Let these winning quotes inspire you and show you that you can achieve great things!
Winning is almost always the desired outcome of any endeavor. Our desire to win pushes us forward and makes us give our all to achieve our goals.
However, there are times that we get so focused on winning that we forget to take a step back, rest, and see the bigger picture.
Having a one-track mind toward winning isn’t necessarily a bad thing. But, if we forget about our relationships with other people and lose time for ourselves, then we’ll have to reassess things.
In these cases, we should ask ourselves questions that uncover our true purpose. Is winning our end goal, even if we hurt ourselves and the people around us?
Or, is it enough for us to have given our all, even if we don’t 100% succeed?
These are challenging questions to answer, and you’ll face many more difficult choices in the future.
So, to help you out, we’ve prepared this list of winning quotes!
Check it out here.
Best Winning Quotes
1. “Winning isn’t everything, but it beats anything that comes in second.” – Paul Bryant
2. “Winning takes precedence over all. There’s no gray area. No almosts.” – Kobe Bryant
3. “Winning isn’t getting ahead of others. It’s getting ahead of yourself.” – Roger Staubach
4. “Winning doesn’t always mean being first. Winning means you’re doing better than you’ve ever done before.” – Bonnie Blair
5. “Winning is a state of mind that embraces everything you do.” – Bryce Courtenay
6. “Winning is not a sometime thing; it’s an all time thing. You don’t win once in a while, you don’t do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is a habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” – Vince Lombardi
Famous Quotes About Winning
7. “Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.” – Vince Lombardi
8. “The secret to winning is constant, consistent management.” – Tom Landry
9. “The person that said winning isn’t everything never won anything.” – Mia Hamm
10. “If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.” – Zig Ziglar
11. “Knowing what you want and setting goals to achieve it—winning. Wishing for things, but taking no action—losing.” – Catherine Pulsifer
12. “Winning may not be everything, but losing has little to recommend it.” – Dianne Feinstein
Winning Quotes to Inspire You to Do Your Best
13. “The critics are always right. The only way you shut them up is by winning.” – Chuck Noll
14. “Winners are willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else.” – Vince Lombardi
15. “Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream.” – Emmitt Smith
16. “Not all dreamers are winners, but all winners are dreamers. Your dream is the key to your future.” – Mark Gorman
17. “There is a winner in you. You were created to be successful, to accomplish your goals, to leave your mark on this generation. You have greatness in you. The key is to get it out.” – Joel Osteen
18. “You will win if you don’t quit.” – Les Brown
Winning Quotes That You Will Need in Life
19. “You can’t win unless you learn how to lose.” – Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
20. “You’re not obligated to win. You’re obligated to keep trying. To the best you can do every day.” – Jason Mraz
21. “Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” – Wilma Rudolph
22. “Winning in life is more than outpacing your opponents; it is maximizing your potential to the fullest of your ability.” – Dr. Ignatius K Otchere-Asamoah
23. “Life is a bitch; you get used though, or you kill yourself. Either way, you’re winning.” – Ahmed Mostafa
Short Winning Quotes for Those Who Need Motivation
24. “Winning solves everything.” – Tiger Woods
25. “Winners don’t wait for chances, they take them.” – Anonymous
26. “A quitter never wins and a winner never quits.” – Napoleon Hill
27. “Losing feels worse than winning feels good.” – Vin Scully
28. “The determination to win is the better part of winning.” – Daisaku Ikeda
29. “In order to win, you must expect to win.” – Richard Bach
30. “If winning isn’t everything, why do they keep score?” – Vince Lombardi
31. “I’m a mad dog whose only concern is winning.” – Charles Barkley
32. “Winning is everything. Nothing is presidential except victory.” – Donald Trump
33. “It’s easy to win. Anybody can win.” – Philip K. Dick
34. “They never said winning was easy.” – DJ Khaled
35. “Winning is within.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
36. “Winners have to absorb losses.” – Ice-T
Winning Quotes That Will Improve Your Mindset
37. “Winners focus on winning. Losers focus on winners.” – Anonymous
38. “Winning once or twice is encouraging, but winning continuously is empowering.” – Rosabeth Moss Kanter.
39. “You were born to win, but to be a winner, you must plan to win, prepare to win, and expect to win.” – Zig Ziglar
40. “Winning is fun, sure. But winning is not the point. Wanting to win is the point.” – Pat Summit
41. “Don’t let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning.” – Robert T. Kiyosaki
42. “A winner has more skills than a loser no matter how you define the competition.” – Brian Herbert
43. “Sometimes in life, you don’t always feel like a winner, but that doesn’t mean you’re not a winner.” – Lady Gaga
44. “Winning has nothing to do with racing. Most days don’t have races anyway. Winning is about struggle and effort and optimism, and never, ever, ever giving up.” – Amby Burfoot
45. “In this life, you have winners and losers. the more you win, the higher you go.” – Daniel Nayeri
Winning Quotes to Help You Succeed in Whatever You Do
46. “A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goal.” – Larry Bird
47. “For me, winning isn’t something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowd roars.” – Emmitt Smith
48. “The future is ours to win. But to get there we can’t just stand still.” – Barack Obama
49. “Competing at the highest level is not about winning. It’s about preparation, courage, understanding, and nurturing your people and heart. Winning is the result.” – Joe Torre
50. “I just think winners win. And guys who won all the way through high school and college, the best players at every level, they have a way of making things happen and winning games.” – Tony Dungy
51. “Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next.” – George Steinbrenner
52. “I’ve wanted to win at everything, every day since I was a kid. And time doesn’t change a person, it just helps you get a handle on who you are.” – Dara Torres
53. “You were born a winner, a warrior, one who defied the odds by surviving the most gruesome battle of them all—the race to the egg. And now that you are a giant, why do you even doubt victory against smaller numbers and wider margins? The only walls that exist are those you have placed in your mind. And whatever obstacles you conceive, exist only because you have forgotten what you have already achieved.” – Suzy Kassem
Also read: Champion Quotes
More Quotes on Winning
54. “Winners make a habit of manufacturing their own positive expectations in advance of the event.” – Brian Tracy
55. “Winners are not people who never fail, but people who never quit.” – Anonymous
56. “Winners have simply formed the habit of doing things losers don’t like to do.” – Albert Gray
57. “I am not designed to come second or third. I am designed to win.” – Ayrton Senna
58. “Too many people want the appearance of winning rather than the practices and hard work that create a true champion.” – T.D. Jakes
59. “Winning is great, but winning on opening night is even better.” – Jason Marshall
60. “When you win, you don’t examine it very much, except to congratulate yourself. You easily, and wrongly, assume it has something to do with your rare qualities as a person. But winning only measures how hard you’ve worked and how physically talented you are; it doesn’t particularly define you beyond those characteristics.” – Lance Armstrong
How Far Are You Willing to Go to Win?
Often, winning requires us to sacrifice something—our time for rest, time with other people, and time for other passions. It also requires us to put in the work to succeed, no matter how tiring and challenging it gets.
There’s no denying how hard it will be, and there might be times when you question and think if you made the right decisions. But, one thing is true: winning brings us a sense of satisfaction. As humans, we always strive to achieve something bigger and better.
There is nothing wrong with the mindset of wanting to win. But, we must tread these waters carefully and discern whether winning something, in particular, is worth all the sacrifice and effort we will be shelling out.
With that, we hope this list of quotes was able to give a good in-between and helped you realize the two sides to every win. Chase your dreams, but remember to leave time for yourself, the people around you, and your other interests!