Reading this list of dog quotes is the best way to fill yourself with love and thoughts about your best friend!
Dogs have long been humanity’s companions since the beginning of society. They are creatures that provide comfort, warmth, and love. Without them, the world will be a little duller and colder.
Indeed, dogs hugely impact our lives even in the short period that they are with us.
The time and unconditional love they offer should not be taken lightly. Instead, we must treasure the little moments and shower them with the affection they willingly give us.
So, whenever you want to think about the warm feeling of having a dog, then this collection is for you.
Our list below contains inspiring, wise, and heartwarming quotes about the best companions that mankind has!
Start reading here.
Best Dog Quotes
1. “Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.” – Roger A. Caras
2. “A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” – Josh Billings
3. “If you don’t own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life.” – Roger A. Caras
4. “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don’t know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring, it was peace.” – Milan Kundera
5. “Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith, and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.” – Roger A. Caras
6. “The bond with a true dog is as lasting as the ties of this earth will ever be.” – Konrad Lorenz
7. “Four legs, a happy tail, and that indescribable measure of love that we call a dog.” – Roger A. Caras
8. “What a beautiful world it would be if people had hearts like dogs.” – Anonymous
9. “Dogs don’t rationalize. They don’t hold anything against a person. They don’t see the outside of a human but the inside of a human.” – Cesar Millan
10. “If the kindest souls were rewarded with the longest lives, dogs would outlive us all.” – Anonymous
11. “Before you get a dog, you can’t quite imagine what living with one might be like. Afterward, you can’t imagine living any other way.” – Caroline Knapp
12. “Dogs die. But dogs live, too. Right up until they die, they live. They live brave, beautiful lives. They protect their families and love us, and make our lives a little brighter. And they don’t waste time being afraid of tomorrow.” – Dan Gemeinhart
Inspirational Dog Quotes
13. “Be the person your dog thinks you are.” – C.J. Frick
14. “I think dogs are the most amazing creatures. They give unconditional love. For me, they are the role model for being alive.” – Gilda Radner
15. “Opening up your life to a dog who needs a home is one of the most fulfilling things you can do.” – Emma Kenney
16. “I want to work like a dog, doing what I was born to do with joy and purpose. I want to play like a dog, with total, jolly abandon.” – Oprah Winfrey
17. “Why does watching a dog be a dog fill one with happiness?” – Jonathan Safran Foer
18. “Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and filling an emptiness we didn’t even know we had.” – Thom Jones
19. “The world would be a nicer place if everyone had the ability to love as unconditionally as a dog.” – M.K. Clinton
20. “A dog is the only thing that can mend a crack in your broken heart.” – Judy Desmond
21. “Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one is a life diminished.” – Dean Koontz
22. “A dog will teach you unconditional love. If you can have that in your life, things won’t be too bad.” – Robert Wagner
23. “A dog can snap you out of any kind of bad mood that you’re in faster than you can think of.” – Jill Abramson
24. “Having a dog will bless you with many of the happiest days of your life and one of the worst.” – Anonymous
25. “Not every person knows how to love a dog, but every dog knows how to love a person.” – Anonymous
26. “Over the years, I have felt the truest, purest love, the love of God, really, I imagine that’s what God’s love feels like, is the love that comes from your dog.” – Oprah Winfrey
27. “I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source.” – Doris Day
Cute Dog Quotes
28. “Dogs leave pawprints on our hearts.” – Anonymous
29. “You can usually tell that a man is good if he has a dog who loves him.” – W. Bruce Cameron
30. “Did you know that there are over 300 words for love in canine?” – Gabrielle Zevin
31. “Scratch a dog, and you’ll find a permanent job.” – Franklin P. Jones
32. “A dog teaches a boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.” – Josh Billings
33. “Dogs never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of being interested in the conversation.” – Jerome K. Jerome
34. “When an 85-pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it’s hard to feel sad.” – Kristan Higgins
35. “If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went.” – Will Rogers
Short Dog Quotes
36. “Home is where the dog runs to greet you.” – Anonymous
37. “Dogs and angels are not very far apart.” – Charles Bukowski
38. “A dog has the soul of a philosopher.” – Plato
39. “Dogs laugh, but they laugh with their tails.” – Max Eastman
40. “A house is not a home until it has a dog.” – Gerald Durrell
41. “Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really.” – Agnes Sligh Turnbull
42. “Happiness is a warm puppy.” – Charles M. Schulz
43. “Dogs do speak, but only to those who know how to listen.” – Orhan Pamuk
44. “A dog has one aim in life, to bestow his heart.” – J.R. Ackerley
45. “There is nothing truer in this world than the love of a good dog.” – Mira Grant
46. “The dog lives for the day, the hour, even the moment.” – Robert Falcon Scott
47. “My little dog—a heartbeat at my feet.” – Edith Wharton
48. “Every dog must have his day.” – Jonathan Swift
49. “Everything I know, I learned from dogs.” – Nora Roberts
Quotes About Dogs Loyalty
50. “If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and man.” – Mark Twain
51. “There is no faith which has never yet been broken, except that of a truly faithful dog.” – Konrad Lorenz
52. “A dog will make eye contact. A cat will, too, but a cat’s eyes don’t even look entirely warm-blooded to me, whereas a dog’s eyes look human, except less guarded. A dog will look at you as if to say, ‘What do you want me to do for you? I’ll do anything for you.’ Whether a dog can, in fact, do anything for you if you don’t have sheep is another matter. The dog is willing.” – Roy Blount Jr
53. “The love of a dog is a pure thing. He gives you a trust which is total. You must not betray it.” – Anonymous
54. “A dog doesn’t care if you’re rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart, and he will give you his.” – John Grogan
Funny Dog Quotes
55. “Anybody who doesn’t know what soap tastes like never washed a dog.” – Franklin P. Jones
56. “The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.” – Andy Rooney
57. “Some of my best leading men have been dogs and horses.” – Elizabeth Taylor
58. “The greatest pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him, and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too.” – Samuel Butler
59. “No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does.” – Christopher Morley
60. “My fashion philosophy is, if you’re not covered in dog hair, your life is empty.” – Elayne Boosler
61. “Don’t accept your dog’s admiration as conclusive evidence that you are wonderful.” – Eppie Lederer
62. “What do dogs do on their day off? Can’t lie around. That’s their job.” – George Carlin
63. “Outside of a dog, a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog, it’s too dark to read.” – Groucho Marx
64. “A dog desires affection more than its dinner. Well, almost.” – Charlotte Gray
65. “If you think dogs can’t count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.” – Phil Pastoret
66. “If a dog will not come to you after having looked you in the face, you should go home and examine your conscience.” – Woodrow Wilson
More Dog Quotes That’ll Warm Your Heart
67. “The dog has been esteemed and loved by all the people on earth, and he has deserved this affection for he renders services that have made him man’s best friend.” – Charles Bukowski
68. “Dogs are wise. They crawl away into a quiet corner and lick their wounds, and do not rejoin the world until they are whole once more.” – Agatha Christie
69. “Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate.” – Sigmund Freud
70. “Petting, scratching, and cuddling a dog could be as soothing to the mind and heart as deep meditation and almost as good for the soul as prayer.” – Dean Koontz
How Do You Describe Your Bond With Your Dog?
The connection between dogs and men is incomparable. It is a deep, caring, and affectionate relationship that proves the existence of unconditional love.
However, we often underestimate the importance of nurturing our bond with our furry friends. We fail to realize that, in our lowest points, they are the ones who save us and make us recognize the good things that life offers to us. Sometimes, we even neglect them and don’t prioritize our dogs when, in their part, we are their world.
Hopefully, these quotes were able to help you realize how important dogs are. Life is complex, and something so simple and warm as our furry companions will be our haven from all the chaos.
Which dog quote is your favorite? Do you have more quotes to add? Comment your thoughts below.