When you feel like your progress has been stagnant lately, read through this list of the best growth quotes and recharge yourself!
Growth can be big or small. No matter how significant or minor it is, the most important thing to remember is that we keep moving forward―that we always take one step no matter how difficult things get.
This is because being human means constantly evolving and changing for the better. It won’t be easy, nor would it be quick.
But, reading this collection of the best growth quotes will be a good entry point.
Best Growth Quotes
1. “Growth equals change. If you want to get better, you have to keep changing and improving. That means stepping out into new areas.” – John Maxwell
2. “Growth is a very profound experience. It can be beautiful and ugly, empowering and confining, thought-provoking and mind-boggling, pleasant and unpleasant—all at the same time.” – Iyanla Vanzant
3. “Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weakness.” – Jean Vanier
4. “Life is growth. If we stop growing, technically and spiritually, we are as good as dead.” – Morihei Ueshiba
5. “Growth is painful. Change is painful. But, nothing is as painful as staying stuck where you do not belong.” – N. R. Narayana Murthy
Famous Growth Quotes
6. “Growth is a part of change, and change is a constant in our world.” – Anonymous
7. “Growth for the sake of growth is the ideology of the cancer cell.” – Edward Abbey
8. “Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.” – John F. Kennedy
9. “I want to grow. I want to be better. You grow. We all grow. We’re made to grow.” – Tupac Shakur
10. “We don’t grow old. When we cease to grow, we become old.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Short Growth Quotes
11. “Very early, I knew that the only objective in life was to grow.” – Margaret Fuller
12. “A self-willed man has no other aim than his own growth.” – Bruce Lee
13. “Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still.” – Chinese Proverb
14. “Growth is often a painful process.” – Elbert Hubbard
15. “The real growth happens with what you do after you’re at the wall.” – Darren Hardy
16. “Growth is not the product of effort but of life.” – Augustus H. Strong
17. “Growth is the only evidence of life.” – John Henry Newman
18. “Growth comes from progress. For all these reasons, begin.” – Brendon Burchard
19. “Remove the factors limiting growth.” – Peter Senge
Growth Quotes That Will Help You in Life
20. “Life is all about growth and change. It’s not static. It’s not about some destination.” – Bill Burnett
21. “Life is growth, and growth demands change. Change can be painful, yet resisting change is resisting growth. Resisting growth denies you success.” – Virend Singh
22. “The only way that we can live is if we grow. The only way that we can grow is if we change. The only way that we can change is if we learn. The only way we can learn is if we are exposed. And the only way that we can become exposed is if we throw ourselves out into the open. Do it. Throw yourself.” – C. Joybell C.
23. “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” – Gail Sheehy
24. “Life does not always give you what you want, but if you look closely, you will see that it gives you what you need for your growth.” – Leon Brown
25. “The challenges we face in life are always lessons that serve our soul’s growth.” – Marianne Williamson
26. “People become stronger because they have things they cannot forget. That’s what you call growth.” – Tsunade
Growth Quotes That’ll Bring About Self-Development
27. “In the realm of personal growth, there is also the continuous learning that occurs in your own control of your own destiny.” – Byron Pulsifer
28. “Without disappointment and the teaching it recommends, how will we ever grow as a person?” – Noaman Kaysingwala
29. “You will either step forward into growth, or you will step back into safety.” – Abraham Maslow
30. “Pеrѕоnаl growth is important in аll оf life’s stages. Уоu nееd to kеер growing to deal еffесtivеlу with others.” – James Stafford
31. “The more seriously you take your growth, the more seriously your people will take you.” – John C. Maxwell
Growth Quotes to Push You Forward
32. “Growth is simply learning how to suffer gracefully, elegantly, and not letting your pain completely tear you apart.” – Nikita Gill
33. “Everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occur while you’re climbing it.” – Andy Rooney
34. “You’ll never be able to grow if you’re afraid to lose people during the process. Sometimes past relationships don’t belong in new seasons.” – Trent Trenton
35. “In difficult times, we’re not supposed to quit believing; we’re not supposed to quit growing.” – Joel Osteen
36. “One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.” – Abraham Maslow
Wise Growth Quotes to Live By
37. “Use your mind, grow your mind, and grow your life’s experiences through learning.” – Matthew D. Mohr
38. “Don’t go through life; grow through life.” – Eric Butterworth
39. “Love yourself enough to create an environment in your life that is conducive to the nourishment of your personal growth. Allow yourself to let go of the people, thoughts, and situations that poison your well-being. Cultivate a vibrant surrounding and commit yourself to making choices that will help you release the greatest expression of your unique beauty and purpose.” – Steve Maraboli
Growth Quotes for Everyone Who Needs Positive Change
40. “Anyone can endeavor to learn something new each day and mark some growth.” – Wilferd Peterson
41. “Growth is never by mere chance; it is the result of forces working together.” – James Cash Penney
42. “You grow from your mistakes, and the next time you aim at a goal, you will know exactly what it takes to achieve it.” – Noah Daniels
43. “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill
44. “There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder.” – Ronald Reagan
45. “Every problem is a gift—without problems, we would not grow.” – Anthony Robbins
Meaningful Growth Quotes That You Need to Read Today
46. “Catch on fire if you must. Sometimes, everything needs to burn to the ground so that we may grow.” – A. J. Lawless
47. “Growth is a spiral process, doubling back on itself, reassessing, and regrouping.” – Julia Margaret Cameron
48. “If we’re growing, we’re always going to be out of our comfort zone.” – John Maxwell
49. “Someone once told me growth and comfort do not coexist. And I think it’s a really good thing to remember.” – Ginni Rometty
50. “Growth is attained through an exchange of the old for the new, of the good for the better; it is a conditional or reciprocal action, for each of us is a complete thought entity, and the completeness makes it possible for us to receive only as we give.” – Napoleon Hill
51. “We do not grow absolutely, chronologically. We grow sometimes in one dimension and not in another; unevenly. We grow partially. We are relative. We are mature in one realm and childish in another. The past, present, and future mingle and pull us backward, forward, or fix us in the present. We are made up of layers, cells, constellations.” – Anäis Nin
Growth Quotes to Attain a Mindset That’ll Lead To Success
52. “An environment of growth is where information is shared, personal development is encouraged, and discussions occur to help everyone grow and learn.” – Byron Pulsifer
53. “Whatever makes you uncomfortable is your biggest opportunity for growth.” – Bryant McGill
54. “Growth occurs when one goes beyond one’s limits. Realizing that is also part of training.” – Itachi Uchiha
55. “Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin
56. “Individuals in a growth mindset don’t simply look for challenge; they blossom with it. The greater the challenge, the more they stretch.” – K. Orient
57. “All growth depends upon activity. There is no development, physically or intellectually, without effort—and effort means work.” – Calvin Coolidge
Other Growth Quotes That You Will Learn From
58. “Real growth is when you start checking and correcting yourself.” – Anonymous
59. “The key to growth is the introduction of higher dimensions of consciousness into our awareness.” – Lao Tzu
60. “I think our fundamental belief is that for us, growth is a way of life, and we have to grow at all times.” – Mukesh Ambani
How Important Do You Think Growth Is?
Growth is something that affects all aspects of our lives. Its branches reach our personal life, our work life, and our relationship with other people. When we grow to become better people, these aspects of our lives are also affected positively.
By undergoing personal growth, we realize what makes us who we are―what things make us tick, what makes us happy, and what makes us feel content and loved. This allows us to bring our best possible selves to our work life and relationships with others.
When we are positive and know ourselves, we recognize our strengths and weaknesses. We can use our strengths to solve the challenges presented to us, and we can slowly train ourselves and hone our skills to turn our weaknesses into strengths. More than that, with a positive mindset, the probability of burnout lessens.
Lastly, growth makes our relationships with other people―family, friends, and even strangers―stronger than ever. This is because we’re able to show them our most authentic selves. We can love and care for others truly and deeply, without inhibitions and fears.
With that, we hope this list was able to show you just how immense the effects of growth are in your life. Growth is essential for us to become better people. It won’t be easy, but it’s something we should all go through.