Read these top 50 Jay Shetty quotes and get some life-changing pieces of advice!
You might be surprised to know that Jay Shetty was a former Hindu monk. Now, he is an award-winning storyteller, speaker, and mentor who helps millions of people around the globe find their purpose and happiness in life.
Though he only spent three years as a monk, his experiences and learnings from his time in India greatly influenced the lifestyle and wisdom he’s sharing today.
Through Jay Shetty, we learn about topics like non-attachment, gratitude, adaptability, and more.
So, if you also want to change your life for the better, start by reading through our collection of the best Jay Shetty quotes.
We’re positive you’ll find a few great lines that’ll steer your life in the direction you want it to go.
Best Jay Shetty Quotes
1. “What we’re searching for is not out there, but it’s inside. Therefore, happiness is actually an inside job.”
2. “We are so anxious about what will happen in the future that we don’t enjoy the present.”
3. “If you don’t sacrifice for what you want, what you want becomes the sacrifice.”
4. “When nobody else celebrates you, learn to celebrate yourself. When nobody else compliments you, then compliment yourself. It’s not up to other people to keep you encouraged. It’s up to you. Encouragement should come from the inside.”
5. “Everything in life happens according to our time, our clock. You may look at some of your friends and think that they’re ahead of you. Maybe some of them you feel are behind, but everything happens at their own pace. They have their own time and clock, and so do you. Be patient.”
Famous Jay Shetty Quotes
6. “In a world with so much information, we’re somehow still missing the wisdom of life.”
7. “The more you try and keep up with others’ opinions, the more you’ll fall behind.”
8. “The best people to surround yourself with are the ones that bring out the best in you.”
9. “We need to learn to accept apologies that we never received.”
10. “Go the extra mile; it’s never crowded.”
Inspiring Jay Shetty Quotes That’ll Change Your Life
11. “You are still young, and you aren’t supposed to have your whole life figured out yet. Don’t stress. Everything will work out.”
12. “The interesting thing is, those opinions didn’t change the world, but the people behind the ideas did.”
13. “Everything makes sense, even if you can’t make sense of it right now. Don’t judge the moment.”
14. “We may not be the best, but if we keep going longer, we will better ourselves.”
15. “Being positive doesn’t mean you don’t ever have negative thoughts. It just means you don’t let those thoughts control your life.”
Jay Shetty Quotes to Motivate You
16. “Think about what you can do right now, not what you wish you had done before.”
17. “The days you don’t want to are the days you really have to if you want to reach your goal.”
18. “No matter how many times life will tread on you. life will crumple you, life will scrunch you, and life will squeeze you, you will always keep your value. That spark within us—all of bliss, knowledge, and eternity that exists—that spark will never be taken away.”
19. “Motivation comes from meaning. Everything comes from meaning.”
20. “The thing about limitations is that they are only true as long as you believe in them. So, instead of believing in your limitations, start believing in yourself.”
Jay Shetty Quotes on Love and Relationships
21. “Love doesn’t hurt. People who don’t know how to love, hurt.”
22. “Some people love you but don’t tell you; some people tell you but don’t love you.”
23. “So many people are together but not in love. So many people are in love but not together.”
24. “We put time limits on what we love, but we do what we don’t love all of the time.”
25. “We are meant to love people and use things, but today we use people and love things.”
Jay Shetty Quotes on Success
26. “Success comes from gaining, happiness comes from giving.”
27. “We need to redefine what success means. Let’s not make happiness and success about the size of our homes but about the size of our hearts. Let’s not make it about gratification, but gratitude.”
28. “We only view people’s success as what we see in their highlight reel, and we forget what they actually had to go through to get to that stage. And that’s why the next time you see someone that you think is successful, don’t focus on what they’re doing now. Focus on what they did to get there.”
29. “Getting your degree after 25 is still an achievement. Not being married at 30 but still happy is beautiful. Starting a family after 35 is still possible. Buying a house after 40 is still great. Don’t let anyone rush you with their timelines.”
30. “Money is only a tool. It will take you wherever you wish, but make sure it does not replace you as the driver.”
Wise Jay Shetty Quotes to Understand the World Better
31. “Your new life will cost you your old one.”
32. “Life and time are the best two teachers. Life teaches us to make good use of time, and time teaches us the value of life.”
33. “Never judge anyone because you never know how their life is and what they go through.”
34. “We force ourselves out of bed to live the same day again and again and call it a life.”
35. “Swap ‘Why is this happening to me?’ to ‘What is this trying to teach me?’ It will change everything.”
Short Jay Shetty Quotes You Need to Read Today
36. “Remember, growing always feels like breaking at first.”
37. “Whatever is taken for granted will eventually be taken away.”
38. “What you want exists. Don’t settle until you get it.”
39. “If you can build a muscle, you can build a mindset.”
40. “Turn your can’ts into cans and your dreams into plans.”
Jay Shetty Quotes That Are Packed With Life-Changing Insights
41. “The best lesson I have learned in life came from the worst feeling I ever felt in life.”
42. “Don’t be afraid of new beginnings, new people, new energy, new surroundings, and new challenges. Embrace new chances at happiness.”
43. “One of the biggest reasons we don’t achieve our goals is we say yes to too many things that are not our priority and no to too many things that are our priority.”
44. “You’re not going to master the rest of your life in one day. Don’t stress. Master the day. Make this a daily reminder.”
45. “Always tell someone how you feel because opportunities are lost in the blink of an eye, but regret can last a lifetime.”
More Jay Shetty Quotes for Those Who Need a Boost
46. “I’m always opening 1,000 doors. Everyone sees the 10 that stay open. That’s the key to growth.”
47. “Growth isn’t always consistent. You relapse, you fall, but remember, that doesn’t mean you’re back at square one. You don’t lose the growth you had before the relapse. Take your time; continue where you left off.”
48. “Don’t carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones.”
49. “Everything will happen for you all of a sudden, and you will be thankful you didn’t give up. Blessings are coming. Believe that.”
50. “Deep down, you know what you’re capable of. There are even moments when you and others notice your potential. You can get there. You just have to be ready to sacrifice the bad habits, time-wasting activities, and overthinking that don’t support your success.”
What Values Did You Learn From These Jay Shetty Quotes?
We often categorize our days, months, and years into two: good or bad. But, for Jay Shetty, if we do this, we’ll miss out on the little things—experiences—that make up life. Instead, we should live with the mindset that each day offers us gifts to be grateful for.
We must not attach ourselves to negative experiences and naysayers’ opinions. Let go, and use them as stepping stones that’ll bring you higher up the ladder.
There will be many shifts and turns in life, and we can’t wholly ready ourselves to face everything. So, we must be adaptable to change. Adapt to the circumstance, and know that each problem you encounter is a learning experience.
Lastly, be grateful for all the world has to offer. If we recognize that happiness is internal, then everything life throws at us will be an opportunity to find joy and meaning in our lives.
Jay Shetty indeed speaks such profound truths about life and the world. So, whenever you feel like you’re drowning in your problems, read through this list again and be encouraged to see things more optimistically. Make sure you bookmark this collection so it’s easy to whip it out whenever needed!
Do you listen to Jay Shetty’s On Purpose podcast? Did we miss any of your favorite quotes? Share them with us by commenting below!