Be inspired to take every chance you get by reading these opportunity quotes.
Opportunities are what would help us reach our full potential and grow in life.
If we keep taking the chances presented to us, it will push us to test our limits and encourage us to have courage despite the risks.
However, we must remember that opportunities are not designed to be easy. Sometimes, an opportunity will present itself to you under the guise of hard times, adversities, and challenges.
You might get overwhelmed, but remember that overcoming them will show you that there is always something to learn and grow from.
So, read these top 60 opportunity quotes to motivate you to take every chance you get.
Our list below contains the best quotes to light the fire of passion and hard work in your heart.
Let’s get started.
Best Opportunity Quotes
1. “Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” – Thomas Edison
2. “Everything negative—pressure, challenges—is all an opportunity for me to rise.” – Kobe Bryant
3. “When things do not go your way, remember that every challenge, every adversity, contains within it the seeds of opportunity and growth.” – Roy T. Bennett
4. “Don’t let any opportunity pass you by as a hero, for this may be your day to respond by the depth of your character, the richness of your talent, and the significance of your career.” – Irving A. Fradkin
5. “Opportunities are presented to us each and every day but do we see them? To see an opportunity, we must be open to all thoughts.” – Catherine Pulsifer
6. “Don’t wait for the right opportunity, create it.” – George Bernard Shaw
7. “Opportunities are like sunrises. If you wait too long, you miss them.” – William Arthur Ward
8. “If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity, but you are not sure you can do it, say yes, then learn how to do it later.” – Richard Branson
Famous Opportunity Quotes
9. “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
10. “Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don’t recognize them.” – Eppie Lederer
11. “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” – Albert Einstein
12. “Nothing is more expensive than a missed opportunity.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
13. “If a window of opportunity appears, don’t pull down the shade.” – Tom Peters
14. “When written in Chinese, the word ‘crisis’ is composed of two characters: one represents danger, and the other represents opportunity.” – John F. Kennedy
15. “We will never be able to recognize opportunities if we first don’t recognize all that we have and all that we’ve been given.” – Joel Osteen
16. “Life opens up opportunities to you, and you either take them, or you stay afraid of taking them.” – Jim Carrey
17. “Excuses will always be there for you. Opportunity won’t.” – Anonymous
18. “Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
Opportunity Quotes That’ll Make You Seize All Chances for Improvement
19. “When opportunity presents itself, don’t be afraid to go after it.” – Eddie Kennison
20. “The golden opportunity you are seeking is in yourself. It is not in your environment. It is not in luck or chance or the help of others. It is in yourself alone.” – Orison Swett Marden
21. “Turn your obstacles into opportunities and your problems into possibilities.” – Roy T. Bennett
22. “Not knowing when the dawn will come, I open every door.” – Emily Dickinson
23. “Your big opportunity may be right where you are now.” – Napoleon Hill
24. “Every new opportunity in life remains only potential until you take that first step forward.” – Richard Daly
25. “Be a magnet that draws opportunity. Paint brilliant thoughts and actions. Mirror success. If you do, you will have the chance to not only greatly inspire others, but to also live a life that you will find deeply satisfying and rewarding.” – Shawn L. Anderson
26. “Great opportunities come to all, and the secret of success in life is to be ready to grasp them when they arrive.” – Charley L. Charley
27. “Each day is filled with thousands of opportunities to change the story of our lives.” – Michael S. Hyatt
28. “You may be surprised at the opportunities that open up to you if you simply speak up and show that you are willing to take on new tasks or responsibilities.” – Julie Lewthwaite
Short Opportunity Quotes to Guide You in Life
29. “A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.” – Francis Bacon
30. “Ability is nothing without opportunity.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
31. “There is no security on this earth. There is only opportunity.” – Douglas MacArthur
32. “Opportunity does not waste time with those who are unprepared.” – Idowu Koyenikan
33. “Opportunity is everywhere. The key is to develop the vision to see it.” – Anonymous
34. “Opportunity dances with those already on the dance floor.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
35. “Keep your mind open to opportunities. They are closer than you think.” – Anonymous
36. “There are secret opportunities hidden inside every failure.” – Anonymous
37. “Opportunities multiply as they are seized.” – Sun Tzu
38. “To hell with circumstances. I create opportunities.” – Bruce Lee
39. “Small opportunities are often the beginning of great enterprises.” – Demosthenes
Wise Opportunity Quotes That’ll Improve Your Mindset
40. “Opportunities, many times, are so small that we glimpse them not, and yet they are often the seeds of great enterprises. Opportunities are also everywhere and so you must always let your hook be hanging. When you least expect it, a great fish will swim by.” – Og Mandino
41. “Opportunities do not come with their values stamped upon them. Everyone must be challenged. A day dawns, quite like other days. In it, a single hour comes, quite like other hours, but in that day and in that hour the chance of a lifetime faces us.” – Maltbie Davenport Babcock
42. “If you call it an opportunity instead of buckling under the load of the words crisis or tragedy or disaster, then you can start taking advantage of what has happened.” – Myles Munroe
43. “We do not get unlimited chances to have the things we want. Nothing is worse than missing an opportunity that could have changed your life.” – Anonymous
44. “Your regrets aren’t what you did, but what you didn’t do, so I take every opportunity.” – Cameron Diaz
45. “You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that, it’s an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.” – Rahm Emanuel
Opportunity Quotes to Help You Get Closer to Success
46. “The secret of success is to be ready when your opportunity comes.” – Benjamin Disraeli
47. “To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.” – Benjamin Franklin
48. “Change the happenings in your life from obligatory tasks to opportunities for which you are grateful.” – Kathryn Prentice
49. “The good news is that the opportunity for success lies within your own hands.” – Ian R. Mackintosh
50. “Grab every opportunity. A very rich man was asked for the key to success. He answered, ‘Jump at every opportunity.'” – Arthur P. Pereira
51. “The ladder of success is best climbed by stepping on the rungs of opportunity.” – Ayn Rand
More Opportunity Quotes for Everyone Who Needs Words of Encouragement
52. “Everyone has something to contribute to this world. It’s just a matter of being given that opportunity to do so.” – Grace Hightower
53. “It’s through curiosity and looking at opportunities in new ways that we’ve always mapped our path.” – Michael S. Dell
54. “Most people miss great opportunities because of their misperception of time. Don’t wait! The time will never be just right.” – Stephen C. Hogan
55. “Problems can become opportunities when the right people come together.” – Robert Redford
56. “Teachers open the doors, but you must enter by yourself.” – Chinese Proverb
57. “God will supply us with the opportunity, but it’s up to us to do something with it.” – Anonymous
58. “It is not often that a man can make opportunities for himself. But he can put himself in such shape that when or if the opportunities come, he is ready.” – Theodore Roosevelt
59. “Stop being a victim and waiting for somebody else to open up an opportunity for you!” – Eric Thomas
60. “Prepare yourself in every way you can by increasing your knowledge and adding to your experience, so that you can make the most of opportunity when it occurs.” – Mario Andretti
How Do You Make Every Opportunity Count?
Opportunity does not come all the time in life. It is a rare chance we should always push ourselves to take. So, if they do come, immediately grab them!
However, action is not as easy as speech; we recognize that there will be times when it is hard to seize every chance. After all, we are only humans who experience low points in our life. We have days that will break us and make us feel like we don’t have what it takes.
Shake off this kind of mentality because you do have what it takes. And, if what you need isn’t in your current arsenal, you always have the power and choice to make yourself better.
So, we must remember that positivity, hard work, and resilience are crucial in life. We should have an optimistic outlook and see every adversity as a learning experience to keep us motivated. Without doing this, we risk giving up a chance given to us to grow.
Hopefully, these quotes were able to help you remember the importance of taking advantage of your opportunities. Keep these wise and meaningful words in mind to improve yourself. Also, be confident and face the highs and lows of life!