Let this list of simple life quotes lead you to a life that’s lived with meaning and purpose!
Living a simple life means being happier and more content in life.
We don’t need a lot of money or fancy things to be satisfied. Instead, we can create a happy life just by spending time with ourselves and our loved ones and working on our passions.
There’s no denying it. It’s hard to see the value of living a simple life while we’re preoccupied with all the worldly things society constantly presents to us.
However, it’s essential to understand that living simply will bring about much more contentment than any other material possession.
There are several advantages to living a simple life. Read the collection from beginning to end to learn what they are and how to lead a simpler life!
We’re positive that the quotes here will open your eyes to a different and more stress-free lifestyle!
Continue reading below.
Best Simple Life Quotes
1. “When you simplify your life, you will be able to see life much better because with a simple life; you get rid of the obstacles that prevent your horizons!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
2. “Live simply so that others may simply live.” – Mahatma Gandhi
3. “It is the sweet, simple things of life which are the real ones after all.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder
4. “Make your life simple but significant.” – Dan Draper
5. “A simple life is not seeing how little we can get by with—that’s poverty—but how efficiently we can put first things first.” – Victoria Moran
Inspiring Quotes About a Simple Life
6. “Keep it simple, like simple living and simple thinking can unlock the door to a more inspired life.” – Anonymous
7. “To realize the soothing power of simple life is to find the secret of happiness!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
8. “A simple life gives birth to more clarity, inner peace, and meaningful relationships.” – Margo Vader
9. “Simplicity of living, if deliberately chosen, implies a compassionate approach to life. It means that we are choosing to live our daily lives with some degree of conscious appreciation of the condition of the rest of the world.” – Duane Elgin
10. “A minimalist by intent, I live a beautiful life with fewer things—simple, yet full.” – Laurie Buchanan
Simple Life Quotes for Everyone Looking For Happiness
11. “Simple life is a happy life.” – Anonymous
12. “I want to live a simple life without stress or worry. I don’t need a lot of stuff. I just want to be happy.” – Anonymous
13. “Life is truly beautiful in simplicity. When we lead a simple life, we achieve unknown happiness—a happiness that surpasses any other form of happiness.” – Avijeet Das
14. “If one’s life is simple, contentment has to come. Simplicity is extremely important for happiness. Having few desires, feeling satisfied with what you have, is very vital: satisfaction with just enough food, clothing, and shelter to protect yourself from the elements.” – Dalai Lama XIV
Simple Life Quotes to Guide You
15. “Going back to a simpler life is not a step backward.” – Yvon Chouinard
16. “Lead a simple life. First, reduce your greed. Then reduce your needs.” – Ritu Ghatourey
17. “Don’t make your life complicated; live simply.” – MJ Jabican
18. “The greatest step towards a life of simplicity is to learn to let go.” – Steve Maraboli
Simple Life Quotes for People Who Seek Peace of Mind
19. “Escape from complicated life! Take refuge in simple life! You will find three treasures there: a healthy body, a peaceful mind, and a life away from ambitious fools!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
20. “All I really want is a small, slow, simple life. A mediocre life. A beautiful, quiet, gentle life. I think it is enough.” – Krista O’Reilly
21. “I just want to live simply and pay attention to what’s happening each day.” – Kent Haruf
22. “I want to live simply, to work honestly, to love completely and to dare mightily, so that when I die, my children, and their children, will know that I died empty and well satisfied.” – Doug Robinson
23. “How do we return to a simpler way of living? Is there some way that we can start to think of each other as human beings again, instead of worshiping money, instead of worshiping electronics, instead of worshiping getting ahead just for me?” – Giancarlo Esposito
Simple Life Quotes to Show the Beauty of Being a Minimalist
24. “Live a simple life; you will own the most beautiful treasures of the world!” – Mehmet Murat İldan
25. “It’s the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary.” – Paulo Coelho
26. “To find the universal elements enough; to find the air and the water exhilarating; to be refreshed by a morning walk or an evening saunter; to be thrilled by the stars at night; to be elated over a bird’s nest or a wildflower in spring—these are some of the rewards of the simple life.” – John Burroughs
Deep Simple Life Quotes to Think About
27. “An authentic life facing reality without mental equivocation is the simplest type of life.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
28. “As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” – Henry David Thoreau
29. “Minimalism is about creating space to live simply and meaningfully; it’s about living intentionally.” – Laurie Buchanan
30. “A person who knows who they are lives a simple life by eliminating from their orbit anything that does not align with his or her overriding purpose and values.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
31. “Our true nature and desires may be complex. But we were given sensuality to bring simplicity into our lives.” – Lebo Grand
32. “We have a choice to lead a simple life, but one that is truly rich in meaning.” – Avijeet Das
Also read: Life Is Precious Quotes
Simple Life Quotes That Are Worth Reading
33. “A simple lifestyle is good for us, helping us to better share with those in need.” – Pope Francis
34. “We all want to just want to live a simple life, but nobody really knows how to do that.” – Cameron Britton
35. “Best rule for a simple life: care with no reason, love with no expectation.” – Ritu Ghatourey
36. “Free men must live simple lives and have simple pleasures.” – William Morris
37. “Finding a way to live the simple life is one of life’s supreme complications.” – T. S. Eliot
More Simple Life Quotes That’ll Give You Meaningful Realizations
38. “I began to realize how simple life could be if one had a regular routine to follow with fixed hours, a fixed salary, and very little original thinking to do.” – Roald Dahl
39. “The trouble with simple living is that, though it can be joyful, rich, and creative, it isn’t simple.” – Doris Janzen Longacre
40. “The real drawback to the simple life is that it is not simple. If you are living it, you positively can do nothing else. There is no time.” – Katharine Elizabeth Fullerton Gerould
Are You Ready to Take That Next Step to Live a Simpler Life?
Living a simple life does not mean that one should live in an environment where there is no electricity or running water. Instead, it means living while appreciating the possessions you have now—both material and not. By appreciating ourselves, our loved ones, our time, and our passions, we really get to live and enjoy all of life.
You may not notice them at first, but there are a lot of advantages to living a simple life. For one, it allows you to take time for self-care. This includes taking care of your health, spending time on things that interest you, and enjoying the company of friends and family.
Another thing is that you learn to be more appreciative of the things you already have. You won’t view money as a scarce resource. Instead, you’ll think you have enough because you know that materialistic things aren’t what would bring you true happiness.
The simplest things in life are often the most meaningful ones. The more we simplify our lives, the more time we have for what matters. If we live a simple life, we put less emphasis on unnecessary things and instead focus on what’s important—our relationships, health, happiness, and dreams!
With that, we hope this list of simple life quotes was able to give you a better understanding of minimalism and contentment. You have the power to choose how you enjoy life. So, always prioritize those that would lead you to a life with purpose and meaning!