If you ever feel dissatisfied with what you have in life, consider these frustration quotes that will motivate you to conquer everything until you reach success.
Life is full of frustrations, no matter where we go and where we look.
This is because our expectations of ourselves and others never end. We trust that things will always go as planned, but in reality, they rarely do.
Frustration is a natural reaction to failure because it indicates how we’re working hard to improve our lives.
However, it should not be used as an excuse to just give up on your dreams.
That is why we have compiled this list of frustration quotes to encourage you to never give up and to keep trying.
Start reading here.
Best Frustration Quotes
1. “Frustration is the fuel that can lead to the development of an innovative and useful idea.” – Marley Dias
2. “To conquer frustration, one must remain intensely focused on the outcome, not the obstacles.” – T.F. Hodge
3. “People need trouble―a little frustration to sharpen the spirit, toughen it.” – William Faulkner
4. “Frustration is the first step toward improvement. It’s only when I face frustration and use it to fuel my dedication that I feel myself moving forward.” – John Bingham
5. “Learn how to turn frustration into fascination. You will learn more being fascinated by life than you will from being frustrated by it.” – Jim Rohn
6. “Frustration is commonly the difference between what you would like to be and what you are willing to sacrifice to become what you would like to be.” – Anonymous
7. “Frustration is a very positive sign. It means that the solution to your problem is within range, but what you’re currently doing isn’t working, and you need to change your approach in order to achieve your goal.” – Anthony Robbins
8. “Our frustration is greater when we have much and want more than when we have nothing and want some. We are less dissatisfied when we lack many things than when we seem to lack but one thing.” – Eric Hoffer
9. “The word ‘frustration’ is defined as the unfortunate tendency of lessening one’s destiny. Rise up and take all frustrations away! Stop squeezing your dreams into a small size. You were not created to settle for less!” – Israelmore Ayivor
10. “Frustration is an interesting emotional state because it tends to bring out the worst in whoever is frustrated.” – Lemony Snicket
Frustration Quotes That Will Motivate You to Keep Going
11. “Frustration always comes before the achievement.” – Anonymous
12. “Frustration is not a good enough reason to stop trying―death is.” – Sameh Elsayed
13. “There is a sense of frustration because we are losing games that we know we are capable of winning.” – Kyle Lowry
14. “Frustration is the nagging feeling that tells us we are not listening or following our intuition.” – J.R. Incer
15. “Sometimes, you have to get to a point of total frustration before you’ll be ready to make a big change.” – Doe Zantamata
16. “One source of frustration in the workplace is the frequent mismatch between what people must do and what people can do.” – Daniel H. Pink
17. “All that is necessary to break the spell of inertia and frustration is to―act as if it were impossible to fail.” – Dorothea Brande
18. “No matter what type of anger or frustration we have to struggle with, a clear picture of how our faith in God is the answer to anything we need to overcome.” – Carol Graham
19. “Forget perfect on the first try. In the face of frustration, your best tool is a few deep breaths and remembering that you can do anything once you’ve practiced two hundred times. Seriously.” – Andrea Buchanan
20. “Of course everyone has those moments of frustration now and then, when you say, ‘I wish I could play well already―or just stop.’ But it’s too much trouble to stop just for a moment of frustration. It is when you keep going that you make the most progress.” – Hilary Hahn
21. “You’ve done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.” – Ralph Marston
22. “If you so choose, every mistake can lead to greater understanding and effectiveness. If you so choose, every frustration can help you to be more patient and more persistent.” – Ralph Marston
Meaningful Frustration Quotes to Help You Deal With It
23. “You have control over you and that is the only person you can change. When you realize this you will save yourself a lot of frustration.” – Catherine Pulsifer
24. “Controlling your time helps overcome frustration and brings life into balance and order, giving you the feeling of control and poise.” – Bill Newman
25. “When you are beat down, frustrated, discouraged and feel like you have nowhere to go, you can still turn to God.” – Anonymous
26. “Do not be afraid to express your goal to the other person because failure to communicate can be a major cause of frustration.” – Jim Berry
27. “All frustrations are self-induced. The outside world can invite us to become upset, but we ultimately accept the invitation.” – Anonymous
28. “It is okay of airing out your frustration, just don’t dwell on them. Find out the cause and find a solution to getting rid of it. If you can’t have a solution as well, accept it.” – Ann Marie Aguilar
29. “Our ability to tolerate frustration can be especially low when we are under time pressure or have too many things to do, a significant feature of many modern workplaces.” – Russell Kolts
30. “To live for results would be to sentence myself to continuous frustration. My only sure reward is in my actions and not from them.” – Hugh Prather
31. “It is within your hands to be frustrated in life or not. Just your expectations should become smaller, smaller, smaller, and in the same proportion, the frustration will become smaller. A day will come when there will be no expectation; then you will never come across any frustration.” – Rajneesh
Frustration Quotes for Someone Who Needs to Lighten Their Load
32. “Expectation is the mother of all frustration.” – Antonio Banderas
33. “I was an accomplice in my own frustration.” – Peter Shaffer
34. “Frustration is the compost from which the mushrooms of creativity grow.” – Tumerica
35. “The feeling of frustration forces some to seek inspiration.” – Sara Wellington
36. “I am very frustrated by fear of imagination, I don’t think that’s healthy.” – J.K. Rowling
37. “Frustration is an indication of lack of faith and trust in the Lord.” – Psalm 119:165
38. “Frustration is a sign I am acting independently. The more you try your own way, the tighter the doors will stay closed.” – Joyce Meyer
39. “You’re frustrated because you keep waiting for the blooming of flowers of which you have yet to sow the seeds.” – Steve Maraboli
40. “Expectation feeds frustration. It is an unhealthy attachment to people, things, and outcomes we wish we could control; but don’t.” – Steve Maraboli
41. “Trying to please everyone is a recipe for stress, misery, and frustration. Be yourself. It’ll be good to know who’s down with that.” – Anonymous
42. “A life of frustration is inevitable for any coach whose main enjoyment is winning.” – Chuck Noll
43. “It is a pity that most of the frustrated are those who dreamed great dreams once, and lost!” – Johnson V.
44. “I’ve come to believe that all my past failures and frustrations were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy.” – Anthony Robbins
Insightful Frustration Quotes to Help You Succeed in Life
45. “Frustration, although quite painful at times, is a very positive and essential part of success.” – Bo Bennett
46. “All successful people learn that success is buried on the other side of frustration.” – Tony Robbins
47. “Success is not built on success. It’s built on failure. It’s built on frustration. Sometimes it’s built on catastrophe.” – Sumner Redstone
48. “Frustration is an inevitable part of success. When you are passionate about something and you fail for the first time, there’s nothing more motivating than the feeling of frustration you get.” – Anonymous
Frustration Quotes for Someone in a Relationship
49. “Nothing is more frustrating than being disappointed by the person you thought would never hurt you.” – Anonymous
50. “The people sometimes who are closest to us are the ones who bear the brunt of our frustration.” – Lynn Nottage
51. “Don’t take your frustration out on your partner. They should be the one person you can go to and feel at peace.” – Anonymous
52. “True love is the frustration, the confusion, the blank state of mind one gets into when they know that they can’t be with their loved one.” – Anonymous
53. “Frustration is out of expectation; expectation is our projection. All kinds of love frustrate unless love is based in meditation.” – Rajneesh
54. “When you are frustrated with me because of the things I cannot do, just imagine how frustrated I must be because I’m not able.” – Anonymous
Funny Frustration Quotes That Will Make You Laugh
55. “Guys always think tears are a sign of weakness. They’re a sign of frustration. She’s only crying so she won’t cut your throat in your sleep. So make nice and be grateful.” – Donna Barr
56. “When a woman is frustrated, and it’s your wife, you as the husband get that frustration.” – Magic Johnson
57. “Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh since there is less cleaning to do afterward.” – Kurt Vonnegut
Also read: Funny Quotes
More Frustration Quotes to Help You Be Aware of Your Emotions
58. “Nothing frustrates team members more than leaders who can’t make up their minds.” – John Maxwell
59. “The torment of human frustration, whatever its immediate cause, is the knowledge that the self is in prison, its vital force and ‘mangled mind’ leaking away in lonely, wasteful self-conflict.” – Elizabeth Drew
60. “Frustration: in my life, everything is nice, but every now and then people need some spice! When I get frustrated they are always interested. Just leave me alone for God’s sake. I don’t need any sympathy, which is really fake.” – Anonymous
How Do You Cope With Life’s Frustrations?
Frustrations are inevitable. You’ll find it creeping up on you at work, in your family life, and even with your own perspectives and points of view in life. There may be times when we succumb to our frustrations, but we should remember that one defeat is not the end, so get up and do your best again!
The negative emotions that come with frustration can be messy and even lead to anger. To avoid this, the best way to deal with it is to confide in someone you can trust. By having someone to open up to, and maybe even someone to give you advice, your confidence and resolve is renewed.
Remember that failure is never the end. Turn your frustrations into a positive by using them as motivation to keep striving. With that, we hope that these frustration quotes were able to help you find the light at the end of the tunnel whenever you’re faced with setbacks on the road to success.
Which of these frustration quotes inspired you the most? Let us discuss in the comments section below!