If you’re a fan of crime movies, then you will undoubtedly enjoy these Scarface quotes!
The 1983 movie, Scarface, was loosely based on Al Capone’s life as one of the most notorious crime lords. It also took inspiration from Scarface: The Shame of a Nation, a movie released in 1932.
From Al Capone’s history to the movie remakes, we can see just how much of a classic Scarface is.
The movie was also made widely famous because it starred Al Pacino—an American actor who played Michael Corleone in The Godfather.
True to the life of a mafia boss, Scarface is jam-packed with thrilling scenes that’ll make you question your morality and decisions in life.
Tony Montana, the movie’s protagonist, also came face to face with many situations that made it hard for him to choose one over the other.
But, he knew what his goals, dreams, and priorities were. He never lost sight of them, despite all the challenges he faced.
If you’re curious about how the story went, then check out the list of quotes below. Buckle up, and prepare to go on a thrilling ride back to Scarface’s most intense scenes!
Best Scarface Quotes
1. “You wanna f*ck with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay! Say hello to my little friend!” – Tony Montana
2. “Who put this thing together? Me, that’s who! Who do I trust? Me!” – Tony Montana
3. “The world is yours, chico, and everything in it. So say goodnight to the bad guy.” – Tony Montana
4. “You don’t have the guts to be what you wanna be! You need people like me so you can point your f*ckin’ fingers and say, ‘That’s the bad guy!’” – Tony Montana
5. “In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women.” – Tony Montana
Famous Scarface Quotes
6. “I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.” – Tony Montana
7. “All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don’t break ‘em for no one!” – Tony Montana
8. “Every day above ground is a good day.” – Mel Bernstein
9. “Amigo, the only thing in this world that gives orders is balls. Balls. You got that?” – Tony Montana
10. “You know what capitalism is? Getting f*cked!” – Tony Montana
Also read: Famous Quotes
Scarface Quotes by Tony Montana
11. “Every dog has his day.” – Tony Montana
12. “You f*ck with me, you’re f*cking with the best!” – Tony Montana
13. “I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice.” – Tony Montana
14. “You want to play games? Okay, I play with you”. – Tony Montana
15. “Go ahead! I take your f*cking bullets! You think you kill me with bullets? I take your f*cking bullets! Go ahead!” – Tony Montana
16. “Okay, here’s the story. I come from the gutter. I know that. I got no education, but that’s okay. I know the street, and I’m making all the right connections. With the right woman, there’s no stopping me. I could go right to the top.” – Tony Montana
17. “You worry too much. You’re gonna have a heart attack.” – Tony Montana
18. “You a communist? Huh? How’d you like it, man? They tell you all the time what to do, what to think, what to feel. Do you wanna be like a sheep? Like all those other people? Baah! Baah!” – Tony Montana
19. “I never f*cked anybody over in my life didn’t have it coming to them. You got that?” – Tony Montana
20. “You think you can take me? You need a f*cking army if you gonna take me!” – Tony Montana
Scarface Quotes by Other Characters
21. “You’re gonna find, if you stay loyal in this business, you’re gonna move up. You’re gonna move up fast.” – Frank Lopez
22. “You know what you’re becoming, Tony? You’re an immigrant spick millionaire, who can’t stop talking about money.” – Elvira Hancock
23. “So, you want to dance, Frank, or you want to sit there and have a heart attack?” – Elvira Hancock
24. “Nothing exceeds like excess. You should know that, Tony.” – Elvira Hancock
25. “I told you a long time ago, you f*cking little monkey, not to f*ck me!” – Alejandro Sosa
26. “You know what a chazzer is? It’s a Yiddish word for ‘pig.’ See, the guy, he wants more than what he needs. He don’t fly straight no more.” – Frank Lopez
27. “You can’t tell me what to do, Tony. No more. I am not a baby anymore. I’ll do what I wanna do. I’ll see whoever I wanna see. And if I wanna f*ck ’em, Tony, then I’ll f*ck ’em!” – Gina Montana
28. Frank Lopez: “Lesson number one: don’t underestimate the other guy’s greed!”
Elvira Hancock: “Lesson number two: don’t get high on your own supply.”
Short Scarface Quotes That’ll Always Be Iconic
29. “I got ears, ya know. I hear things.” – Tony Montana
30. “This country was built on laundered money.” – Tony Montana
31. “I work hard for this. I want you to know that.” – Tony Montana
32. “Now you’re talking to me, baby! That I like! Keep it coming!” – Tony Montana
33. “Come on, pelicans! Fly, fly away!” – Tony Montana
34. “Why don’t you stick your head up your *ss, see if it fits.” – Tony Montana
More Scarface Quotes for Al Pacino Fans
35. Tony Montana: “You know what your problem is, pussycat?”
Elvira Hancock: “What is my problem, Tony?”
Tony Montana: “You got nothing to do with your life, man. Why don’t you get a job? Do something, be a nurse. Work with blind kids, lepers, that kind of thing. Anything beats you waiting around all day, waiting for me to f*ck you, I’ll tell you that.”
Elvira Hancock: “Don’t toot your horn, honey, you’re not that good.”
Tony Montana: “Oh yeah? Frank was better huh?”
Elvira Hancock: “You’re an *sshole.”
Tony Montana: “Where are you going? Come here! Coño, hey! Elvy! I was kidding. I was only kidding!”
36. Tony Montana: “It’s those guys, Manny. It’s the f*cking bankers, the politicians, they’re the ones that want to make coke illegal! So, they can make the f*cking money and they get the f*cking votes, they’re fighting the bad guys, they’re the bad guys! They f*ck anything and anyone. F*ck, f*cking bankers!”
Elvira Hancock: “Can’t you stop saying f*ck all the time?”
37. Alejandro Sosa: “Tony what happened?”
Tony Montana: “Aw, Alex. We had some problems, you know, your man he wouldn’t listen to me so I had to cancel his f*cking contract.”
38. Tony Montana: “Sure, Mel. Maybe you can hand yourself one of them first-class tickets to the Resurrection. So long, Mel, have a nice trip.”
Mel Bernstein: “F*ck you!”
39. Immigration Officer #1: “Okay, so what do you call yourself? ¿Cómo se llama?”
Tony Montana: “Antonio Montana. And you, what you call yourself?”
Immigration Officer #2: “Where’d you learn to speak English, Tony?”
Tony Montana: “Uh, in a school. And my father, he was, uh, from the United States. Just like you, ya know? He was a Yankee. Uh, he used to take me a lot to the movies. I learn. I watch the guys like Humphrey Bogart, James Cagney. They, they teach me to talk. I like those guys. I always know one day I’m comin’ here, United States.”
40. Mel Bernstein: “I told him. It didn’t make any sense, clipping you when we had you working for us. He wouldn’t listen. He got hot tonight, about the broad, you know? He f*cked up.”
Tony Montana: “You too, Mel. You f*cked up.”
Mel Bernstein: “Don’t go too far, Tony.”
Tony Montana: “I’m not, Mel, you are.”
Mel Bernstein: “You can’t shoot a cop!”
Tony Montana: “Whoever said you was one?”
Did These Scarface Quotes Take You Back to Your Favorite Scenes in the Movie?
Life as an immigrant will never be easy. Aside from the discrimination, one’s also thrown into new and unknown territory. This is the harsh reality Tony Montana had to face as a Cuban immigrant in the United States.
But, because of his grit, perseverance, and determination to succeed, he was able to work himself to the top of the Miami underworld. It was a daunting and intimidating task to survive and thrive in unfamiliar territory. Yet, he still succeeded, even though some of his decisions were questionable.
Tony Montana got his hands dirty to reach the top and never let anything get in the way of his success. Crime and violence are not things we should live by, but we still see some positive values behind Tony Montana’s decisions. He taught us how to work smart, be courageous, and know when to seize opportunities.
Watching movies based on real-life events is an excellent way to get insight into the past and how it affects the future. With that, we hope this list was able to give you a sneak peek into the characters’ lives, moral compasses, and experiences. Feel free to check out our collection again whenever you need some entertainment or life advice!
Have you watched Scarface before? How similar do you think the plot is to Al Capone’s life? Comment your thoughts below.