Succeeding in life takes a lot of perseverance, so browse through this collection of glory quotes to serve as your motivation.
Everyone can agree that we must face many difficulties and challenges before we achieve something great. Simply put, before we get to the top of the mountain, we need to climb up one step at a time and endure many struggles.
Many people will think that their pains and hardships are never-ending. This thought, in turn, kills their drive and leads them to give up. But, the truth is that attaining glory involves continuous perseverance and many sacrifices.
When we endure and conquer these hurdles, we get one step closer to glory. Taking a break from the difficulties of life is okay and normal.
But, remember that you should never stay idle for too long; stand up and fight again!
The existence of glory is proof that everyone can reach greatness if they do not give up despite the challenges. So, check our list of glory quotes below!
These wise words will remind you that you must strengthen your mind and soul to reach the top!
Check out the complete list below.
Best Glory Quotes
1. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” – Confucius
2. “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” – Moliere
3. “The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.” – Vince Lombardi
4. “Glory lies in the attempt to reach one’s goal and not in reaching it.” – Mahatma Gandhi
5. “There’s no glory in climbing a mountain if all you want to do is to get to the top. It’s experiencing the climb itself. In all its moments of revelation, heartbreak, and fatigue—that has to be the goal.” – Karyn Kusama
6. “The glory is being happy. The glory is not winning here or winning there. The glory is enjoying practicing, enjoying every day, enjoying working hard, trying to be a better player than before.” – Rafael Nadal
7. “The taste for glory can make ordinary men behave in extraordinary ways.” – Tahir Shah
8. “Look at everything as though you were seeing it for the first time or the last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory.” – Betty Smith
Glory Quotes That’ll Encourage You to Persevere
9. “Glory is attained from hard work, step by step.” – Ma Long
10. “Endurance is not just the ability to bear a hard thing, but to turn it into glory.” – William Barclay
11. “There must be a beginning of any great matter, but the continuing unto the end until it be thoroughly finished yields the true glory.” – Francis Drake
12. “The greater the effort, the greater the glory.” – Pierre Corneille
13. “When there is no peril in the fight, there is no glory in the triumph.” – Pierre Corneille
14. “The nearest way to glory is to strive to be what you wish to be thought to be.” – Socrates
15. “Glory is sacrifice, glory is exhaustion, glory is having nothing left to give. Almost, it is death by living.” – N.D. Wilson
16. “The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.” – Epictetus
Short Glory Quotes That Live in Our Heads Rent-Free
17. “We rise in glory as we sink in pride.” – Andrew Young
18. “A lifetime of glory is worth a moment of pain.” – Laura Hillenbrand
19. “There is no road of flowers leading to glory.” – Jean de la Fontaine
20. “Glory follows virtue as if it were its shadow.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
21. “The deed is everything, the glory is naught.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
22. “Glory, built on selfish principles, is shame and guilt.” – William Cowper
23. “The shortest way to glory is to be guided by conscience.” – Henry Home
24. “Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
25. “True glory is a flame lighted at the skies.” – Horace Mann
26. “The paths of glory lead but to the grave.” – Thomas Gray
27. “Great is the glory, for the strife is hard!” – William Wordsworth
Glory Quotes to Learn How to Be Brave
28. “All glory comes from daring to begin.” – Anonymous
29. “Glory is so enchanting, that we love whatever we associate with it, even though it be death.” – Eliza Cook
30. “Real glory springs from the silent conquest of ourselves. Without that, the conqueror is naught but the foist slave.” – Thomson
31. “Glory belongs to the act of being constant to something greater than yourself, to a cause, to your principles, to the people on whom you rely and who rely on you in return.” – John McCain
32. “The glory of a great man ought always to be estimated by the means used to acquire it.” – Anonymous
Glory Quotes to Reinforce Your Faith in God
33. “God will use whatever He wants to display His glory. Heavens and stars. History and nations. People and problems.” – Max Lucado
34. “I give all the glory to God. It’s kind of a win-win situation. The glory goes up to Him, and the blessings fall down on me.” – Gabby Douglas
35. “By faith we know His existence. In glory, we shall know His nature.” – Blaise Pascal
36. “He is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him.” – John Piper
37. “But what we are given is taken as well, so that we know God’s glory comes to us from His will alone.” – Alice Hoffman
Also read: God Quotes
Glory Quotes for Everyone Who Needs a Guide
38. “There is no greater glory than love, nor any greater punishment than jealousy.” – Lope de Vega
39. “Small good decisions will lead you to the glorious path of success.” – Zain Hashmi
40. “Let there be many windows to your soul, that all the glory of the world may beautify it.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
41. “For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her.” – Charles De Gaulle
42. “Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.” – Bruce Lee
43. “Honor is a fool’s prize. Glory is of no use to the dead.” – Drew Karpyshyn
More Quotes About Glory
44. “Think where man’s glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends.” – William Butler Yeats
45. “Defeat may serve as well as victory to shake the soul and let the glory out.” – Edwin Markham
46. “Love of glory can only create a great hero, contempt of glory creates a great man.” – Charles Maurice de Talleyrand
47. “Our problem is that we go from toy to toy rather than from glory to glory.” – Aiden Wilson Tozer
48. “When a woman rises up in glory, her energy is magnetic and her sense of possibility contagious.” – Marianne Williamson
49. “Where’s the glory in repeating what others have done?” – Rick Riordan
50. “True glory takes root and even spreads. All false pretenses, like flowers, fall to the ground—nor can any counterfeit last long.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
Did These Quotes Inspire You to Aim for Glory in Everything You Do?
A life lived for glory will never be simple. It will even exhaust us in some ways since it will require a lot of courage and sacrifice. At times, we will also feel like there’s no way we could ever get back up.
But, the struggle is a requirement of life. Although no one will ever be able to escape suffering, it’s also true that the onslaught of challenges has its end. Instead of complaining, accept them for what they are—stepping stones toward success.
At the end of the ladder lies your glory. This signifies that you were able to break through numerous walls—challenges, heartbreaks, pain, and more. Whenever you feel like giving up, remember that glory is not measured based on how many times you fail but on how you stand back up and try again.
We hope this list of quotes was able to open your eyes to the true essence of glory. Let these quotes be your guiding light, and remember that you can rise above all your challenges!