Equip yourself with the right attitude to face everything in life through these preparation quotes!
Life is full of surprises, and you’ll never know what kind of curveball it will throw. But, being prepared for every situation will allow you to respond quickly and effectively.
Preparation is the state of being ready for something that will happen, regardless of whether or not we expect or like it.
This includes preparing for an exam, a job interview, or upcoming adversities. Through preparation, we can better manage all things that come our way.
But, many people don’t see the value of being prepared; they think it’s time-consuming and hard to sustain. As a result, they scramble when a crisis strikes, often leading to failure.
So, check this collection out if you want to start being more prepared.
It’s not easy to plan ahead, but this list would be a great start!
Let’s get started.
And make sure to read these success quotes and positive quotes.
Best Preparation Quotes
1. “Success depends upon previous preparation, and without such preparation, there is sure to be a failure.” – Confucius
2. “Before anything else, preparation is the key to success.” – Alexander Graham Bell
3. “Prepare the umbrella before it rains.” – Malay Proverb
4. “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
5. “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin
6. “The best preparation for the future is the present well seen to, and the last duty is done.” – George MacDonald
7. “Proper preparation prevents poor performance.” – Stephen Keague
8. “You see, success doesn’t just suddenly occur one day. For that matter, neither does failure. Each is a process. Every day of your life is merely preparation for the next.” – John C. Maxwell
9. “He who is best prepared can best serve his moment of inspiration.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
10. “Being prepared does not make the crisis disappear! Even if you’re ready, it’s still there, only in more manageable proportions.” – Barbara Salsbury
Preparation Quotes That’ll Push You to Plan Ahead
11. “The better you’re prepared, the better chance you’ll have at staying on top of everything that is coming your way.” – Colin Adams
12. “Being prepared is the best way to avoid panic. Being ready for anything will help you to stay calm, sum up the situation quickly, and proceed with more efficient, capable action.” – Nadine Saubers
13. “Spectacular achievement is always preceded by unspectacular preparation.” – Dr. Robert Schuller
14. “You have to prepare physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually to conquer any mountain.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
15. “You have to rely on your preparation. You got to really be passionate and try to prepare more than anyone else, and put yourself in a position to succeed, and when the moment comes, you got to enjoy, relax, breathe and rely on your preparation so that you can perform and not be anxious or filled with doubt.” – Steve Nash
16. “Sometimes things don’t turn out as we would like. So it is wise to prepare for the worst. I know this sounds like an oxymoron, to expect the best, but prepare for the worst, but it isn’t.” – Bohdi Sanders
Also read: Encouraging Quotes, Greatness Quotes
Short Preparation Quotes to Keep In Mind
17. “A winning effort begins with preparation.” – Joe Gibbs
18. “The whole journey of life is a journey of preparation.” – Pope Francis
19. “Preparation doesn’t assure victory, it assures confidence.” – Amit Kalantri
20. “The bells of defeat strike the unprepared.” – Anonymous
21. “Be prepared for trouble. Don’t fall apart when trouble strikes.” – Carl Sommer
22. “Preparation time is never wasted time.” – Anonymous
23. “If you don’t prepare, you will repair.” – Bernard Kelvin Clive
24. “The foundation of confidence in virtually every field is preparation.” – Brian Tracy
25. “Any preparation is better than no preparation.” – Taylor Pitz
26. “He who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow.” – Ovid
27. “Purpose without preparation is meaningless.” – Andrena Sawyer
28. “What we prepare for is what we shall get.” – William Graham Sumner
29. “You hit home runs not by chance but by preparation.” – Roger Maris
30. “Preparation is everything.” – David Robinson
31. “We have to prepare for the worst, and the worst is war.” – Bernard Kouchner
Also read: Short Quotes, Self-Discipline Quotes
Preparation Quotes That’ll Lead You to Success
32. “Preparation is the key to leadership success. The more prepared you are, the less your struggle.” – Israelmore Ayivor
33. “Preparation is one of the foundations for success in any field.” – Jonathan Garo Koomey
34. “A successful tomorrow will always demand the preparation of today.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
35. “Prepare for success because if you don’t, you will live a life of mediocrity.” – Anonymous
36. “The preparation is what allows the success to happen naturally.” – Jake Arrieta
37. “If a person does not prepare for their success when their opportunity comes, it will only make them look foolish.” – Alexcious Mwathi
38. “Success is never an accident; it’s always the result of a plan. They say chance favors the prepared, so get prepared and stay ready so that you don’t have to get ready later on when it is too late.” – Tony Gaskins
39. “You must prepare for success even if there is no indication of it. You must prepare for success even if you have become accustomed to failure. You must prepare for success even if nobody in your life ever achieved anything. Take time to prepare hard.” – John Deere
Preparation Quotes That Will Have Your Mind Reeling
40. “Preparedness is not always about getting it super perfect. It’s about getting into a positive habit and building discipline.” – Janna Cachola
41. “Being prepared is about anticipating what comes next and getting ready for it. If there is a barrier to the next step or some action that needs to happen, it’s you who has to make sure it does.” – Tony Rea
42. “I think more about preparation than numbers. If I’m well prepared, there will be results.” – Ada Hegerberg
43. “Remember, any change in behavior requires preparation and a plan that you will keep your awareness and commitment high throughout the change.” – Kylie Collins
44. “For me, it’s always been about preparation, and the more prepared I can be each week, the less pressure I feel and the more confident I am. As your confidence grows, it’s only natural that the pressure you feel diminishes.” – Aaron Rodgers
Preparation Quotes for Those Who Want to Ready Themselves for Everything
45. “There is always a part of my mind that is preparing for the worst, and another part of my mind that believes if I prepare enough for it, the worst won’t happen.” – Kay Redfield Jamison
46. “Doing your preparation in advance and then letting your brain process the information while you sleep helps to cement this information in your memory, making it easier to access the next day.” – Tricia Alach
47. “Preparation is responding to the demands required to turn expectations to manifestations.” – Benjamin Suulola
48. “To be prepared against surprise is to be trained. To be prepared for surprise is to be educated.” – James P. Carse
49. “To each his own, but my process of preparation is based on conditions, not opposition.” – Rohit Sharma
50. “Behind every brilliant performance, there were countless hours of practice and preparation.” – Eric Butterworth
51. “Expecting results will inspire you to prepare for the situation that you are expecting. By preparing, you have already practiced what it will feel like when the situation arrives.” – Huni Hunfjord
Meaningful Preparation Quotes That’ll Keep Your Mind Busy
52. “Preparation for life is so important. Luck is what happens when preparedness meets opportunity. Opportunity is all around us. Are you prepared?” – Earl Nightingale
53. “I believe success is preparation because the opportunity is going to knock on your door sooner or later but are you prepared to answer that?” – Omar Epps
54. “The preparation for dark days must always begin during the brightest ones.” – Lia Leendertz
55. “Bad seed is a robbery of the worst kind: for your pocketbook not only suffers by it but your preparations are lost and a season passes away unimproved.” – George Washington
56. “Preparation, I have often said, is rightly two-thirds of any venture.” – Amelia Earhart
57. “There is no shorter road to defeat than by entering a war with inadequate preparation.” – Charles Lindbergh
Preparation Quotes That Tackle Luck and Opportunities
58. “You must always be prepared. Most opportunities do not schedule appointments.” – Anonymous
59. “The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck.” – Tony Robbins
60. “If you prepare yourself at every point as well as you can—you will be able to grasp the opportunity for broader experience when it appears.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
61. “It’s better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.” – Les Brown
62. “Unless you have prepared yourself to profit by your chance, the opportunity will only make you ridiculous.” – Orison Swett Marden
Meaningful Preparation Quotes to Help You Confront Life’s Challenges
63. “You can’t prepare for the events that change your life. They happen suddenly and unannounced.” – Marty Rubin
64. “Life requires thorough preparation—veneer isn’t worth anything.” – George Washington Carver
65. “Our whole life is taken up with preparations for living so that we really never live at all.” – Leo Tolstoy
66. “You rewind. You think of your preparation. You think of everything you did throughout the week, your life, the practices, the intensity. Everything flashes and you come right back to that point. And it’s like, game on.” – D’Brickashaw Ferguson
67. “I’m a big believer in the fact that life is about preparation, preparation, preparation.” – Johnnie Cochran
More Preparation Quotes That You Need to Read Today
68. “Another way to be prepared is to think negatively. Yes, I’m a great optimist. But, when trying to make a decision, I often think of the worst-case scenario.” – Randy Pausch
69. “I do find that there’s a fine balance between preparation and seeing what happens naturally.” – Timothée Chalamet
70. “For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of all our tasks, the ultimate, the last test and proof, the work for which all other work is but preparation.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
Are You Prepared to Face the Upcoming Challenges in Your Life?
Preparation is a critical factor in our lives. It readies us for any circumstance and helps us avoid potential issues and problems. Without it, we can be caught off guard, and everything can go south quickly.
Sadly, preparation and readiness do not come naturally to some people. In fact, many tend to procrastinate and put things off. Some also do this because they think it’s a complicated task.
But, if you just know how to approach it, being prepared is easy to incorporate into your daily routine. For one, maybe you can take time to write and reflect on how you can handle different situations. You can also take some time to consider the possible consequences of your actions and decisions.
When you think and plan ahead, you get to create different options or courses of action for each challenge. Through that, we see how preparation allows us to make the most of our resources. Regardless of how challenging the circumstances that lie ahead, if you are ready, you can overcome them.
With that, we hope this list of preparation quotes was able to give you a better understanding of the importance of always being ready. At the same time, make sure you are flexible enough to keep up with your changing circumstances!