These top 50 think before you speak quotes will help you craft more well-thought-out responses before you reply or react to any circumstance!
We need to be more mindful every time we open our mouths. What words will we use, and how will we tell them? How will these words affect the person we’re talking to?
Every word we say will leave an impact on other people. They say that words have the power to heal the world, but if you’re not careful, they have the capacity to burn forests to the ground, too. So, think before you speak!
Don’t say anything impulsive as it might shatter or break the relationship you’ve built with others. If you need help in this regard, don’t hesitate to check out our complete list below. Take note of the best think before you speak quotes and apply them in your daily life!
Check out the list below.
And make sure to read these trying quotes and keep trying quotes.
Best Think Before You Speak Quotes
1. “Thinking doesn’t hurt. Words do. Words have the power to heal. Words have power to kill.” – Anna Maledon
2. “Every time you speak right, you are training yourself to think right and act right.” – T. B. Joshua
3. “The tongue has no bones, but it is strong enough to break a heart. So be careful with your words.” – Anonymous
4. “We’ve all been hurt by words before. So before you speak, think about how your words might affect someone else.” – Naya Rivera
5. “You are master of what you say until you utter it; once you deliver it, you are its captive. Preserve your tongue as you do your gold and money. One word could bring disgrace and the termination of a bliss.” – Ali Ibn Abi Talib A.S.
6. “When I get ready to talk to people, I spend two-thirds of the time thinking what they want to hear and one-third thinking about what I want to say.” – Abraham Lincoln
7. “Your word is your wand. The words you speak create your own destiny.” – Florence Scovel Shinn
8. “We fail to say the right words because we choose to say the wrong words! We choose to say the wrong words because we fail to think about the right words!” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
Famous Quotes on Thinking Before Speaking
9. “Keep quiet and ponder! Speak and say something!” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
10. “Think before you speak, and don’t say everything you think.” – Alexander Lebed
11. “Think before you speak. Read before you think.” – Fran Lebowitz
12. “Words scar more than you think. Think before you speak.” – Anonymous
13. “Words are powerful; speak wisely.” – Anonymous
14. “Anything you say can be used against you. Think before you speak.” – Anonymous
15. “The brain is placed superior to the mouth. Think before you speak.” – Anonymous
16. “A fool is made more of a fool when their mouth is more open than their mind.” – Anthony Liccione
Think Before You Speak Quotes to Make You Intentional in Your Actions
17. “Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another.” – Napoleon Hill
18. “Think before you speak; your words could hurt someone’s feelings more than you intended it to.” – Justin Bieber
19. “Be careful with your words. Once they are said, they can only be forgiven, not forgotten.” – Anonymous
20. “Be careful of the words you speak. It may be just words, but sometimes it also hurts.” – Mhaj Porras
21. “Think before you speak. Your own words can cure or curse you. The power in your tongue can spill blessings or lessons.” – Bianca McCormick-Johnson
22. “Think before you speak, own what you say—and remember, words are weapons. They can hit hard, and they can cut deep.” – Dana Stoner-Blech
Think Before You Speak Quotes That Will Have Your Mind Reeling
23. “Be sure to taste your words before you spit them out.” – Anonymous
24. “To talk without thinking is to shoot without aiming.” – Greg Clarke
25. “Remember your words can plant gardens or burn forests down.” – Gemma Troy
26. “Speak when you are angry, and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.” – Ambrose Bierce
27. “One matchstick has the power to burn thousands of trees. Likewise, one word has the power to destroy any true relationship. So, use your words wisely.” – Anonymous
28. “The less people think, the more they talk.” – Proverb
Think Before You Speak Quotes for Those Who Need to Rethink Their Words
29. “Open your mind before your mouth.” – Anonymous
30. “Before engaging your mouth, first ensure that your brain is in gear.” – Anonymous
31. “Life isn’t about just talking, it’s about thinking too.” – Marie Symeou
32. “If you don’t think, then you shouldn’t talk.” – Anonymous
Think Before You Speak Quotes to Help You Form Good Habits
33. “The most important step in developing skillful speech is to think before speaking.” – Allan Lokos
34. “Why talk and say the unsaid words in haste when silence can speak the unspoken words?” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
35. “Analyze before you finalize in short; connect your mouth to the brain before you talk.” – Anonymous
36. “Choose your words wisely; put your brain in gear before you put your mouth in action.” – Anonymous
Think Before You Speak Quotes Packed With Realistic Warnings
37. “Watch what you say when you’re angry.” – Anonymous
38. “Before you say something, stop and think how you’d feel if someone said it to you.” – Anonymous
39. “Think before you speak because your words can hurt a person, and you may lose that person in your life.” – Prameela Dsouza
40. “Think before you speak. In the heat of the moment, it’s easy to say something you’ll later regret.” – Dr. Anil Kumar Sinha
41. “The tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do.” – James 3:5
42. “Be careful with your words. Once they are said, they can be only forgiven, not forgotten.” – Carl Sandburg
43. “Be careful what you say. You can say something hurtful in ten seconds, but ten years later, the wounds are still there.” – Joel Osteen
44. “Take care of your tongue like the way you take care of gold and silver.” – Ali Ibn Abi Talib A. S.
Other Think Before You Speak Quotes for Useful Pieces of Advice
45. “Think before you speak. Is it true, helpful, inspiring, necessary, kind?” – Alan Redpath
46. “Before you decide to speak and say something that may hurt someone, just take a second to think how you would feel if it were said to you.” – Dave Hedges
47. “It is only the young and callow and ignorant that admire rashness. Think before you speak. Know your subject.” – Cass Gilbert
48. “If you think twice before speaking once, you will speak twice the better for it.” – William Penn
49. “You only get to live life once, so make smart choices, overuse I love you, and think before you speak sometimes the bridges you burn today you may need tomorrow.” – Anonymous
50. “You are meant to think before you speak. How many times is your heart involved in what you are doing? Every act should be a spiritual one involving your total being—soul, mind, and body—done for the sake of the doing, given for the sake of the giving, worked for the sake of the working, not for the sake of what you can get out of it. The more you do this, uniting all the aspects of your being, the more you will create harmony, balance, and peace.” – Jack Schwarz
How Did These Think Before You Speak Quotes Impact Your Perspective?
The most critical step in any form of communication is thinking. Without reflecting on what we would be saying, how can we be sure that what we say will make sense? Furthermore, how can we be sure that our words will have the desired effect on the person we’re speaking to?
When we carefully consider what we say and how we’ll say it, there’s a bigger chance that what we want to impart will be effectively absorbed by the other. We also lessen the risk of hurting others in the process because we get to consider the possible consequences of our words first.
Remember, every word that comes out of our mouths tells more about the kind of person we are than the person or topic we’re talking about. So, take the time to think carefully and thoroughly before responding or reacting to anything.
Your words and how you say them reflect who we truly are. With that, make sure you speak with love, compassion, and understanding.
Let this list remind you of how important it is to think before you speak. Remember, your words have the power to make or break people!