There are times when you feel like everything is spiraling out of your control, and when that happens, reading these Robert Greene quotes is the best way to go!
Let’s admit it; it’s hard to be open about our struggles with other people. Sometimes, the only way out of your problems is by helping yourself break through those challenges.
Thankfully, we have Robert Greene and his books like The 48 Laws of Power, The 50th Law, and Mastery to help us out.
In his works, he tackled different aspects of life and how, ultimately, we have the power to control its outcome. It’s all about having the right strategy to face life’s hurdles.
If you want to understand his theories better, then read through this list of the best of the best Robert Greene quotes.
Take out a pen and a sheet of paper, and list down the lines you think you can live by!
Continue to the entire collection below.
Best Robert Greene Quotes
1. “The greatest test of courage on earth is to bear defeat without losing heart.”
2. “Never assume that the person you are dealing with is weaker or less important than you are.”
3. “There is too little mystery in the world; too many people say exactly what they feel or want.”
4. “The future belongs to those who learn more skills and combine them in creative ways.”
5. “Never waste valuable time, or mental peace of mind, on the affairs of others—that is too high a price to pay.”
Famous Robert Greene Quotes
6. “Confidence is important, but if it is not based on a realistic appraisal of who you are, it is mere grandiosity and smugness.”
7. “Keep your friends for friendship, but work with the skilled and competent.”
8. “Mastery is not a function of genius or talent, it is a function of time and intense focus applied to a particular field of knowledge.”
9. “No one is really going to help you or give you direction. In fact, the odds are against you.”
10. “There is nothing more intoxicating than victory, and nothing more dangerous.”
11. “When our emotions are engaged, we often have trouble seeing things as they are.”
Robert Greene Quotes on Life
12. “Life goes by very fast. And the worst thing in life that you can have is a job that you hate, and have no energy and creativity in.”
13. “Routine life is unbearable, and most people only think about how to escape into the world of fantasy and dreams.”
14. “Understand: people will constantly attack you in life. One of their main weapons will be to instill in you doubts about yourself—your worth, your abilities, your potential. They will often disguise this as their objective opinion, but invariably it has a political purpose—they want to keep you down.”
Robert Greene Quotes on Love
15. “Love is a lock that linketh noble minds.”
16. “You cannot repress anger or love, or avoid feeling them, and you should not try.”
17. “Lofty words of love and grand gestures can be suspicious. Why are you trying so hard to please? The details of a seduction? The subtle gestures, the offhand things you do are often more charming and revealing.”
Also read: True Love Quotes
Robert Greene Quotes That Zoom in on Human Nature
18. “People are more complicated than the masks they wear in society.”
19. “Every single human being is a completely unique creation.”
20. “But the human tongue is a beast that few can master. It strains constantly to break out of its cage, and if it is not tamed, it will run wild and cause you grief.”
21. “A person who cannot control his words shows that he cannot control himself, and is unworthy of respect.”
Profound Robert Greene Quotes to Give You Power
22. “Increase your power and your image will gain reliability.”
23. “Become the curator of life. Edit, leave out the junk. But when you find something worth keeping, treasure it.”
24. “Power is not what we do but what we do not—hasty and unwise actions that we repeat every day and which ultimately bring us into trouble.”
25. “Never take your position for granted and never let any favors you receive go to your head.”
26. “You choose to let things bother you. You can just as easily choose not to notice the irritating offender, to consider the matter trivial and unworthy of your interest. That is the powerful move. What you do not react to cannot drag you down in a futile engagement. Your pride is not involved. The best lesson you can teach an irritating gnat is to consign it to oblivion by ignoring it.”
Robert Greene Quotes to Live By
27. “You must learn when to leave. Create value through scarcity.”
28. “Never whine, never complain, never try to justify yourself.”
29. “Become who you are by learning who you are.”
30. “Your faith in yourself should overcome your insecurities. Imagine yourself a king and you will become a king.”
Short Robert Greene Quotes That’ll Shift Your Perspective
31. “Lord, protect me from my friends; I can take care of my enemies.”
32. “Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.”
33. “Boldness makes even the smallest animal dangerous.”
34. “We must create our own world or we will die from inaction.”
35. “Everyone admires the bold; no one honors the timid.”
More Robert Greene Quotes That Will Change Your Life
36. “The time that leads to mastery is dependent on the intensity of our focus.”
37. “Move toward challenges that will toughen and improve you.”
38. “What kills the creative force is not age or lack of talent, but our own spirit, our own attitude.”
39. “To not follow your passion in life is a recipe for failure and unhappiness.”
40. “Understand: you are one of a kind. Your character traits are a kind of chemical mix that will never be repeated in history. There are ideas unique to you, a specific rhythm and perspective that are your strengths, not your weaknesses. You must not be afraid of your uniqueness and you must care less and less about what people think of you.”
Did These Robert Greene Quotes Open Your Eyes to the Power You Hold?
We all have dreams and ambitions that are larger than life. Even though we think they’re too big to achieve, they’re not. More often than not, it just takes tremendous amounts of dedication and hard work to climb the ladder to the top.
This is one of the key takeaways we’ve gathered from Robert Greene’s quotes. The process of becoming our best possible selves will be long and taxing. Though that’s the case, if we believe in our capabilities and put it into our minds that we can succeed, this seemingly never-ending journey will soon be fulfilled.
Never let yourself be distracted by outside factors that do little to benefit your progress. Instead, look inward—look at the things you’re good at and what you can improve on. By working on yourself actively, you will slowly realize that you have all it takes to achieve even the biggest of your dreams.
Robert Greene has a lot more in store for you, but we hope these quotes we’ve gathered for you were able to give you the necessary first steps to take. Move through life with purpose, and take these Robert Greene quotes with you as you navigate through your every day.
Have you read any of his books? Which of these Robert Greene quotes changed your life? Please, share your thoughts below.