Here are the top 60 Avatar quotes to satisfy the sci-fi fan in you.
With a full two hours of screen time, there’s more than just a few nuggets of wisdom and inspiration we can pick up from this audio-visual masterpiece.
This collection covers topics like life, love, and relations; but most of all, it tackles human fallibility.
It is a wake-up call for us to realize that we, as humans, are not perfect beings.
Continue reading the list below to find out more.
And don’t miss out these Harry Potter quotes and The Lord of the Rings quotes.
Best Avatar Quotes
1. “They chose me for something. I will stand and fight. You know I will, but I need a little help here.” – Jake Sully
2. “So you just figured you’d come here, to the most hostile environment known to men, with no training of any kind, and see how it went? What was going through your head?” – Grace Augustine
3. “I’ve already chosen. But this woman must also choose me.” – Jake Sully
4. “They’re fond of arrows dipped in a neurotoxin that will stop your heart in one minute—and they have bones reinforced with naturally occurring carbon fiber. They are very hard to kill.” – Miles Quaritch
5. “Sometimes, your whole life boils down to one insane move.” – Jake Sully
6. “You are not in Kansas anymore. You are on Pandora, ladies and gentlemen. Respect that fact every second of every day.” – Miles Quaritch
7. “Everything is backwards now.” – Jake Sully
8. “Maybe I was sick of doctors telling me what I couldn’t do.” – Jake Sully
9. “Out there, beyond that fence, every living thing that crawls, flies, or squats in the mud wants to kill you and eat your eyes for jujubes. We have an indigenous population of humanoids called the Na’vi.” – Miles Quaritch
10. “Our great mother does not take sides, Jake; she protects the balance of life.” – Neytiri
11. “If it ain’t raining, we ain’t training.” – Jake Sully
12. “More Sky People are gonna come. They’re gonna come like a rain that never ends. Unless we stop them.” – Jake Sully
13. “If Grace is there with you, look in her memories. She can show you the world we come from. There’s no green there. They killed their mother, and they’re gonna do the same here.” – Jake Sully
14. “I came to learn.” – Jake Sully
15. “We will show the Sky People that they cannot take whatever they want!” – Jake Sully
16. “If you wish to survive, you need to cultivate a strong mental aptitude. You got to obey the rules—Pandora rules.” – Miles Quaritch
17. “I want this mission high and tight. I wanna be home for dinner.” – Miles Quaritch
18. “One life ends, another begins.” – Jake Sully
19. “All I ever wanted was a single thing worth fighting for.” – Jake Sully
Avatar Quotes on Life
20. “She said all energy is only borrowed, and one day, you have to give it back.” – Jake Sully
21. “The hostiles believe that this mountain territory is protected by their deity. And when we destroy it, we will blast a crater in their racial memory so deep.” – Miles Quaritch
22. “I was in the place the eye does not see. I needed their help, and they needed mine. But to ever face them again, I was gonna have to take it to a whole new level.” – Jake Sully
23. “Our only security lies in preemptive attack.” – Miles Quaritch
24. “The Sky People have sent us a message—that they can take whatever they want. That no one can stop them. Well, we will send them a message.” – Jake Sully
25. “I was a warrior who dreamed he could bring peace.” – Jake Sully
26. “Why save me?” – Jake Sully
27. “It is hard to fill a cup that is already full.” – Mo’at
28. “We will fight terror with terror.” – Miles Quaritch
29. “You have a strong heart, no fear. But stupid, ignorant like a child.” – Neytiri
30. “Everyone on this base, every one of you, is fighting for survival, and that’s a fact.” – Miles Quaritch
31. “When people are sitting’ on shit that you want, you make ’em your enemy. Then you’re justified in taking it.” – Jake Sully
32. “My cup is empty. Trust me. Just ask Dr. Augustine. I’m no scientist.” – Jake Sully
33. “They’re just pissing on us without even giving us the courtesy of calling it rain.” – Dr. Grace Augustine
34. “Sooner or later though, you always have to wake up.” – Jake Sully
35. “Well, well, well. I’d say diplomacy has failed.” – Miles Quaritch
36. “As head of security, it’s my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed, not with all of you.” – Miles Quaritch
37. “We gotta get in the habit of documenting everything. What we see, what we feel. It’s all part of the science.” – Norm Spellman
38. “Good science is good observation.” – Dr. Max Patel
39. “Don’t play with that. You’ll go blind.” – Dr. Grace Augustine
Avatar Quotes on Love and Relationships
40. “You are Omaticaya now. You may make your bow from the wood of Hometree, and you may choose a woman.” – Neytiri
41. “How does it feel to betray your own race?” – Miles Quaritch
42. “Look, Sully, I want you to learn these savages from the inside, I want you to gain their trust. I need to know how to force their cooperation or hammer them hard if they won’t.” – Miles Quaritch
43. “Nothing’s over while I’m breathing.” – Miles Quaritch
44. “The Na’vi say that every person is born twice. The second time is when you earn your place among the people forever.” – Jake Sully
45. “You’re not the only one with a gun, bitch.” – Trudy Chacon
46. “Look, at first, it was just orders, and then, everything changed. Okay? I fell in love. I fell in love with the forest, with the Omaticaya people, with you.” – Jake Sully
47. “This is our land.” – Jake Sully
48. “Out there is the true world, and in here is the dream.” – Jake Sully
49. “I see you, brother, and thank you. Your spirit goes with Eywa. Your body stays behind to become part of the people.” – Jake Sully
50. “Never thank me for this. This is sad. They did not need to die.” – Neytiri
51. “Those savages are threatening our whole operation. We’re on the brink of war, and you’re supposed to be finding a diplomatic solution. So use what you’ve got and get me some results.” – Parker Selfridge
52. “My daughter will teach you our ways. Learn well, Jake Sully. Then, we will see if your insanity can be cured.” – Mo’at
53. “I was hoping for some kind of tactical plan that didn’t involve martyrdom.” – Trudy Chacon
54. “I may not be much of a horse guy, but I was born to do this.” – Jake Sully
55. “They didn’t even have a word for ‘lie.’” – Jake Sully
56. “There’s no such thing as an ex-marine. You may be out, but you never lose the attitude.” – Jake Sully
57. “Neytiri calls me ‘skxawng.’ It means ‘moron.’” – Jake Sully
58. “Trust me now.” – Jake Sully
59. “This is gonna ruin my whole day!” – Dr. Grace Augustine
60. “Toruk Macto was mighty. He brought the clans together in a time of great sorrow. All Na’vi people know this story.” – Neytiri
Did You Realize the Limits of Human Capabilities Through These Avatar Quotes?
In the movie, it shows the vast difference between humans and what we call ‘aliens’. It’s message is profound and deep—human nature tends to make us think that humans are the superior race. However, that isn’t always the case. We, as humans, are conditioned to make mistakes and allow ourselves to be swallowed by our greed, insensitivity, and arrogance. There will always be room for improvement, and we should accept and act towards this fact.
Did you enjoy the Avatar movie when it was released? What did you learn from the movie? Let us know by commenting down below.