If you need a light that will help you through your darkest times, then these God quotes are for you.
God has always been there since before the existence of everything. He is our Creator and Savior who guides us in everything we do.
Without Him, we will be lost and alone when facing the most challenging obstacles in life.
Moreover, one of the reasons we should actively nurture our relationship with God is that it teaches us to love.
Getting closer to Him helps us become better people not only for others but also for ourselves. We can do this by reading the word of the Bible and practicing the preaching of the Church.
So, let our collection of God quotes light your path toward Him. Keep reading below to strengthen your faith and be one with God.
Let’s get started.
Best God Quotes
1. “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God. Trust also in me.” – Jesus Christ
2. “God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” – Billy Graham
3. “We need to find God, and He cannot be found in noise and restlessness. God is the friend of silence. See how nature, trees, flowers, grass grows in silence. See the stars, the moon, and the sun, how they move in silence. We need silence to be able to touch souls.” – Mother Teresa
4. “God who is eternally complete, who directs the stars, who is the master of fates, who elevates man from his lowliness to Himself, who speaks from the cosmos to every single human soul is the most brilliant manifestation of the goal of perfection.” – Alfred Adler
5. “God does not give us everything we want, but He does fulfill His promises, leading us along the best and straightest paths to Himself.” – Dietrich Bonhoeffer
6. “God has a purpose for your pain, a reason for your struggle, and a reward for your faithfulness. Trust Him, and don’t give up.” – Anonymous
7. “We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us. We are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.” – C.S. Lewis
8. “God gave us the ability to do, not just try.” – Catherine Pulsifer
9. “God gives us difficulties to bring out the best in us.” – Marvin J. Ashton
10. “My trust in God flows out of the experience of His loving me, day in and day out, whether the day is stormy or fair, whether I’m sick or in good health, whether I’m in a state of grace or disgrace. He comes to me where I live and loves me as I am.” – Brennan Manning
11. “The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.” – C.S. Lewis
12. “Always, everywhere, God is present, and always He seeks to discover Himself to each one.” – A.W. Tozer
13. “God will not look you over for medals, degrees, or diplomas but for scars.” – Elbert Hubbard
14. “The ‘otherness’ of God is mind-boggling. It is incomprehensible for us. He is so unlike us that it should inspire wonder and awe, and yet, He became like us to rescue our souls. It is good for us to meditate on His greatness, knowing that we will never fully understand Him.” – Michael Garland
Inspirational God Quotes
15. “God gave us the gift of life. It is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.” – Voltaire
16. “Every day is a gift from God. There’s no guarantee of tomorrow, so that tells me to see the good in this day to make the most of it.” – Joel Osteen
17. “Every time you think you’re being rejected, God’s actually redirecting you to something better. Ask him to give you the strength to press forward.” – Nick Vujicic
18. “Don’t tell your God how big your storm is. Tell your storm how big your God is.” – Anonymous
19. “When you have faith in God, you don’t have to worry about the future. You just know it’s all in His hands. You just go to and do your best.” – Elder Bryan Mathison
20. “God never ends anything on a negative. God always ends on a positive.” – Anonymous
21. “Let your life reflect the faith you have in God. Fear nothing and pray about everything. Be strong, trust God’s word, and trust the process.” – Germany Kent
22. “God is our refuge and strength. A very present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear.” – Psalm 46:1
23. “God never said that the journey would be easy, but He did say that the arrival would be worthwhile.” – Max Lucado
24. “When I wake up every morning, I thank God for the new day.” – F. Sionil José
25. “Disappointments are just God’s way of saying I’ve got something better. So be patient, have faith, and live your life.” – Lanette Sem
26. “If you believe in a God who controls the big things, you have to believe in a God who controls the little things. It is we, of course, to whom things look ‘little’ or ‘big.'” – Elisabeth Elliot
27. “Keep your head up. God gives His hardest battles to His strongest soldiers.” – DeMarcus Cousins
28. “No matter what your situation is or what circumstances you are facing, what matters is that God can save you from the gutter most to the uttermost. God is never late, but on time.” – Michelle Murray
29. “Live your life for God, and He will lead your life to a world full of love and true happiness.” – Anonymous
God Quotes for Everyone Who Believes in Him
30. “The greater your knowledge of the goodness and grace of God on your life, the more likely you are to praise Him in the storm.” – Matt Chandler
31. “God will not permit any troubles to come upon us unless He has a specific plan by which great blessing can come out of the difficulty.” – Peter Marshall
32. “God sometimes takes us into troubled waters, not to drown us but to cleanse us.” – Anonymous
33. “As we draw near to God, He will draw near to us. And day by day, the hope of God’s light will grow within us.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
34. “You can’t understand why the road doesn’t get easier, why God doesn’t remove the stones and straighten the path. If God did that, you might never get to the top, because the bumps are what you can climb on.” – Warren W. Wiersbe
God Quotes on Faith and Trust
35. “Faith is trusting God even when you don’t understand His plan.” – Anonymous
36. “Trust that God will put the right people in your life at the right time and for the right reasons.” – Anonymous
37. “God will never let us down because His love is unconditional.” – Anonymous
38. “Faith is a living, daring confidence in God’s grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.” – Martin Luther
39. “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” – Corrie ten Boom
40. “God will never give you anything you can’t handle, so don’t stress.” – Kelly Clarkson
41. “So keep your faith in the God above, and faith in the righteous truth, it shall bring you back to the absent love, and the joys of a vanished youth.” – Edgar A Guest
42. “God doesn’t give you what you want. He creates the opportunity for us to do so.” – Anonymous
Short God Quotes to Remember During Hard Times
43. “Life is good because God is great.” – Anonymous
44. “With God, all things are possible.” – Anonymous
45. “God loves you more in a moment than anyone could in a lifetime.” – Anonymous
46. “If you walk with God, you will always reach your destination.” – Henry Ford
47. “People see God every day. They just don’t recognize him.” – Pearl Bailey
48. “God’s promises are like the stars. The darker the night, the brighter they shine.” – David Nicholas
49. “Some of God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.” – Garth Brooks
50. “There is no one who is insignificant in the purpose of God.” – Alistair Begg
51. “God loves each of us as if there were only one of us.” – Saint Augustine
Deep God Quotes That Are Full of Wisdom
52. “When we pray, God hears more than we say, answers more than we ask, gives more than we imagine, in His own time and in His own way.” – Anonymous
53. “God has a purpose behind every problem. He uses circumstances to develop our character.” – Rick Warren
54. “The soul can split the sky in two and let the face of God shine through.” – Edna St. Vincent Millay
55. “Yet, as I read the birth stories about Jesus, I cannot help but conclude that though the world may be tilted toward the rich and powerful, God is tilted toward the underdog.” – Philip Yancey
56. “God wants us to make the move, to initiate coming to Him. It is through coming to Him that we will be able to find rest for our souls.” – Amy Hagerup
57. “God’s breath is like a fresh wind that renews us. Frail and weak as we are, we have hope. We find healing.” – Jhiess Krieg
58. “In almost everything that touches our everyday life on earth, God is pleased when we’re pleased. He wills that we be as free as birds to soar and sing our Maker’s praise without anxiety.” – Aiden Wilson Tozer
God Quotes That’ll Bring You Closer to Him
59. “Prayer does not change God, but it changes him who prays.” – Søren Kierkegaard
60. “Where can we go to find God if we cannot see Him in our own hearts and in every living being.” – Swami Vivekananda
61. “Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil. It has no point.” – Billy Graham
62. “God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform. He plants his footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm.” – Anonymous
63. “God, as truth, has been for me a treasure beyond price. May He be so to every one of us.” – Mahatma Gandhi
64. “He is the same God, yesterday, today, and forever. He is our heavenly Father who is merciful, kind, and full of compassion.” – Vincent Kmc
65. “God didn’t make a mistake when He made you. You need to see yourself as God sees you.” – Joel Osteen
66. “Our heavenly Father understands our disappointment, suffering, pain, fear, and doubt. He is always there to encourage our hearts and help us understand that He’s sufficient for all of our needs. When I accepted this as an absolute truth in my life, I found that my worrying stopped.” – Charles Stanley
Enlightening God Quotes on Being Compassionate to Other People
67. “Be the light to the world that God created you to be. Show the world Jesus’ love in every action you take, and every word you speak.” – Nicole L Rivera
68. “God doesn’t give you the people you want. He gives you the people you need. To help you, to hurt you, to leave you, to love you, and to make you the person you were meant to be.” – Anonymous
69. “Don’t worry about other people’s opinions of you. God never told you to impress people, only to love them.” – Dave Willis
70. “God represents Himself through people who have lived according to the way He intended.” – Anonymous
How Do You Strengthen Your Relationship With God?
Life is full of challenging situations that will test us and make us want to give up. Sometimes, in these moments, we can’t help but be swallowed by negativity and destructive thoughts.
It is crucial that we strengthen our faith and trust in God in our darkest moments. If we do not do this, we will be buried in our negative thoughts and perception of the world. Hence, we should always remind ourselves that bigger things are planned for us; our Creator guides us in everything we go through, after all.
Hopefully, these God quotes were able to redirect you to a path that will lead you closer to Him. Remember that you are never alone, and the Lord is always inside your heart to protect you from evil.
What did you learn from these God quotes? Which quotes are your favorites? Leave a comment below!