Let this list of persistence quotes help you learn what it means to have the strength to keep going and push past your limits!
Life is full of ups and downs. So, having a persistent attitude helps you overcome the failures you will come across. It guides you toward personal development and makes your next problems easier to solve.
When challenges try to bog you down, being persistent is the only way to rise above them and continue on the path to your goals.
It would sometimes feel like you’re just going in circles, but you are actually building the skills and knowledge you’ll need in the long run. Keep going because you are on the right track.
So, if you need help improving your attitude, you can get inspiration from these top 60 persistence quotes!
Our collection below contains enlightening words that will surely give lessons you can live by.
Let’s get started.
And don’t forget to check out these resilience quotes.
Best Persistence Quotes
1. “Persistence overshadows even talent as the most valuable resource shaping the quality of life.” – Tony Robbins
2. “Your dreams can come true through the power of persistence.” – Thelma Barnes
3. “Persistence is to the character of man as carbon is to steel.” – Napoleon Hill
4. “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” – Benjamin Franklin
5. “No great achievement is possible without persistent work.” – Bertrand Russell
6. “A river cuts through rock not because of its power but because of its persistence.” – James Watkins
7. “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” – Calvin Coolidge
8. “Persistence, persistence, and persistence. The power can be created and maintained through daily practice—continuous effort.” – Bruce Lee
9. “The most essential factor is persistence. The determination never to allow your energy or enthusiasm to be dampened by the discouragement that must inevitably come.” – James Whitcomb Riley
10. “Without the art of persistence, there can be no gold at the end of the rainbow. Although the building blocks of the art of persistence are basic, it takes a special determination in order to bring the pieces of the puzzle in place.” – R.L. Adams
Inspirational Persistence Quotes
11. “Persistence means continuing firmly with a course of action despite obstacles and resistance.” – Sharon Cook
12. “My persistence comes from being committed to my goals and my willingness to keep going when everyone else would give up.” – Bob Oros
13. “The more you are persistent in one area of life, the hungrier you become for persistence in other areas of your life.” – Justin Sachs
14. “The little step, long-continued, the very gradual but persistent advance is sure to attain its end.” – Lord Robert Montagu
15. “The only thing that stands between dreams and reality is persistence.” – Abhijit Naskar
16. “It’s only those who are persistent and willing to study things deeply who achieve the masterwork.” – Paulo Coelho
17. “Persistence is like a genie that creates a magical force in your life.” – Lucas Remmerswaal
Short Persistence Quotes That’ll Encourage You to Keep Going
18. “Persistence and determination are always rewarded.” – Christine Rice
19. “Talent is nothing without persistence.” – Dean Crawford
20. “Persistence is the last key that unlocks potential.” – Anonymous
21. “The key of persistence opens all doors closed by resistance.” – John Di Lemme
22. “Persistence can grind an iron beam down to a needle.” – Chinese Proverb
23. “Whoever knocks persistently, ends by entering.” – Muhammad Ali
24. “Persistence prevails when all else fails.” – Anonymous
25. “Paralyze resistance with persistence.” – Woody Hayes
26. “We are made to persist. If I persist long enough, I will win.” – Og Mandino
27. “Persistence gets you farther than brilliance.” – Robin Sharma
28. “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.” – Steve Martin
29. “Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.” – Julie Andrews
30. “Persistence guarantees that results are inevitable.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
31. “Persistence is a secret weapon for everyone.” – Liu Wen
Persistence Quotes for Those Aiming to Accomplish Something
32. “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” – Bill Bradley
33. “Persistence is the iron quality of success. If you persist long enough, you must eventually succeed.” – Brian Tracy
34. “Slight persistent effort can move you successfully forward in anything you do.” – Kelli Wilson
35. “To succeed at anything worthwhile in life requires persistence, no matter how gifted, fortunate, or passionate you are.” – Rich Karlgaard
36. “Persist. Even when you’re heavy with emotion, pick yourself up, bringing the ax of your actions down, repeatedly chopping at the day until you bring the sun low with success.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
37. “The majority of people who fail in their pursuits of an ambitious goal, fail due to a lack of this one key quality—persistence.” – Atlas Rowe
38. “I think the most important trait for an entrepreneur is persistence. When you try to do something new and difficult, you are more likely to fail than to succeed.” – Trip Adler
39. “Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality. The other is a matter of time.” – Marabel Morgan
40. “I will persist until I succeed. Always will I take another step. If that is of no avail, I will take another, and yet another.” – Og Mandino
41. “The most extraordinarily successful people are those who have persisted beyond the norm.” – Justin Sachs
Positive Persistence Quotes to Remind You Not to Give Up
42. “Persistence is the quality of winners. Successful people never, never give up.” – Lynda Field
43. “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.” – Elon Musk
44. “The best of the best never give up. Persistence is a core trait of greatness.” – Robin Sharma
45. “My greatest point is my persistence. I never give up in a match. However down I am, I fight until the last ball. My list of matches shows that I have turned a great many so-called irretrievable defeats into victories.” – Bjorn Borg
46. “So when your mind tells you to quit or give up, you tell it to ‘Shut up.’ Then you go about your healthy business. Believe me. It will listen after a while of being persistent.” – Harken Headers
47. “As long as there’s breath in you—persist!” – Bernard Kelvin Clive
Also read: Excellence Quotes
Persistence Quotes That’ll Push You to Be More Determined
48. “During times of persistent hardship is when the warrior learns the most about his fortitude.” – Bodhi Sanders
49. “Every obstacle in life can be melted by your undying persistence to focus on the goal at hand.” – Daniel Anikor
50. “What is often called exceptional ability is nothing more than persistent endeavor.” – Pauli Murray
51. “If you have mastered your profession but lack the ability to be persistent, you will not succeed. You are a failure when you stop trying again and again.” – Dozie Uzochukwu
52. “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland
Persistence Quotes to Encourage You to Believe In Yourself
53. “Remain persistent and don’t stray from your path. The power to change your opinion about yourself and your outlook on life is in your hands.” – Gavin Bird
54. “By being persistent, you’re demonstrating faith. Persistence is simply another word for faith. If you didn’t have faith, you’d never persist.” – Earl Nightingale
55. “Persistence pushes me to be bold and seek out the opportunities I’ve wanted. It starts by envisioning what you want, no matter how big or small, and believing that you can achieve it.” – Belinda Johnson
More Persistence Quotes That Are Worth Reading
56. “Money grows on the tree of persistence.” – Japanese Proverb
57. “Success is almost totally depending upon drive and persistence.” – Denis Waitley
58. “If you do not have persistence, then no amount of education, talent, or genius can make up for it.” – Stephen Richards
59. “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems.” – Gever Tulley
60. “Never let your persistence and passion turn into stubbornness and ignorance.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
Did These Persistence Quotes Give You More Reasons Not to Give Up Easily?
Persistence is a quality that strong, capable, and successful people have. It is a quality that gives us the wisdom and patience to learn and reflect on our actions and mistakes. Through it, we become more resilient with each difficulty, failure, and disappointment.
It’s not easy to keep our chins up and keep going. We experience setbacks, lack motivation, and get discouraged by circumstances. But, with perseverance, we get to strengthen our character and lead ourselves to better decisions and long-term happiness.
All the top executives in the world failed countless times. They just didn’t let those downfalls stop them from achieving their ultimate goals.
With each failure, they learned and came up with a solution to do better the next time. Eventually, with persistence, they succeeded. This would never happen if one took the easy route and gave up.
If other people can do it, then so can you. Learn from this list of quotes and develop a persistent attitude. We’re sure it will keep you moving one step closer to your goals each day!