If you’re someone who fears the unknown, read through these change quotes we’ve compiled and change your perspective!
Life is something that can be compared to many things. It can be a wheel that keeps on turning and a book that contains many unwritten and unopened chapters.
But, no matter what happens, only one thing in life is certain: it is never permanent or fixed.
Instead, life is ever-evolving. It’s constantly changing every second of the day. This is also precisely why we must be ready and open for change―no matter how expected or unexpected it is.
Change is scary, and there’s no denying that. So, to help you feel more at ease, we’ve compiled some quotes that’ll show you just how essential change is to growth and life.
Read through to the end and leave with meaningful insights to live by!
Best Change Quotes
1. “Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at change.” – Wayne Dyer
2. “Change, like healing, takes time.” – Veronica Roth
3. “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.” – Maya Angelou
4. “Any change, even a change for the better, is always accompanied by discomforts.” – Arnold Bennett
5. “Change is hardest at the beginning, messiest in the middle, and best at the end.” – Robin Sharma
6. “Change is the end result of all true learning.” – Leo Buscaglia
7. “Change is the law of life, and those who look only to the past and present are certain to miss the future.” – John F. Kennedy
8. “Change almost never fails because it’s too early. It almost always fails because it’s too late.” – Seth Godin
Famous Quotes About Change
9. “You must welcome change as the rule, but not as your ruler.” – Denis Waitley
10. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
11. “Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.” – Mandy Hale
12. “All that you touch, you change. All that you change, changes you. The only lasting truth is change. God is change.” – Octavia E. Butler
13. “Changing is what people do when they have no options left.” – Holly Black
14. “What people have the capacity to choose, they have the ability to change.” – Madeleine Albright
15. “Either way, change will come. It could be bloody, or it could be beautiful. It depends on us.” – Arundhati Roy
Change Quotes to Power You Up
16. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” – Steve Maraboli
17. “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” – Alan Watts
18. “People who can change and change again are so much more reliable and happier than those who can’t.” – Stephen Fry
19. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
20. “I cannot say whether things will get better if we change; what I can say is they must change if they are to get better.” – Georg C. Lichtenberg
21. “We all have big changes in our lives that are more or less a second chance.” – Harrison Ford
22. “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
23. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama
24. “Dreams are the seeds of change. Nothing ever grows without a seed, and nothing ever changes without a dream.” – Debby Boone
Quotes About Change in Life
25. “True life is lived when tiny changes occur.” – Leo Tolstoy
26. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
27. “Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes.” – Hugh Prather
28. “You never change your life until you step out of your comfort zone; change begins at the end of your comfort zone.” – Roy T. Bennett
29. “The past can teach us, nurture us, but it cannot sustain us. The essence of life is change, and we must move ever forward, or the soul will wither and die.” – Susanna Kearsley
30. “Things change, and friends leave―life doesn’t stop for anybody.” – Stephen Chbosky
31. “Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future; act now, without delay.” – Simone de Beauvoir
32. “To change one’s life: one, start immediately; two, do it flamboyantly; three. no exceptions.” – William James
Short Change Quotes
33. “Change in all things is sweet.” – Aristotle
34. “Change your thoughts, and you change your world.” – Norman Vincent Peale
35. “There is nothing permanent except change.” – Heraclitus
36. “Change before you have to.” – Jack Welch
37. “All great changes are preceded by chaos.” – Deepak Chopra
38. “People change. Circumstances change.” – Nicholas Sparks
39. “Change is inevitable. Change is constant.” – Benjamin Disraeli
Change Quotes to Encourage Growth
40. “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” – Gail Sheehy
41. “To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.” – Stephen R. Covey
42. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” – Winston Churchill
43. “Some changes look negative on the surface, but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” – Eckhart Tolle
44. “Believe something, and the universe is on its way to being changed―because you’ve changed by believing. Once you’ve changed, other things start to follow. Isn’t that the way it works?” – Diane Duane
45. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.” – Madonna
46. “When people are ready to, they change. They never do it before then, and sometimes, they die before they get around to it. You can’t make them change if they don’t want to, just like when they do want to, you can’t stop them.” – Andy Warhol
Wise Change Quotes to Think About
47. “And that is how change happens. One gesture. One person. One moment at a time.” – Libba Bray
48. “We can’t be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea.” – C. JoyBell C.
49. “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.” – James Baldwin
50. “Moving doesn’t change who you are. It only changes the view outside your window.” – Rachel Hollis
Change Quotes for Your Curious Minds
51. “They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.” – Andy Warhol
52. “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” – Buckminster Fuller
53. “The philosophers have only interpreted the world in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.” – Karl Marx
Change Quotes That’ll Propel You Toward Success
54. “Change not only was inevitable but usually brought its own rewards.” – Nicholas Sparks
55. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” – Steve Jobs
56. “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” – George Bernard Shaw
57. “It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t. It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.” – James Gordon
Also read: Success Quotes
More Change Quotes That You Will Love
58. “Yesterday, I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today, I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
59. “People change for two reasons: either they learned a lot, or they’ve been hurt too much.” – Anonymous
60. “Change is like that―you are no longer where you were; you are not yet where you will get; you are nowhere exactly.” – Lionel Shriver
How Open Are You to Change?
It’s so easy to get stuck in our comfort zones. After all, who would want to live life without complete knowledge of what awaits?
But, that’s just the thing; you can never say that you know―completely―how your life would unfold. Each decision you make sends a domino effect into your future. Additionally, every day is a new chapter of your life waiting to be written and discovered.
So, embrace change. Life is much more colorful, exciting, and meaningful if we live with the knowledge that change is key to our growth and self-development.
Start small―maybe even by taking one tiny step outside your comfort zone. Doing so will open up new horizons and opportunities for you to become the best possible version of yourself. And, whenever you feel fear of change creeping in again, revisit our list and be encouraged to power through the unknown!