If your emotions overwhelm you, here’s a list of Inside Out quotes to remind you that it is entirely normal.
One of the most relatable Pixar movies ever made is Inside Out.
Its sweet and endearing moments, coupled with scenes that show the struggle we have with our inner selves, just make it all the more epic.
Inside Out focuses on the different emotions people have, and it helps us recognize that negative emotions are also part of us. When Sadness, Anger, Fear, and Disgust overpower Riley’s mind, we realize it is normal to struggle, too.
Joy is not something guaranteed in our everyday lives. So, like Riley, we must understand that our negative emotions are necessary for our growth.
But, growth and the process of accepting what you feel can be complicated.
That’s why we’ve prepared a compilation of our favorite quotes from the movie that’ll surely guide you when it comes to understanding your emotions.
Check out our collection below.
Best Inside Out Quotes
1. “I read somewhere that an empty room is an opportunity.” – Joy
2. “Do you ever look at someone and wonder what is going on inside their head?” – Joy
3. “I—I know you don’t want me to, but—I miss home.” – Riley
4. “You remember how she used to stick her tongue out when she was coloring? I could listen to her stories all day. I just wanted Riley to be happy.” – Joy
5. “You made it! Go! Go save Riley! Take her to the moon for me. Okay?” – Bing Bong
6. “You can’t focus on what’s going wrong. There’s always a way to turn things around, to find the fun.” – Joy
Inside Out Quotes That’ll Lift Your Spirits
7. “Don’t you worry. I’m going to make sure that tomorrow is another great day. I promise.” – Joy
8. “Alright everyone, fresh start. We are going to have a good day, which will turn into a good week, which will turn into a good year, which turns into a good life!” – Joy
9. “We are not going to end the day like this.” – Joy
10. “Okay, I admit it. We had a rough start. But think of all the good things.” – Joy
11. “We’ve been through worse.” – Joy
12. “There’s got to be a better way.” – Joy
Inside Quotes to Better Understand Your Emotions
13. “That’s Fear. He’s really good at keeping Riley safe.” – Joy
14. “That’s Anger. He cares very deeply about things being fair.” – Joy
15. “This is Disgust. She basically keeps Riley from being poisoned, physically and socially.” – Joy
16. “And you’ve met Sadness. She, well, she—I’m not actually sure what she does. And I’ve checked; there’s no place for her to go. So, she’s good. We’re good. It’s all great.” – Joy
Great Inside Out Quotes for Memories That Are Worth Keeping
17. “Let’s make a list of all the things Riley should be happy about.” – Joy
18. “We can fix this. We just have to get back to headquarters, plug the core memories in and Riley will be back to normal.” – Joy
19. “We’ve been through a lot lately, that’s for sure. But we still love our girl. She has great new friends, a great new house. Things couldn’t be better.” – Joy
20. “These are Riley’s memories. And they are mostly happy if you’ll notice, not to brag. But the really important ones are over here.” – Joy
21. “I don’t want to get too technical, but these are called core memories. Each one came from a super important time in Riley’s life. Like when she first scored a goal. It was so amazing.” – Joy
22. “Let’s get those memories down for the long term.” – Joy
Also read: Shrek Quotes
Inside Out Quotes That Highlight the Wonders That Support Brings
23. “Through all these confusions, you’ve stayed, well, you’ve stayed, our happy girl. Your dad is under a lot of pressure. But if you and I can keep smiling, it would be a big help. We can do that for him, right?” – Mom
24. “It was amazing. Just Riley and me—forever.” – Joy
25. “No, Joy. There’s absolutely no reason for Riley to be happy right now. Let us handle this.” – Anger
26. “Well, I just saved our lives. Yeah, you’re welcome.” – Disgust
27. “I sure am glad you told me earthquakes are a myth, Joy; otherwise, I’d be terrified right now.” – Fear
Emotional Inside Out Quotes That’ll Get You Teary-Eyed
28. “I’m too sad to walk. Just give me a few—hours.” – Sadness
29. “I know. I’m sorry. Something’s wrong with me. I—it’s like I’m having a breakdown.” – Sadness
30. “I keep making mistakes like that. I’m awful.” – Sadness
31. “Sadness—mom and dad—the team. They came to help—because of Sadness.” – Joy
31. “What did we do to deserve you?” – Riley
33. “Crying helps me slow down and obsess over the weight of life’s problems.” – Sadness
34. “You need me to be happy, but I want my old friends and my hockey team. I wanna go home.” – Riley
35. Sadness: “I’m sorry they took your rocket. They took something you loved.”
Bing Bong: “It’s gone. Forever.”
Inside Out Quotes for Those Who Loved the Movie
36. “Fear! I need a list of all the possible negative outcomes on the first day at a new school.” – Joy
37. “This is ridiculous! We can’t even get a good night’s sleep anymore. Time to take action!” – Anger
38. “First day of school! Very, very exciting! I was up late last night figuring out a new plan.” – Joy
Funny Inside Out Quotes
39. “Alright, we did not die today! I’d call that an unqualified success.” – Fear
40. “We should lock the door and scream that curse word we know. It’s a good one!” – Anger
41. “Can I say the cursed word now?” – Anger
42. “Did I ask for the gum commercial?” – Anger
43. “It’s a house of the dead! What are we going to do? We’re going to get rabies!” – Anger
44. “Congratulations, San Francisco, you’ve ruined pizza! First the Hawaiians, and now you!” – Anger
45. “Boy Band Island? Hope it’s just a phase.” – Fear
46. Mom: “The drive out was pretty fun. What was your favorite bit?”
Anger: “Spitting out the car window.”
Disgust: “Definitely not when dad was singing.”
More Inside Out Quotes That You’ll Enjoy
47. Joy: “C’mon! Think positive!”
Sadness: “I’m positive that you’ll get lost in there!”
48. “Whoa. Is this Riley? She’s so big now. She won’t fit in my rocket. How’re we gonna get to the moon?” – Bing Bong
49. “Okay, caution, there is a dangerous smell, people.” – Disgust
50. “That is not brightly colored. Or shaped like a dinosaur. Hold on, guys. It’s broccoli—bah!” – Disgust
Did These Quotes Help You Better Understand Your Emotions?
People may want to see us happy all the time, but the mind doesn’t work that way. Life is not all merry, and we experience both the ups and the downs. It is impossible to grow as humans without experiencing the negativities of life here and there.
We may not always recognize and understand that fact. But, through Inside Out, we can see how those downtimes are necessary for us to improve as individuals. By experiencing a wide range of emotions, we see things from a broader perspective, and we allow ourselves to process them from a different point of view.
More than that, accepting that we feel both the highs and lows is essential for our mental health. We cannot keep our emotions locked inside us, as that would, later on, lead to our own suffering. After all, loving and accepting our whole selves include the parts we find ugly.
So, the next time your feelings overwhelm you, remember that it’s all a part of life. Take a deep breath, and feel free to reread our collection for some pick-me-ups and reminders of this fact.
Have you watched Inside Out before? Are there any other quotes you’d like us to include? Write down your suggestions below!