Let this collection of trust quotes inspire you to fight for truth, integrity, and loyalty in a world full of lies and deceit.
Trust is one of the most fundamental aspects of any relationship. Most people associate it with romantic relationships, but it goes way beyond that.
Trust is important to have within yourself, your family, friends, and even your colleagues.
Sadly, the world we live in now is full of betrayal.
To achieve success and power, people result in backstabbing others just to get ahead. If we normalize this kind of practice, what kind of a future will our children and we have?
So, to remind you of how important trust is in life, check out this list of quotes.
We’ve also included wise advice from famous and ordinary people on building trust. Make sure you don’t miss out!
Continue to the complete list below.
Best Trust Quotes
1. “The best way to find out if you can trust somebody is to trust them.” – Ernest Hemingway
2. “Trust is the glue of life. It’s the most essential ingredient in effective communication. It’s the foundational principle that holds all relationships.” – Stephen Covey
3. “Trust is like blood pressure. It’s silent, vital to good health, and if abused, it can be deadly.” – Frank Sonnenberg
4. “Trust must be rebuilt over time. Trust requires a track record.” – Rick Warren
5. “Trusting is hard. Knowing who to trust, even harder.” – Maria V. Snyder
6. “Trust is built when someone is vulnerable and not taken advantage of.” – Bob Vanourek
7. “Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.” – Kahlil Gibran
8. “Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair.” – Dhar Mann
9. “When you fully trust someone without any doubt, you finally get one of two results—a person for life or a lesson for life.” – Anonymous
10. “Without trust, there can be no genuine peace—neither in politics nor the quiet individuality of the heart and spirit.” – Timothy Zahn
Famous Trust Quotes
11. “He who does not trust enough will not be trusted.” – Lao Tzu
12. “To be trusted is a greater compliment than to be loved.” – George MacDonald
13. “Trust is like a vase, once it’s broken, though you can fix it, the vase will never be the same again.” – Walter Anderson
14. “Learning to trust is one of life’s most difficult tasks.” – Isaac Watts
15. “Trust is very hard if you don’t know what you’re trusting.” – Marianne Williamson
16. “Trust. It is like placing a blade in someone’s hand and setting the very point to your heart.” – Cassandra Clare
17. “Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it’s broken, but you can still see the crack in that motherfucker’s reflection.” – Lady Gaga
18. “If we do not trust one another, we are already defeated.” – Alison Croggon
19. “I wanted to explain that trusting is harder than being trusted.” – Simon Van Booy
Inspiring Trust Quotes to Keep In Mind
20. “In this world, there was nothing scarier than trusting someone. But there was also nothing more rewarding.” – Brad Meltzer
21. “If you have three people in your life that you can trust, you can consider yourself the luckiest person in the whole world.” – Selena Gomez
22. “Trust each other again and again. When the trust level gets high enough, people transcend apparent limits, discovering new and awesome abilities of which they were previously unaware.” – David Armistead
23. “Trust what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to go.” – Natalie Goldberg
24. “Trust your own instincts, go inside, follow your heart. Right from the start. Go ahead and stand up for what you believe in. As I’ve learned, that’s the path to happiness.” – Lesley Ann Warren
Trust Quotes That’ll Teach You About Life
25. “Trust only movement. Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement.” – Alfred Alder
26. “You must trust and believe in people or life becomes impossible.” – Anton Chekhov
27. “Learn to trust the journey, even when you do not understand it.” – Lolly Daskal
28. “As soon as you trust yourself, you will know how to live.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
29. “There are two reasons why we don’t trust people. First, we don’t know them. Second, we know them.” – Anonymous
30. “We’re never so vulnerable than when we trust someone. But paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy.” – Frank Crane
Trust Quotes for Those in Relationships
31. “The best proof of love is trust.” – Joyce Brothers
32. “Trust is not an obsession, it’s an extension of love. When we truly love someone, we give them our heart to hold in their hands. And when that love is returned, that very trust is the balm to our souls.” – Julie Lessman
33. “Trust is one of the most important things in a relationship. It won’t work if you don’t trust each other.” – Anonymous
34. “Don’t trust people whose feelings change with time.. Trust people whose feelings remain the same, even when the time changes.” – Ziad K. Abdelnour
35. “Have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time.” – Maya Angelou
36. “After all, trust is greater than love, and to truly trust another human being is rare. Love can exist without trust, but trust cannot exist without love.” – Sammy Sutton
37. “Relationships are about trust. If you have to play detective, then it’s time to move on.” – Anonymous
38. “Love meant jumping off a cliff and trusting that a certain person would be there to catch you at the bottom.” – Jodi Picoult
39. “Loving someone is giving them the power to break your heart, but trusting them not to.” – Julianne Moore
40. “It’s a delight to trust somebody so completely.” – Jeff Goldblum
41. “After all, damn it, what does being in love mean if you can’t trust a person?” – Evelyn Waugh
42. “When mistrust comes in, loves goes out.” – Irish Proverb
43. “‘I love you’ is far different from ‘I trust you.” – Shelaxai
44. “Without trust, it’s only a matter of time before relationships crumble.” – Anonymous
Short Trust Quotes Filled With Wisdom
45. “Trust, but verify.” – Ronald Reagan
46. “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” – William Shakespeare
47. “Trust starts with truth and ends with truth.” – Santosh Kalwar
48. “Trust is built with consistency.” – Lincoln Chafee
49. “Only those you trust can betray you.” – Terry Goodkind
50. “Trust dies but mistrust blossoms.” – Sophocles
51. “Don’t trust the person who has broken faith once.” – William Shakespeare
52. “Trust everybody, but cut the cards.” – Finley Peter Dunne
53. “Trust is like an eraser; it gets smaller and smaller after every mistake.” – Anonymous
54. “To be joyful, try less and trust more.” – Richard Daly
55. “All the world is made of faith, and trust, and pixie dust.” – J.M. Barrie
Deep Trust Quotes That’ll Change Your Worldview
56. “Trust is what we do each day when we get out of our bed and put our clothes on. It is the thing that makes it possible for us to keep putting one foot in front of the other.” – Iyanla Vanzant
57. “The trust of the innocent is the liar’s most useful tool.” – Stephen King
58. “Trust is like blood pressure. It’s silent, vital to good health, and if abused it can be deadly.” – Frank Sonnenberg
59. “Trust your instincts, and make judgments on what your heart tells you. The heart will not betray you.” – David Gemmell
60. “Trust is hard to earn and it can be 10 times harder to earn back once broken.” – Kevin Allen
61. “Trust is like a paper, once it’s crumpled it can’t be perfect again.” – Anonymous
62. “For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.” – Suzanne Collins
63. “‘It was a mistake,’ you said. But the cruel thing was, it felt like the mistake was mine, for trusting you.” – David Levithan
Trust Quotes to Strengthen Your Faith
64. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” – Corrie ten Boom
65. “Trust is that rare and priceless treasure that wins us the affection of our heavenly Father.” – Brennan Manning
66. “Quit questioning God and start trusting Him!” – Joel Osteen
67. “They that trust in the Lord shall never be confounded!” – George Muller
68. “Never trust anyone completely but God. Love people, but put your full trust only in God.” – Lawrence Welk
Trust Quotes for Those in Business
69. “The people when rightly and fully trusted will return the trust.” – Abraham Lincoln
70. “Every kind of peaceful cooperation among men is primarily based on mutual trust.” – Albert Einstein
71. “Wise men put their trust in ideas and not in circumstances.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
72. “Trust is the lubrication that makes it possible for organizations to work.” – Warren Bennis
73. “The glue that holds all relationships together—including the relationship between the leader and the led—is trust, and trust is based on integrity.” – Brian Tracy
More Trust Quotes That Are Worth Reading
74. “It is mutual trust—even more than mutual interest—that holds human associations together.” – H.L. Mencken
75. “It is an equal failing to trust everybody and to trust nobody.” – English Proverb
76. “Better to trust the man who is frequently in error than the one who is never in doubt.” – Eric Sevareid
77. “Never trust someone who lies to you. Never lie to someone who trusts you.” – Deanna Wadsworth
78. “There’s never a reason to trust someone. If there’s a reason, then it’s not trust.” – Gerald Morris
79. “Trust your instinct to the end, though you can render no reason.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
80. “If you give your trust to a person who does not deserve it, you actually give him the power to destroy you.” – Khaled Saad
Did These Quotes Help You Figure Out How to Build Trust Within Your Own Social Circles?
Since the beginning of time, humans have lived in groups—in communities. Though some may live in more secluded areas, man is never really alone. This means we constantly interact with others, may it be with family, friends, or even strangers.
Imagine how hard it would be to live with others without trust. It’ll definitely feel like walking on eggshells, constantly turning and looking back to see if someone is planning something against you. If we live with this kind of attitude, we’ll succumb to fatigue, and our lives won’t be filled with positive and happy energies.
This, however, applies in all aspects of life, not just in our homes and our communities. How would you find the one you’d spend the rest of your life with if you constantly doubt them? How would you be successful at work if you couldn’t rely on your teammates and work together?
Trust is indeed the beginning and end of everything. So, let these quotes serve as a reminder to build trust amongst those you live and work with. By doing so, you can become more carefree and at peace.
Who’s the person you trust the most? Has your trust ever been broken? We’d love to hear your thoughts, so comment below.