Recharge yourself with these exhaustion quotes we’ve compiled for you!
Exhaustion is a physical and mental state of being unable to perform tasks that you used to be able to do quickly. It can be caused by overwork, illness, or stress.
When you feel exhausted, your body and mind tell you they need time to recover. Thus, it’s essential to take steps to reset your body’s biological clock so that you can function at your best.
If you’re interested in learning more about how you can avoid being exhausted all the time, this collection will be the ideal fit.
It will give you tips to prevent, identify, and reduce the risk of burnout in your daily life!
Let’s get started.
Best Exhaustion Quotes
1. “Exhaustion pays no mind to age or beauty. Like rain and earthquakes and hail and floods.” – Haruki Murakami
2. “I am somewhat exhausted; I wonder how a battery feels when it pours electricity into a non-conductor?” – Arthur Conan Doyle
3. “Sometimes exhaustion is not a result of too much time spent on something, but of knowing that in its place, no time is spent on something else.” – Joyce Rachelle
4. “If exhaustion surrounds the journey of life—the courage collapses, the destination remains just a dream.” – Ehsan Sehgal
5. “The antidote to exhaustion may not be rest but wholeheartedness. We are typically exhausted because we are not doing our true work.” – Gordon T. Smith
6. “I want to explain how exhausted I am. Even in my dreams. How I wake up tired. How I’m being drowned by some kind of black wave.” – Elizabeth Wurtzel
7. “The exhaustion of the climb evidences the fact that we’re climbing. Therefore, I don’t ever wish to be exhausted by being exhausted.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
8. “We Americans are living a lifestyle of exhaustion. We don’t have time for ourselves, much less for each other and our children.” – Dr. James Dobson
9. “It is in the exhaustion of getting to the goal that we too often forget the elation of achieving the goal. And because that’s the case, too often we forfeit both.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
10. “An exhausted man is much more than a weary man. Does he exhaust the possible because he is himself exhausted, or is he exhausted because he has exhausted the possible? He exhausts himself by exhausting the possible, and inversely.” – Gilles Deleuze
Inspirational Quotes About Exhaustion
11. “From the tattered edges of an exhausted mind, inspiration blooms. Mental filters disintegrate, and walls crumble, as the ocean of creativity washes over everything.” – Jaeda DeWalt
12. “It is true that even when exhausted, you still are providing something to those you serve. But you are out of touch with your deepest strengths, role-modeling self-destructive behavior, martyring yourself, and giving others cause for guilt.” – Elaine N. Aron
13. “Exhausted, yet they kept pushing forward by the grace of God to reach the promised land.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
14. “It is impossible to get exhausted in work for God. We get exhausted because we try to do God’s work in our own way.” – Oswald Chambers
15. “Recovery from complete and utter exhaustion facilitates individual creativity.” – Phillip Gary Smith
16. “In place of our exhaustion and spiritual fatigue, God will give us rest. All He asks is that we come to Him; that we spend a while thinking about Him, meditating on Him, talking to Him, listening in silence, occupying ourselves with Him—totally and thoroughly lost in the hiding place of His presence.” – Charles R. Swindoll
17. “I find a sort of beauty in exhaustion, a bittersweet sensation when the caffeine is no longer enough to get you through the day, and you have to dig deep. To tap into reserves, you didn’t know you had and push on. In a weird way, this is when I truly come alive.” – Megan Hine
Exhaustion Quotes to Keep In Mind
18. “Overworking gets less done. We all have experienced this. We can push ourselves to exhaustion, but things get done with less attention, and our bodies eventually break down.” – Tara Stiles
19. “Anything is, of course, inexhaustible because at each moment, the brain has a different pattern to construct.” – Guido Molinari
20. “You are so exhausted because all of the things you are doing are just busyness. There’s a central core of wholeheartedness totally missing from what you’re doing.” – David Steindl-Rast
21. “Now I understand what exhaustion is. It’s not just a code word for heroin addiction. People don’t teach you how to handle the workload that comes from a little bit of success, and it’s something I’d never had to handle because I’d been rejected for so long.” – Felicia Day
22. “Before 40, you think that exhaustion is something like a long-lasting hangover. But at 40, you learn all about it. Even your passions exhaust you.” – Kevin Barry
23. “Cure for exhaustion does not despair, but searching our memory for yesterday, then to rest deeply for an hour or two.” – Monaristw
24. “We must all learn the measure of our strength. Otherwise, we exhaust ourselves striving for that which we can never gain.” – Kate Elliott
Exhaustion Quotes to Describe the Feeling of Being Tired
25. “It’s mentally exhausting, feeling bad about something you can do nothing about.” – Anonymous
26. “I’m so exhausted, and yet I feel like I’ll never sleep again.” – Maya Banks
27. “Each period had required me to be a slightly different person, and that was exhausting. I wondered if the school had always felt this way and whether it was like this for everyone.” – Gabrielle Zevin
28. “If I’m exhausted, and I just don’t feel like it, then I don’t do it. I am a human being, after all. But I also know I’m the kind of person who, if I take one day off, well, it’s very easy for me to take the next day off and then quit exercising.” – Kelly Ripa
29. “Some people are exhausting—their presence can drain you of all your energy, and in some cases, they have an effective way of making you feel bad about yourself.” – Anonymous
30. “But then we get exhausted, and we wonder if we can accomplish any of the things we hope for without destroying ourselves in the process. We ask ourselves if it’s time to quit.” – Emily Nagoski
31. “I’m emotionally and mentally exhausted. I feel like my stress is a permanent part of my being.” – Anonymous
32. “If I’m exhausted, physically and particularly emotionally, I can’t tell what’s good, and I can’t tell what’s bad, and I’m useless.” – Anonymous
33. “Everything seems to be exhausting to me; no matter how much sleep or how much coffee I drink or how long I lie down, something inside me seems to have given up. My soul is tired.” – Anonymous
34. “I can tell you with authority that when I’m exhausted, when I’m running on empty, I’m the worst version of myself.” – Arianna Huffington
Short Exhaustion Quotes That Contain Meaningful Messages
35. “Exhaustion is a thin blanket tattered with bullet holes.” – Matthew De Abaitua
36. “Exhaustion is the shortest way to equality and fraternity.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
37. “There’s no narcotic-like exhaustion.” – Octavia E. Butler
38. “Exhaustion without reward is torture.” – Kerlynne Ferrer
39. “Sustained exhaustion is not a rite of passage. It’s a mark of stupidity.” – Jason Fried
40. “Nothing is more exhausting than the task that’s never started.” – Gretchen Rubin
41. “There is a holiness to exhaustion is what I keep telling myself.” – Carrie Fountain
42. “I’m exhausted from trying to be stronger than I feel.” – Anonymous
43. “I’ve got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom.” – Thomas Carlyle
44. “We are finally driven to monogamy not by morality but by exhaustion.” – Erica Jong
Exhaustion Quotes for Your Curious Mind
45. “While a part of me wants to know, another part of me is too exhausted to ask.” – Tahereh Mafi
46. “I’m fucking tired. I am exhausted in the way where my soul needs more rest than my eyes ever will.” – Anonymous
47. “The only thing more exhausting than having a mental illness is pretending like you don’t.” – Anonymous
48. “It is our best work that God wants, not the dregs of our exhaustion. I think he must prefer quality to quantity.” – George MacDonald
49. “Soothing the exhaustion in my soul, so I can fall back skyward, safe in your arms, and survive to dream again.” – Scott Hastie
50. “I close my eyes and black out the day. The exhaustion of living through it, surviving.” – Julie Anne Peters
51. “It is not the dream of what you’re feeling laziness, if not, the sleep of exhaustion.” – Edmondo De Amicis
52. “I was burned out from exhaustion, buried in the hail, poisoned in the bushes, blown out on the trail; hunted like a crocodile, ravaged in the corn, ‘Come in,’ she said, ‘I’ll give ya shelter from the storm.’” – Bob Dylan
53. “The exhaustion of old age is something people who are younger don’t fully appreciate.” – Tony Benn
54. “Exhaustion has a way of parting the veils between men, not so much because the effort of censoring their words exceeds them, but because weariness is the foe of volatility. Oftentimes insults that would pierce the wakeful simply thud against the sleepless and fatigued.” – R. Scott Bakker
55. “Exhaustion had become a bright, shining star, and now, in the beating of her heart, it wasn’t even exhaustion. It became something more exalted and debased, and she felt as if she was floating over it, and all she wanted was to sleep for a million years, but she could not.” – Jeff VanderMeer
More Exhaustion Quotes That You Can Relate To
56. “You know how you sometimes have the most exhausting day, and you can’t wait to get home and fall into bed and sleep for hours? I feel that way about life.” – Krystal Sutherland
57. “I’ve worked myself to exhaustion before. I was so young, and I thought I could do everything; it was just too much for my body and my mind.” – Penelope Cruz
58. “The worst manifestations of exhaustion were successfully cured by a long period of rest, but it was immediately apparent to me that I had lost once and for all my former capacity for carrying out experimental work until physically tired.” – Wilhelm Ostwald
59. “When struggling to get out of bed in the morning due to pain and exhaustion, the last thing on the priority list is going to get a blow-dry.” – Yolanda Hadid
60. “To be depleted in the pursuit of a grander something is never truly exhausting. Certainly, the tiredness is real and daunting, but the lingering effects of perhaps helping to change and alter lives for the better and the majestic transcend all that. Today I am depleted. But I am also filled with energy and purpose.” – Richard Wagamese
Did This Collection Give You the Inspiration You Need to Get Through Your Exhaustion?
As the world gets busier, we are all becoming increasingly exhausted. Many people are so occupied with their jobs that they forget to care for themselves. Sometimes, there is even no opportunity for a brief relaxation or a little rest!
This is a big problem because it affects our ability to function at work and in our personal lives. If this keeps up, it might affect our overall well-being and health. So, let’s all learn how we can combat fatigue so that we may all enjoy longer, better lives.
The key to this is getting enough sleep and getting rid of any potential causes of stress. When you feel like you’ve worked enough, take a break. It’s satisfying to have a good performance at your job or school, but you must keep in mind that you shouldn’t sacrifice your mental and physical health for this.
Make sure you’re well-rested before facing possibly stressful situations. This makes it easier to attend to the task without letting your body and mind fall apart. We’re all just humans that need to unplug and take a breather every once in a while, after all.
With that, we hope this list of exhaustion quotes was able to inspire you to keep yourself charged up. Many things will challenge and exhaust you, but as long as you know how to take care of yourself, anything can be overcome!