Here are some of our favorite spirit quotes that will help you realize your true purpose in this world!
Finding our purpose in life depends greatly on our spirituality. After all, our spirits are infinitely tied to our character, souls, and passions. When we’re aware of everything about our spirits, we’ll be able to mold our character and soul into something that’ll assist us in finding our purpose in life.
Our talent and skills are things that can help us succeed, but they are nothing if we don’t allow our spirits to lead us to where we truly belong. This is precisely why developing and molding our spirituality is essential.
Searching for the intangible would undoubtedly be challenging. So, to guide you, we’ve rounded up a few of the most meaningful quotes you can reflect on. Read on and be inspired to find your inner being and voice!
Check the complete list below.
And don’t miss out these symbolism quotes and inner peace quotes.
Best Spirit Quotes
1. “A man’s spirit is free, but his pride binds him with chains of suffocation in a prison of his own insecurities.” – Jeremy Aldana
2. “Human spirit is the ability to face the uncertainty of the future with curiosity and optimism. It is the belief that problems can be solved and differences resolved. It is a type of confidence. And it is fragile. It can be blackened by fear and superstition.” – Bernard Beckett
3. “The greatest achievement of the human spirit is to live up to one’s opportunities and make the most of one’s resources.” – Luc de Clapiers
4. “Rise above sectional interests and private ambitions—pass from matter to spirit. Matter is diversity; spirit is light, life, and unity.” – Muhammad Iqbal
5. “Spirit is like the wind, in that we can’t see it but can see its effects, which are profound.” – Jimmy Carter
6. “The human body has limitations. The human spirit is boundless.” – Dean Karnazes
7. “What drains your spirit drains your body. What fuels your spirit fuels your body.” – Caroline Myss
8. “There is a light in this world—a healing spirit more powerful than any darkness we may encounter. We sometimes lose sight of this force when there is suffering and too much pain. Then suddenly, the spirit will emerge through the lives of ordinary people who hear a call and answer in extraordinary ways.” – Richard Attenborough
Spirit Quotes for Your Encouragement
9. “In life, it is important to not be afraid to put yourself out there, win or lose. It is all about the spirit of challenging yourself to be open to realizing your highest potential.” – Cynthia Bailey
10. “The eagle has no fear of adversity. We need to be like the eagle and have a fearless spirit of a conqueror!” – Joyce Meyer
11. “Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage. The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.” – William Ellery Channing
12. “I think it’s the human spirit inside of all of us that has an enormous capacity to survive.” – Amanda Lindhout
13. “Walk with the dreamers, the believers, the courageous, the cheerful, the planners, the doers, the successful people with their heads in the clouds and their feet on the ground. Let their spirit ignite a fire within you to leave this world better than when you found it.” – Wilfred Peterson
Spirit Quotes That Zoom in on One’s Mind
14. “Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.” – Albert Einstein
15. “The whole essence of the body is the spirit, while the governor of both spirit and body is the mind.” – Saint Vardapet Eghishē
16. “The same way we grow our bodies, we must attend to our mind and spirit.” – Nikki Rowe
17. “When people rely on surface appearances and false racial stereotypes, rather than in-depth knowledge of others at the level of the heart, mind, and spirit, their ability to assess and understand people accurately is compromised.” – James A. Forbes
Short Spirit Quotes Packed With Wisdom
18. “Life without liberty is like a body without spirit.” – Khalil Gibran
19. “Your sacred space is where you can find yourself over and over again.” – Joseph Campbell
20. “The spirit of envy can destroy—it can never build.” – Margaret Thatcher
21. “The spirit finds a way to be born. Instinct seeks for ways to survive.” – Toba Beta
22. “A strong spirit transcends rules.” – Prince
23. “You are never alone. You are eternally connected with everyone.” – Amit Ray
24. “The flesh covers the bones and makes the spirit naked.” – Anthony Liccione
25. “Love and desire are the spirit’s wings to great deeds.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Spirit Quotes to Unleash the Power Within You
26. “The human spirit. Unbreakable. Relentless. Free.” – Garth Brooks
27. “It isn’t until you come to a spiritual understanding of who you are—not necessarily a religious feeling, but deep down, the spirit within—that you can begin to take control.” – Oprah Winfrey
28. “Release your majestic mind, embrace your untamed inner spirit. Break free from captivity, avoid society—you were born to be free.” – Melanie Muller
29. “The spirit becomes free only when it ceases to be a support.” – Franz Kafka
30. “Exploration is really the essence of the human spirit.” – Frank Borman
31. “There are incalculable resources in the human spirit, once it has been set free.” – Hubert H. Humphrey
Meaningful Spirit Quotes for Your Wild and Beautiful Soul
32. “It is the free-spirited men and women that we most admire and often envy—those individuals who dare to be themselves.” – Kevyn Aucoin
33. “I am a free spirit—a spirit that evolves. I’m a diamond. I’m just refining it. Polishing it. Glossing it up.” – Simeon Rice
34. “Each one of us has it in themselves to be a free spirit, just as every rose bud has in it a rose.” – Rudolf Steiner
35. “We are all free spirits. We must choose to practice freedom.” – Sark
36. “A free spirit is not bound by this, that, matter, materialism or opinion. They sing, dance, and flow on the wind—for they are at one with it. They are nothing and everything—void and expanse. Even space and time do not confine or define them. For they are pure energy itself.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
37. “A free spirit takes liberties even with liberty itself.” – Francis Picabia
38. “To keep our faces toward chance and behave like free spirits in the presence of fate is strength undefeatable.” – Helen Keller
39. “I’m just really a free spirit. You gotta be like that. ‘Cause life ain’t that complicated. It’s only that complicated when you make it that way. I just wanna wake up and move with the way it goes. If it’s meant to happen, it will happen.” – Future
40. “I want to live my life without filters. I don’t walk on eggshells. I say what I want, and I’m a very free spirit.” – Demi Lovato
41. “She has a free spirit, a reckless mind, and a rebellious heart that isn’t meant to be tamed. Love her wild, and you will never lose her.” – Madiha Batool
42. “I am a free spirit. I am very impulsive. I put the most trust in people chance after chance, regardless of how they treat me.” – Sasha Lane
43. “They can’t chain my spirit! My spirit runs free! Walls can’t contain it! Laws can’t restrain it! Authority has no power over it!” – Bill Watterson
44. “I’m a human, and I’m multidimensional. If I was the perfect form of anything, I’d be boring. If I was a free spirit all the time, I would be boring; I would lack depth. If I was dark and enigmatic all the time, then I would lack relatability.” – Halsey
45. “The free soul is rare, but you know it when you see it—basically because you feel good, very good when you are near or with them.” – Charles Bukowski
46. “I am a quiet word of love spoken in the heart of an angel; I am a free spirit at play in the fields of elation.” – Zara Borthwick
Spirit Quotes to Get You Closer to Your Inner Being
47. “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience.” – Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
48. “Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, man cannot live without a spiritual life.” – Buddha
49. “You have to grow from the inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.” – Swami Vivekananda
50. “The spiritual journey is the unlearning of fear and the acceptance of love.” – Marianne Williamson
51. “Sometimes I think there are only two instructions we need to follow to develop and deepen our spiritual life: slow down and let go.” – Oriah Mountain Dreamer
52. “Spirituality is not about being fixed; it is about God being present in the mess of our unfixedness.” – Michael Yaconelli
53. “The spiritual life is not a life before, after, or beyond our everyday existence. No, the spiritual life can only be real when it is lived in the midst of the pains and joys of the here and now.” – Henri Nouwen
54. “One of the most spiritual things you can do is embrace your humanity. Connect with those around you today. Say, ‘I love you,’ ‘I’m sorry,’ ‘I appreciate you,’ ‘I’m proud of you,’—whatever you’re feeling. Send random texts, write a cute note, embrace your truth and share it. Cause a smile today for someone else and give plenty of hugs.” – Steve Maraboli
55. “We must become so alone, so utterly alone, that we withdraw into our innermost self. It is a way of bitter suffering. But then our solitude is overcome; we are no longer alone, for we find that our innermost self is the spirit, that it is God, the indivisible. And suddenly we find ourselves in the midst of the world, yet undisturbed by its multiplicity, for our innermost soul we know ourselves to be one with all being.” – Hermann Hesse
56. “Part of spiritual and emotional maturity is recognizing that it’s not like you’re going to try to fix yourself and become a different person. You remain the same person, but you become awakened.” – Jack Kornfield
Deep Spirit Quotes to Think About
57. “And it is you, spirit—with will and energy, and virtue and purity—that I want, not alone with your brittle frame.” – Charlotte Bronte
58. “My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my savior.” – Anonymous
59. “The real spiritual progress of the aspirant is measured by the extent to which he achieves inner tranquility.” – Swami Sivananda
60. “There are only two forces in the world, the sword and the spirit. In the long run, the sword will always be conquered by the spirit.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
61. “Man never made any material as resilient as the human spirit.” – Bernard Williams
62. “Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit.” – Edward Abbey
63. “In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit.” – Anne Frank
64. “Happiness is spiritual, born of truth and love. It is unselfish; therefore, it cannot exist alone but requires all mankind to share it.” – Mary Baker Eddy
65. “When the past no longer illuminates the future, the spirit walks in darkness.” – Alexis de Tocqueville
66. “The human spirit collapses not when it is deprived of food but when it is denied a dream.” – Andy Paula
More Spirit Quotes That Everyone Must Read at Least Once
67. “Too much study wears the body. But the truth refreshes the soul, sustains the spirit for a beautiful body.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
68. “The first peace, which is the most important, is that which comes within the souls of people when they realize their relationship, their oneness with the universe and all its powers, and when they realize at the center of the universe dwells the Great Spirit, and that its center is really everywhere, it is within each of us.” – Black Elk
69. “Age has no reality except in the physical world. The essence of a human being is resistant to the passage of time. Our inner lives are eternal, which is to say that our spirits remain as youthful and vigorous as when we were in full bloom. Think of love as a state of grace, not the means to anything, but the alpha and omega. An end in itself.” – Gabriel García Márquez
70. “My spirit. This is a new thought. I’m not sure exactly what it means, but it suggests I’m a fighter. In a sort of brave way. It’s not as if I’m never friendly. Okay, maybe I don’t go around loving everybody I meet, maybe my smiles are hard to come by, but I do care for some people.” – Suzanne Collins
Has Your Understanding of Yourself Changed After Reading the Quotes Above?
Our spirit possesses our innermost beings. Because of this, how we take care of our spirit reflects who we are as individuals. More than that, our spirit is what would lead us to true happiness, so we must focus on taking good care of it.
It’s hard to understand something so intangible. But, this mustn’t be a reason for you to just give up on cultivating a healthy and happy mind, body, and soul. Thankfully, the quotes we’ve compiled above provide some meaningful lessons we can utilize to care for and cultivate our spirits properly.
For one, we must take the time to meditate and be in tune with our thoughts. If we do this, we get ourselves in sync with our innermost selves. We are then able to really understand what our soul needs to thrive.
When we go through life with a good understanding of our spirit, we can rest assured that whatever we go through, nothing will be able to stand against us. Remember, if you are deeply rooted, you become unshakeable, and you will be able to accomplish great things.
We hope these spirit quotes were able to help you up your spiritual life to the next level. Let this list serve as a guide that’ll help you find your purpose in this world. Take it one step at a time, and remember that your spirit will always guide you toward what’s good!