If you feel like you lack the drive to succeed, these greatness quotes we’ve compiled will undoubtedly be perfect for you!
Greatness is something we all strive for as humans. After all, it is in our nature to continually find ways to improve and be better. However, achieving greatness is not as easy as it sounds.
Yes, it all starts with dreaming big dreams. But, it doesn’t stop there. You’d also have to pursue your goals actively.
Along the way, you’ll encounter many defeats and challenges that will tie you down.
However, it is precisely in these moments that you have to remember your plans for greatness. You must stand up, break free from the chains, and try again until you reach the top.
So, if you’re one of the people finding it hard to progress, read these greatness quotes we’ve gathered.
While you’re at it, grab a pen and a piece of paper so you can note down your favorite quotes that made an impact on how you view life!
Continue to the complete list below.
Best Greatness Quotes
1. “No one has ever achieved greatness without dreams.” – Roy T. Bennett
2. “When you are destined for greatness, it shows in everything you do. It becomes you. Greatness becomes you.” – Lorii Myers
3. “Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength.” – Henry Ward Beecher
4. “Greatness begins beyond your comfort zone.” – Robin Sharma
5. “Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.” – William Shakespeare
6. “Your greatness was meant to be shared with the world. Not hidden within yourself.” – Robin Sharma
7. “Greatness is attainable. Greatness is multiple small achievements built over a period of time.” – Lee David Daniels
8. “We become what we expect to become. Greatness can be achieved only if we expect it from ourselves and from others!” – James Ericson
9. “Greatness has always been the hallmark of winners, whether you are called to be a housewife, a musician, an athlete, an entrepreneur, a politician, or a cleaner, you are chosen to be great.” – Dr. Ignatius K Otchere-Asamoah
10. “As human beings, we all have the potential for greatness. Unfortunately, there are many things in life that hold us back like agonizing personal experiences, hurts, disappointments, and major setbacks that form in us limiting beliefs about ourselves.” – Clarence Chan
Famous Greatness Quotes
11. “Give yourself permission to step into your greatness.” – Dave Gambrill
12. “A man’s dreams are an index to his greatness.” – Zadok Rabinowitz
13. “If we cannot see the possibility of greatness, how can we dream it?” – Lee Strasberg
14. “You can be good, or you can be great. Why not strive for greatness?” – Roxie Fine
15. “We must choose greatness; greatness doesn’t choose us.” – FreshExchange
16. “There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness, and truth.” – Leo Tolstoy
17. “Great leaders can see the greatness in others when they can’t see it themselves and lead them to their highest potential they don’t even know.” – Roy T. Bennett
18. “Big dreams create the magic that stirs men’s souls to greatness.” – Bill McCartney
19. “We shall never resolve the enigma of the relation between the negative foundations of greatness and that greatness itself.” – Jean Baudrillard
20. “We are what we repeatedly do. Greatness, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
Greatness Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Succeed
21. “You were put on this earth to achieve your greatest self, to live out your purpose, and to do it courageously.” – Steve Maraboli
22. “You were designed for accomplishment, engineered for success, and endowed with the seeds of greatness.” – Zig Ziglar
23. “God has planted greatness in you. Let today be the beginning of a great adventure as you step into the gifts he’s given you.” – Joyce Meyer
24. “To achieve greatness, one should live as if they will never die.” – François de La Rochefoucauld
25. “Together, we can inspire galaxies of greatness for generations to come. No, the sky is not the limit. It is only the beginning.” – Donovan Livingston
26. “Success is never on discount! Greatness is never on sale! Greatness is never half off! It’s all or nothing! It’s all day, every day! Greatness is never on discount!” – Eric Thomas
Short Quotes About Greatness
27. “Greatness is a choice.” – Nike
28. “True greatness consists in being great in little things.” – Charles Simmons
29. “You have something special, you have greatness within you!” – Les Brown
30. “Greatness is a spiritual condition.” – Matthew Arnold
31. “Greatness exists in all of us.” – Will Smith
32. “Greatness—it’s your destiny.” – Dr. Tony Evans
33. “The price of greatness is responsibility.” – Winston Churchill
34. “Great men are not born great, they grow great.” – Mario Puzo
Greatness Quotes to Change Your Worldview
35. “Greatness be nothing unless it be lasting.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
36. “Greatness is a lot of small things done well.” – Eric Thomas
37. “The greatness of a man’s power is the measure of his surrender.” – William Booth
38. “Greatness is not measured by what a man or woman accomplishes, but by the opposition he or she has overcome to reach his goals.” – Dorothy Height
39. “No man is truly great who is great only in his lifetime. The test of greatness is the page of history.” – William Hazlitt
40. “Man’s greatness consists in his ability to do and the proper application of his powers to things needed to be done.” – Frederick Douglass
Greatness Quotes for Your Motivation
41. “It is a rough road that leads to the heights of greatness.” – Seneca
42. “Go for greatness. Anything else is a waste of time.” – Marianne Williamson
43. “The only thing standing between me and greatness is me.” – Woody Allen
44. “You have the power to achieve greatness and create anything you want in life, but you must take action.” – Jack Canfield
45. “Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Wise Greatness Quotes to Think About
46. “No one ever achieved greatness by playing it safe.” – Harry Gray
47. “There is never any easy way to greatness; greatness is always the product of toil.” – William Barclay
48. “A grateful heart is the beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility.” – James E. Faust
49. “Greatness lives on the edge of destruction.” – Will Smith
50. “Nothing is more simple than greatness; indeed, to be simple is to be great.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Meaningful Greatness Quotes Packed With Insights
51. “Greatness is not guarding yourself from the people; greatness is being accepted by the people.” – Mike Tyson
52. “Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent.” – Frank Herbert
53. “Whoever renders service to many, puts himself in line for greatness.” – Jim Rohn
54. “The tempt for greatness is the biggest drug in the world.” – Mike Tyson
55. “Human greatness does not lie in wealth or power, but in character and goodness. People are just people, and all people have faults and shortcomings, but all of us are born with basic goodness.” – Anne Frank
56. “The greatness of a man is measured by the way he treats the little man. Compassion for the weak is a sign of greatness.” – Myles Munroe
57. “If any man seeks for greatness, let him forget greatness and ask for truth, and he will find both.” – Horace Mann
58. “We will be relentless in our pursuit of perfection. We won’t ever be perfect, but in the process, we will achieve greatness.” – Vince Lombardi
59. “We must remember that, within each difficulty, the seed for its solution is stored, and quite possibly the seed of greatness is there, too, just waiting to be found.” – Vivian Eisenecher
Greatness Quotes That’ll Change Your Life
60. “Greatness comes by beginning something that doesn’t end with you.” – Robin Sharma
61. “The greatness of our lives is measured by how we live each day, not by how we only extend ourselves on occasion. Each day is a new opportunity for greatness as the dawn unfolds and our leaves spread outward to absorb.” – Byron Pulsifer
62. “You must remain focused on your journey to greatness.” – Les Brown
63. “The greatness of a man is not how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.” – Bob Marley
64. “Greatness is not found in possessions, power, position, or prestige. It is discovered in goodness, humility, service, and character.” – William Arthur Ward
65. “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great ones make you feel that you, too, can become great.” – Mark Twain
More Greatness Quotes That You Need to Read Today
66. “Greatness is a road leading towards the unknown.” – Charles de Gaulle
67. “Recycle your pain, allow your pain to reach you to greatness.” – Eric Thomas
68. “Surround yourself with those who see greatness within you, even when you don’t see it yourself!” – Zig Ziglar
69. “Greatness, generally speaking, is an unusual quantity of a usual quality grafted upon a common man.” – William Allen White
70. “When you are in the company of greatness, there is only one thing to do: to raise your game.” – Dale Steyn
Are You Doing Everything You Can to Achieve Greatness in Life?
Greatness can be found in all aspects of our lives. In our personal lives, it may manifest itself through our peace of mind and good relationships with others. At work or school, greatness can mean being a top performer and receiving awards.
No matter what kind of greatness we’re looking for, one thing is for sure: it’s something that affects our growth and development as humans. When we try to achieve greatness, we hone our skills and talents into things that can help us achieve more. At the same time, we become more accepting of our flaws and mistakes because we understand that they’re all stepping stones toward greatness.
The road to greatness might get bumpy. But, as long as you remember that everything’s part of your personal development, your missteps will be much easier to handle and accept. Keep in mind that all the good and bad things are part of your journey to success; don’t ever shy away from them.
With that, we hope you were able to learn a thing or two about greatness through this list. Keep our collection in your bookmarks so you have something to look back on whenever you need some motivation or encouragement. You will always grow through what you go through, so don’t stop aiming for greatness!