If you’re looking for efficiency quotes to help you become more productive at work, you’ve come to the right place!
Efficiency is being able to produce your desired results in the least amount of time and the least possible waste of effort. It’s a value that’s extremely important for people in the workforce.
After all, getting lost in a million things we have to do each day is easy. If we’re not efficient enough, we’ll waste valuable time and effort on something that might not be as important as others.
So, read through the quotes below to help you be more productive, effective, and efficient at work.
We’re confident you’ll learn more about the things you have to do to change your work process for the better!
And make sure to check out these productivity quotes and time management quotes.
Best Efficiency Quotes
1. “Efficiency is doing better what is already being done.” – Peter Drucker
2. “So there is a natural efficiency that you pick up as you can prioritize capital across a bigger set of opportunities.” – Bill Vaughan
3. “Efficiency is doing things right; effectiveness is doing the right things.” – Peter Drucker
4. “The first rule of any technology used in a business is that automation applied to an efficient operation will magnify the efficiency. The second is that automation applied to an inefficient operation will magnify the inefficiency.” – Bill Gates
5. “Efficiency without ideals is brutal; ideals without efficiency are futile.” – Felix Frankfurter
6. “Efficiency is doing things―not wishing you could do them, dreaming about them, or wondering if you can do them.” – Frank Crane
7. “Efficiency was just a measurement of how fast money moved from the poor to the rich. We prefer the opposite of efficiency, which is to say, justice.” – Kim Stanley Robinson
8. “True efficiency is taking some time to be fully first thing in the morning. Rushing isn’t always efficient.” – Waylon H. Lewis
Famous Efficiency Quotes
9. “Efficiency is the foundation for survival. Effectiveness is the foundation for success.” – John C. Maxwell
10. “The efficient man is the one who thinks for himself and thinks long and hard.” – Charles W. Eliot
11. “The highest and best form of efficiency is the spontaneous cooperation of a free people.” – Woodrow Wilson
12. “The effectiveness of your work will never rise above your ability to lead and influence others.” – John C. Maxwell
13. “Conscienceless efficiency is no match for efficiency quickened by conscience.” – Kelly Miller
14. “Being efficient without regard to effectiveness is the default mode of the universe.” – Timothy Ferriss
15. “I don’t like a man to be too efficient. He’s likely not to be human enough.” – Felix Frankfurter
16. “It’s not the most powerful animal that survives. It’s the most efficient.” – Georges St. Pierre
Also read: Famous Quotes
Short Quotes About Efficiency
17. “Efficiency is anything that scores.” – Bruce Lee
18. “Efficiency and focus are the keys to success.” – Robert Crais
19. “Our efficiency without God’s sufficiency is only a deficiency.” – Vance Havner
20. “Efficiency was a higher priority than imagination.” – Adam Christopher
21. “You think effectiveness with people and efficiency with things.” – Stephen Covey
22. “Efficiency is intelligent laziness.” – David Dunham
23. “Don’t equate activity with efficiency.” – Harvey Mackay
24. “Determination is the first step of the ladder to show efficiency.” – Kishore Bansal
Also read: Short Quotes, Stability Quotes
Wise Efficiency Quotes to Guide You
25. “The obvious rule of efficiency is you don’t want to spend more time organizing than it’s worth.” – Daniel Levitin
26. “Make yourself an efficient spark plug, igniting the latent energy of those about you.” – David Seabury
27. “Earn by your efficiency and enthusiasm―he has the right to play higher and higher roles. That is the meaning and purpose of life.” – Sathya Sai Baba
28. “Efficiency is a great secret that can drop us right into our ideal life path, but it is a hard one to practice and something that takes constant maintenance and work.” – Tara Stiles
29. “You must be efficient. You must be able to hold your own in the world of politics, the world of business; able to keep your head above water, to make your work satisfactory, to make it pay. If you do not, you cannot do good to others.” – Theodore Roosevelt
30. “A sense of the value of time―that is, of the best way to divide one’s time into one’s various activities―is an essential preliminary to efficient work; it is the only method of avoiding hurry.“ – Arnold Bennett
Also read: Effectiveness Quotes
Efficiency Quotes for Work
31. “The combination of hard work and smart work is efficient work.” – Robert Half
32. “The key to being insanely efficient is minimizing unproductive behavior.” – Anonymous
33. “At some point, we reach maximum efficiency, and hard work is replaced with smart work. But until then, you better work like crazy. Especially in the beginning, your business needs you to work like crazy.” – Hendrith Vanlon Smith Jr.
34. “Good managers don’t set a goal to increase efficiency, but rather an implementation of business process improvements that result in higher efficiency as well.” – Eraldo Banovac
35. “The efficiency of most workers is beyond the control of the management and depends more than has been supposed upon the willingness of men to do their best.” – Sumner Slichter
36. “The most efficient way to produce anything is to bring together under one management as many as possible of the activities needed to turn out the product.” – Peter Drucker
Also read: Quotes for Work
Efficiency Quotes to Help You Reach Success
37. “The men who succeed are the efficient few. They are the few who have the ambition and willpower to develop themselves.” – Herbert N. Casson
38. “Efficiency, which is doing things right, is irrelevant until you work on the right things.” – Peter Drucker
39. “Management is efficiency in climbing the ladder of success; leadership determines whether the ladder is leaning against the right wall.” – Stephen Covey
40. “The more efficient you are at doing the wrong thing, the wronger you become. It is much better to do the right thing wronger than the wrong thing righter. If you do the right thing wrong and correct it, you get better.” – Russell L. Ackoff
Also read: Success Quotes
Efficiency Quotes That’ll Boost Your Productivity
41. “Loyal and efficient work in a great cause, even though it may not be immediately recognized, ultimately bears fruit.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
42. “Efficiency is to do what is effective, achieve high customer satisfaction with less operating cost, and improve employee productivity with good teamwork.” – Pearl Zhu
43. “The most efficient way to live reasonably is every morning to make a plan of one’s day and every night to examine the results obtained.” – Alexis Carrel
44. “You cannot increase the quality or quantity of your achievement or performance except to the degree in which you increase your ability to use your time effectively.” – Brian Tracy
45. “Productivity and efficiency can be achieved only step by step with sustained hard work, relentless attention to detail, and insistence on the highest standards of quality and performance.” – J. R. D. Tata
46. “Fundamentally, the basis of all modern progress is the efficiency of labor. And the only sure road to restored prosperity is through the thrift and hard work of our people as a whole.” – Charles M. Schwab
Efficiency Quotes That’ll Improve Your Process
47. “Everyone has a start time, but few have a time they must leave at the end of the day. You’d be amazed how much more efficient you become when you do.” – Simon Reynolds
48. “A good vision will not just give your employees much-needed direction but also much-valued inspiration to do their work efficiently.” – Pooja Agnihotri
49. “Once we’ve made a decision, we are efficient only if we go through with it decisively, undistracted by doubts about its correctness.” – John Cleese
50. “Efficiency signifies the productivity of the process. Does the process minimize the use of resources, improve cycle time, and eliminate bureaucracy?” – Susan Page
51. “This is a rarely mentioned technique of efficiency. You can unlock huge amounts of time by rushing jobs that don’t matter much.” – Siimon Reynolds
More Efficiency Quotes to Keep In Mind
52. “There can be economy only where there is efficiency.” – Benjamin Disraeli
53. “Nothing says work efficiency like panic mode.” – Don Roff
54. “Secrecy is the enemy of efficiency, but don’t let anyone know it.” – Ric Ocasek
55. “The laziest people find the most efficient way to do things; they don’t just do nothing because then they have to end up being bothered into doing things all the time anyway.” – Shikamaru
56. “There is nothing so useless as doing efficiently that which should not be done at all.” – Peter Drucker
57. “Improving efficiency on the farm is not only a risk-reduction strategy, but it’s also a profitability strategy.” – Bill Vaughan
58. “Obviously, the highest type of efficiency is that which can utilize existing material to the best advantage.” – Jawaharlal Nehru
59. “Nature is not concerned about fairness; it is only interested in efficiency.” – Amish Tripathi
60. “Once efficiency is universally accepted, as a rule, it becomes an inner compulsion and weighs like a sense of sin, simply because no one can ever be efficient enough, just as no one can ever be virtuous enough.” – Clement Greenberg
What Are the Steps You’re Taking to Become More Efficient at Work?
Though efficiency is a value that can be utilized in all aspects of life, it’s especially crucial at work. Without it, we wouldn’t be able to finish our tasks at hand well. In worst-case scenarios, we might even be unable to complete what we’re required to do on a given day.
Because of this, it’s essential to equip yourself with the necessary skills to become more efficient. After all, we’re sure you would also want to give your 110% at work! Thankfully, improving your efficiency is easy, as we’ve learned from the quotes we’ve collected above.
The first thing you need to do is recognize and list your priorities―for example, know which tasks are most urgent for the day and which aren’t. Second, eliminate distractions and cultivate a conducive working environment. After all, who would be able to work effectively with a million things trying to grab their attention?
Aside from these, one of the most important things to do is take a break every once in a while. We’re all human, and we also need to disconnect ourselves and recharge. If we burn out, we wouldn’t be able to work as efficiently and effectively as we would like.
With that, we hope this list of efficiency quotes was able to open your eyes to just how significant this value is to achieving success. At the same time, we hope we were able to provide you with helpful tips and tricks for improving your efficiency. Feel free to revisit this list whenever you need some more advice!