t be motivated to do anything at all. This is also why we strive to find pleasurable things in every aspect of life.
For example, humans look for pleasure within themselves. They cultivate their hobbies and work on their talents. Outside of that, people engage in social interactions, intellectual pursuits, and spiritual experiences.
These activities will eventually lead to the growth of each individual. But, in today’s busy world, people get so caught up in the hustle and grind that they sometimes forget about the things that bring them true contentment. Continuing down this road might lead to people missing out on opportunities to grow and learn.
On the flip side, some people are drowning in destructive pleasures. This includes being addicted to drugs, alcohol, gambling, and other vices.
People must remember that pleasure is inherently good. But, like everything else, too much of anything will never lead to true happiness. We must think about our choices and always strive to have a balance between our needs and wants.
With that, we hope this list was able to inform you of the pros and cons of pleasure. Always consider every aspect, but also don’t be afraid of grabbing opportunities!