Reading these top 50 life is good quotes is a great way to open your eyes to the beauty behind each high and low point of life.
Life can be pretty unpredictable—one moment, you can feel like you’re up in the clouds, and the next, you might feel like there’s no good left in the world.
In these moments, when you feel down, the only thing you can do is remember that life is good.
No matter how many challenges, failures, and grief it throws at you, the good of life will always outweigh the bad. Look at the positives—the sun shining every morning, your loved ones, or even your favorite food.
Attaining a positive mindset is easier said than done, but it’s the only way to the good life.
So, if you need advice or a little push, read this list of life is good quotes we’ve compiled!
Best Life Is Good Quotes
1. “What I’m trying to get at is, as bad as everything seems, I think, at its heart, life is good. It doesn’t throw anything at us that it knows we can’t handle—and, even if it takes time, it turns everything right side up again.” – Alexandra Bracken
2. “Birds chirping around you is a beautiful realization that life is incredibly good. Let this sound be a gentle break in your routine.” – Hiral Nagda
3. “Life is good when we think it’s good. Life is bad when we don’t think.” – Douglas Horton
4. “I love laugh lines. It means you’ve had a good life. The most beautiful women—Audrey Hepburn, Lauren Hutton, and Ali MacGraw—all embraced the aging process.” – Aerin Lauder
5. “Life is abundant, and life is beautiful. And it’s a good place that we’re all in, you know, on this earth, if we take care of it.” – Alice Walker
6. “Getting ahead cannot be the only motive that motivates people. You have to imagine what a good life is.” – Henry Giroux
7. “If you live a good life, that seems to be what really matters. If there is something afterward, terrific. If not, you haven’t lost anything.” – Joe Morton
8. “When life is good, do not take it for granted as it will pass. Be mindful, be compassionate, and nurture the circumstances that find you in this good time so it will last longer. When life falls apart, always remember that this, too, will pass. Life will have its unexpected turns.” – Ajahn Brahm
9. “When life is good and we have no problems, we can almost let ourselves believe we have no need for God. But, in my experience, sometimes the richest blessings come through pain and hard things.” – Anne Graham Lotz
Inspiring Good Life Quotes
10. “The good life is a process, not a state of being. It is a direction, not a destination.” – Carl Rogers
11. “The good life consists of deriving happiness by using your signature strengths every day in the main realms of living. The meaningful life adds one more component: using these same strengths to forward knowledge, power, or goodness.” – Martin Seligman
12. “A life without fame can be a good life, but fame without a life is no life at all.” – Clive James
13. “Thank you, God, for this good life, and forgive us if we do not love it enough.” – Garrison Keillor
14. “The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge.” – Bertrand Russell
15. “The secret to a good life is to have the right loyalties and hold them on the right scale of values.” – Norman Thomas
16. “There are three ingredients in the good life: learning, earning, and yearning.” – Christopher Morley
17. “I want to do things of significance, things that will inspire people to know how good life can be.” – Judge Reinhold
Short Life Is Good Quotes
18. “You will never get everything in life but you will get enough.” – Sanhita Baruah
19. “The good life is one that’s artistically made.” – William Shatner
20. “It is a good life. I would do it all over in a minute if I could.” – Rudy Boesch
21. “Maybe that’s what life is—a wink of the eye and winking stars.” – Jack Kerouac
22. “True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils.” – Baltasar Gracian
23. “My goal in life was to pursue the good life.” – Oleg Cassini
24. “Life is good. Or at least, it’s always interesting.” – Joss Stone
25. “I’ve had a good life. Enough happiness, enough success.” – Michael Landon
Life Is Good Quotes for a Brighter Day Ahead
26. “Despite the forecast, live like it’s spring.” – Lilly Pulitzer
27. “Acting as if your life is good is closer to the truth than acting as if it is not.” – Alan Cohen
28. “If you want to have a good life, you should focus on your family, on your business, on your dog, on your fun, and you’ll have a good life.” – Adam Carolla
29. “You’re only human. You live once and life is wonderful, so eat the damned red velvet cupcake.” – Emma Stone
30. “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
Life Is Good Quotes That’ll Change Your Worldview
31. “Decide that life is good and you are special. Decide to enjoy today. Decide that you will live life to the fullest now, no matter what. Trust that you will change what needs changing, but also decide that you’re not going to put off enjoying life just because you don’t have everything you want now. Steadfastly refuse to let anything steal your joy. Choose to be happy—and you will be.” – Donna Fargo
32. “Sometimes it takes a wake-up call, doesn’t it, to alert us to the fact that we’re hurrying through our lives instead of actually living them; that we’re living the fast life instead of the good life. And I think, for many people, that wake-up call takes the form of an illness.” – Carl Honore
33. “The key to a good life is not giving a f*ck about more; it’s giving a f*ck about less, giving a f*ck about only what is true and immediate and important.” – Mark Manson
Life Is Good Quotes for Everyone Who’s Struggling
34. “Stop seeking today. You have all it takes to live a good life. You have your mind.” – Maxime Lagacé
35. “The good life is not about comfort, success, stuff, achievements. It’s more about meaning, doing what we love, simplicity, being healthy and surrounded by people we love.” – Maxime Lagacé
36. “Don’t settle for what life gives you; make life better and build something.” – Ashton Kutcher
37. “You’ve all been so sure that life is good that I’ve never been able to disbelieve it. Never will be able to.” – L.M. Montgomery
38. “When I started counting my blessings, my whole life turned around.” – Willie Nelson
Deep Life Is Good Quotes to Remember
39. “We have a good life when we manage to live with both satisfied and unsatisfied needs when we are not obsessed by what is beyond our reach.” – Kjell Magne Bondevik
40. “Now it’s the little moments that stop me in my tracks because that’s what life is all about.” – Joanna Gaines
41. “I tell everybody that you haven’t lived a good life if you haven’t made a mistake.” – Gino D’Acampo
42. “We wait for the rains to cease, the clouds to part, and the sun to shine before saying life is good. Ironically, it is because we endure the storms that life seems so wonderfully bright at their passing.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
43. “God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.” – Voltaire
Also read: Life Goes On Quotes
Life Is Good Quotes to Steer You Toward Something More Positive
44. “The biggest adventure you can take is to live the life of your dreams.” – Oprah Winfrey
45. “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
46. “Life just doesn’t hand you things. You have to get out there and make things happen. That’s the exciting part.” – Emeril Lagasse
47. “Things will be alright. People need to hear that. Life is good, just as it is. There isn’t anything that I would change about my life.” – George Dawson
More Life Is Good Quotes That You Will Love
48. “I realize we’re not promised tomorrow. Believe me, I realize that. But if God blesses me and lets me stay, I love my life so much, it is such a good life. I am eager to throw myself at His feet, but I don’t want to get on the first busload that is going.” – Barbara Mandrell
49. “You feel like everyone hates you if you’ve got a good life, now I feel maybe it’s allowed because I’ve had my share of sadness.” – Stella McCartney
50. “Flourishing is everyone’s birthright. I’m trying to break this hold that being smiley and cheery has on what people think the good life is.” – Steve Jurvetson
Do You Think You’re Living the Good Life?
One of the hardest things to define in this world is life. What is life all about, and when can we say we have a good or bad life?
Well, the thing about life is that it’ll never cease to surprise you. As many people say, life is like a wheel—what you feel now might be the total opposite of what you feel the next minute. Although this is the case, we must remember that whatever surprise life offers us, life will always be good.
When we feel like we’re on top of the world, everything seems more colorful, clear, and bright. On the flip side, when we’re in a rut, we learn new things about the world and grow as individuals. No bad experience will ever be inherently evil because all negatives are opportunities for us to develop into better versions of ourselves.
We only need to shape our mindset into something more positive—something that can always recognize the good in every situation. By doing so, we can see and understand how much of a good life we live.
When you feel stuck in a slump, read through this list of life is good quotes again. Remember, everything is a learning experience. So, don’t be afraid to take a leap and jump at every opportunity to live a good life!