Reading this list of I am who I am quotes is an excellent way of letting the people around you know who you are!
In our world, everyone wears masks for protection.
Without masks of politeness, strength, and happiness, it would be hard to go through life successfully. However, can you say you are genuinely content behind those masks?
The phrase, “I am who I am,” is not just an expression—it is something we need to apply to ourselves. You should understand that one of the keys to leading a happy life is to be wholly comfortable and content with yourself.
But, at the same time, it’s also true that it is hard to reveal our true selves in a world of judgments and discrimination.
So, we’ve made this collection to help you with that problem. Read on and be inspired to let your true self shine!
And don’t forget to check out these stand up for yourself quotes and you can do it quotes.
Best I Am Who I Am Quotes
1. “Don’t judge me; you can’t handle half of what I’ve dealt with. There’s a reason I do the things I do; there’s a reason I am who I am.” – Varsha Sharma
2. “I’m not interested in trying to work on people’s perceptions. I am who I am, and if you don’t take the time to learn about that, then your perception is going to be your problem.” – Jim Brown
3. “I am who I am today because of the choices I made yesterday.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
4. “I’m not hiding from anyone. I am who I am, and I’m not perfect.” – Justin Bieber
5. “Accept me for my strength. Love me for my weakness. Be there for the good and the bad. Remember, I will never be who you want me to become—I am who I am.” – Nishan Panwar
6. “God made me the way I am, and I accept myself. I am who I am, and I’m proud of myself.” – Caster Semenya
7. “My philosophy is it’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am, and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.” – Anthony Hopkins
8. “I am who I am, I am what I am, I do what I do, and I ain’t never gonna do it any different. I don’t care who likes it and who doesn’t.” – Buck Owens
9. “The greatest thing that I have learned is probably the simplest thing any of us can learn—I am who I am.” – Sonny Barger
10. “It’s amazing. I can do anything. And do it well. Any good thing, I can do it. That’s why I am who I am, yes, because God loves me, and I’m amazed at it. I’m grateful for it.” – Maya Angelou
I Am Who I Am Quotes That’ll Inspire You to Embrace Yourself
11. “I am who I am. Life is too beautiful to be sad, to be depressed. The sun comes up every day, and it’s beautiful.” – Ilya Bryzgalov
12. “I can’t go against my nature because I am what I am. I don’t try to be anyone different from who I am.” – Brian McDermott
13. “This is who I am. I’m not perfect. I don’t want to try to be perfect.” – Michael Strahan
14. “I’m proud of what I am and who I am, and I’m just going to be myself.” – Mariah Carey
15. “There is nothing to prove and nothing to protect. I am who I am, and it’s enough.” – Richard Rohr
16. “I love who I am, and I encourage other people to love and embrace who they are. But it definitely wasn’t easy. It took me a while.” – Serena Williams
17. “I am me. I am a better version of what I was. I am a newer version of who I am. I am boss to no one but myself. I am the fire in my soul. I am the heart in my body. I am me. Who are you to say I’m not?” – Evan Burke
18. “Nothing I accept about myself can be used against me to diminish me. I am who I am, doing what I came to do, acting upon you like a drug or a chisel to remind you of your me-ness, as I discover you in myself.” – Audre Lorde
19. “My principles and core beliefs haven’t changed in many years. You know, I don’t change what I think with the wind just in order to perhaps attract more people. I am what I am, believe what I believe, and I say so.” – Rush Limbaugh
Also read: Go For It Quotes
Powerful I Am Who I Am Quotes to Show Your Genuine Self
20. “I am who I am—confident, arrogant, dominant, honest, hardworking, and innovative.” – Louis van Gaal
21. “I like what I like; I am who I am, I know what I want to do, you know what I’m saying?” – Kevin Durant
22. “If ever I tell you about my past, it’s never because I want you to feel sorry for me, but so you can understand why I am who I am.” – Anonymous
23. “It’s disheartening to read the really negative stuff, but at the same time, I know who I am, and I’m comfortable with myself.” – Austin Carlile
24. “Sometimes, I am an angel, some I am a devil, sometimes you will hate me, and sometimes you will love me, but I am who I am, and no one can change that.” – Anonymous
25. “I’m a man who believes that right is right and wrong is wrong. Treat me right, and I will give you my all. Treat me wrong, and I will give you nothing. They don’t like me for that, but that’s the way I am.” – Johnny Paycheck
Short I Am Who I Am Quotes to Empower You
26. “I am who I am, born that way, and will die that way.” – Sharon Shinn
27. “I think you have to take me for me. I am who I am.” – Harry Styles
28. “I am who I am; no more, no less.” – Terry Goodkind
29. “I am who I am, and I have the need to be.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
30. “I am a compassionate human being. I am who I am.” – Ziggy Marley
31. “I am who I am, and I don’t think you can put a label on it.” – Cody Johnson
32. “I am who I am. Your approval is not needed.” – John Nicholson
33. “I am who I am, and I’m not ashamed.” – Rubeus Hagrid
34. “I am me. And I don’t need anybody to make me somebody.” – Louis L’Amour
I Am Who I Am Quotes for Those Who Crave Others’ Acceptance
35. “This is me. Don’t judge, don’t hate. I am who I am. I’m who God made me to be, an angel with a few scars and broken hearts and a voice that should be heard. I’m a soldier and a fighter, I fight for love, and I fight for those who need an angel too.” – Courtney Hood
36. “I am who I am, not who you think I am. Not who you want me to be. I am me.” – Brigitte Nicole
37. “No, I am who I am. I’m not going to change for anybody.” – Calista Flockhart
38. “Why should I care what other people think of me? I am who I am. And who I wanna be.” – Avril Lavigne
39. “Is it fitting to consider what is impermanent, painful, and subject to change as, ‘This is mine, this am I, this is myself?’” – Pali Tripitaka
40. “I am yet what I am, none cares or knows—my friends forsake me like a memory lost. I am the self-consumer of my woes.” – John Clare
41. “I am who I am, you are who you are, and everything else is a perception based on acceptance, deception, smoke, mirrors, and so on. It’s what’s between us that seems to justify our accidental identities.” – Jason Mraz
I Am Who I Am Quotes to See How Far You’ve Come
42. “The only reason I am who I am today is because I can look directly into my face and find my soul.” – Tupac Shakur
43. “I’ve always risen to the challenge and faced adversity; it’s just a part of who I am.” – Erik Rutan
44. “I was at a point where I was ready to say, ‘I am what I am because of what I am, and if you like me, I’m grateful, and if you don’t, what am I going to do about it?’” – Ann Bancroft
45. “I am confident because I can admit who I am, what I’ve done, and love myself for who I’ve become.” – Anonymous
46. “It took a while to grow the confidence to say, ‘This is who I am, take it or leave it.'” – Coco Rocha
47. “I like to live life in an understated way because that’s who I am—an ordinary guy who has experienced an extraordinary journey.” – Simon Weston
48. “I am who I am, and I’m proud of my work, and I’m proud of my family, and those are also the product of choices, including financial choices, that I made.” – Neal Gabler
49. “I am not what I ought to be, I am not what I want to be, I am not what I hope to be in another world, but still, I am not what I once used to be, and by the grace of God I am what I am.” – John Newton
Profound I Am Who I Am Quotes for You to Reflect On
50. “When I do not know who I am, I serve you. When I know who I am, I am you.” – Indian Saying
51. “I am all that hath been, and is, and shall be, and my veil no mortal has hitherto raised.” – Plutarch
52. “The distance between who I am and who I want to be is separated only by my actions and words.” – Brian Solis
53. “I have this firm belief that I am who I am for a reason. If I change something, I’m cheating myself of whatever it is I’m supposed to learn from my body.” – Carrie Ann Inaba
54. “I am is a feeling of permanent awareness. The very center of consciousness is the feeling of I am. I may forget who I am, where I am, and what I am, but I cannot forget that I am. The awareness of being remains, regardless of the degree of forgetfulness of who, where, and what I am.” – Neville Goddard
More I Am Who I Am Quotes to Help You Become Your Best Self
55. “I am who I am, and I say what I think. I’m not putting a face on for the record.” – Eminem
56. “I am who I am because of the people who I grew up with and where I’m from.” – Tim Duncan
57. “I am who I am, and I think I have a good nature, by and large. But if someone takes advantage of that good nature, well then, you know, I’m not that nice a guy.” – Tom Hanks
58. “I’ve realized that I am who I am, and that is it. Like it or lump it. I’m not around to please anyone anymore, and it’s a huge relief.” – Kristin Scott Thomas
59. “I love you. I am who I am because of you. You are every reason, every hope, and every dream I’ve ever had, and no matter what happens to us in the future, every day we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours.” – Nicholas Sparks
60. “I’m infamous, a joke. It doesn’t make me feel good because I’m a genuine person, but I don’t let it get to me because I am who I am.” – William Hung
How Do You Feel About Showing the World Who You Are?
Expressing your true self to other people is not an easy thing to do. It requires courage, bravery, and a certain level of vulnerability. But, you must remember that being yourself is the best way to live life.
There will be plenty of times when you will be tempted to put on a mask, take on a different persona, or act like someone you’re not. But, at times like these, don’t be fooled. Don’t let yourself change into someone you’re not just because you want to fit in.
You can be who you are and still be liked by the people around you—you just have to find people who will love and accept you for who you are. So, don’t ever sacrifice your own happiness for the benefit of someone else! After all, at the end of the day, the only person you have is yourself.
With that, we hope this list of I am who I am quotes was able to help you express your genuine self. Always remember that the best part about being you is that you have all the freedom to do whatever makes you feel good! So, don’t mind others; just live as you want!