No matter what kind of sport you play, you’ll no doubt learn a thing or two from these The Mighty Ducks quotes we’ve compiled.
The Mighty Ducks is a trilogy released by Disney about an ice hockey team composed of young kids. Everything started in the 1992 release, where an attorney was pulled over for drunk driving. To absolve his crime, he was sentenced to 500 hours of community service.
This is when he meets the Twin Cities ice hockey team. Sadly, they are losers in the league and almost always rank last. Coupled with Gordon Bombay’s dislike for kids, it just seems like a recipe for disaster.
However, the kids slowly melted Gordon’s cold heart, and they worked together to improve the team’s standings. The plot itself is simple enough, but the heartwarming messages in the movie captured the hearts of fans, allowing for second and third installments.
We’ve gathered the best quotes from the movies, so be sure you don’t miss out. Make sure you list down your favorites, too!
Best The Mighty Ducks Quotes
1. “A team isn’t a bunch of kids out to win. A team is something you belong to, something you feel, something you have to earn.” – Gordon Bombay
2. Frank Huddy: “You really stooped to an all-time low on this one, Bombay.”
Gordon Bombay: “I’m insulted by that, Frank. You have no idea how low I can stoop.”
Frank Huddy: “I mean, I don’t mind losing; I’d just like to lose fairly.”
Gordon Bombay: “Losing fair is still losing, Frank. Gotta go for the ‘W’ every time!”
Frank Huddy: “And what about justice, huh? That man, he should be in jail.”
Gordon Bombay: “It was your job to put him there, so don’t take it out on me! Next time do your job, Franky-Boy.”
3. “A quarter of an inch the other way and you would have missed completely.” – Charlie Conway
4. “Because it’s not worth winning if you can’t win big!” – Coach Jack Reilly
5. “Why’d you turn against me, Gordon? For six years, I taught ya how to skate, I taught ya how to score, I taught ya how to go for the ‘W.’ You could have been one of the greats! And now, look at yourself. You’re not even a has-been. You’re a never-was.” – Coach Jack Reilly
6. Gordon Bombay: “You guys know what it’s like to be misunderstood, right?”
Peter Mark: “Yeah, of course, we’re kids.”
The Mighty Ducks Quotes That Are Simply Ionic
7. “Keep swingin’. Maybe you’ll give them a cold.” – Gordon Bombay
8. Gordon Bombay: “Now here’s the long and the short of it: I hate hockey, and I don’t like kids.”
Peter Mark: “What’s this supposed to be, a pep talk?”
Gordon Bombay: “I’m sure this will be a real bonding experience. One day, maybe one of you will write a book about it in jail.”
9. Coach Jack Reilly: “You got somethin’ to say to me, Bombay?”
Gordon Bombay: “To think I wasted all those years worrying about what you thought. You’re going down Reilly.”
10. Gordon Bombay: “Yes, sir, Mr. Ducksworth. Thank you very much, Mr. Ducksworth. Quack, quack, quack, Mr. Ducksworth!”
Mr. Gerald Ducksworth: “Gordon, stop quacking!”
Gordon Bombay: “Quack, quack, quack, quack, quack!”
11. “The law’s a bitch when it works against ya, isn’t it Jack!” – Gordon Bombay
12. Lewis: “Rink’s gotta be around here someplace.”
Gordon Bombay: “Just look for a sign that says ‘Personal Hell.’”
13. Mr. Ducksworth: “Are you prepared to lose your job over some kids, some game?”
Bombay: “That depends, sir. Are you prepared to fire me over some kids, some game?”
14. “Yo dude! You are obviously in the wrong hood. This is my dominion, and it’s a drug-free zone. You understand? Now I’m feelin’ generous today. So I’m gonna let you get your sorry vanilla booty out of here before we be usin’ your eyeballs as hockey pucks!” – Jesse Hall
Unforgettable The Mighty Ducks Quotes From the Sequels
15. “Don’t be careless, but don’t be too careful either.” – Coach Ted Orion
16. “You cannot be afraid to lose. That’s how you gain the confidence to attack the puck when the game isn’t yours.” – Coach Ted Orion
17. “I hate ties. They’re like kissing your brother.” – Julie Gaffney
18. “And when the wind blows hard, and the sky is black, Ducks fly together!” – Michelle McKay
19. “I’m no lady. I’m a duck!” – Julie Gaffney
20. “You came 2,000 miles to make fun of me? You could have done that over the phone.” – Gordon Bombay
What Quote From The Mighty Ducks Can You Relate to the Most?
The Mighty Ducks is an iconic movie trilogy for every 90s kid who grew up watching it. However, apart from the simple yet relatable plot, it’s remembered for its morals and what it teaches kids. Sports is a good starting point, but the movie goes above and beyond by helping its viewers know the right way to play.
Every coach out there wants nothing else but for their team to win. Given that, they are usually willing to do everything they can to propel their team to greatness. This is what Gordon Bombay felt.
Unfortunately, in the beginning, Gordon resulted in trying to cheat their way into a win. Obviously, it didn’t work out; even if it did, it wouldn’t be something they should be proud of. He realized his mistake and apologized to the kids he was leading.
Cheating will never be the correct answer to anything. This is a straightforward lesson we can learn from The Mighty Ducks that we can apply to any aspect of our lives.
There will be a lot of strategies we can try to get closer to our goals. However, we should always steer clear of cheating. So, remember that the right way to play is by being honest, respectable, and open-minded.